• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTPs & a self-fulfilling prophecy

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dear ESTPs and others, sorry this is a weirdly vague thread, but have you ever had the experience of a self fulfilling prophecy? What I mean is, has a perception of reality (that perhaps was incorrect) ever influenced your behavior so much that it ended up coming true? Have you ever known an ESTP that has had this sort of thing happen? The experiences can be positive or negative. I just would like to hear your stories. Please describe how you viewed/handled the situation as an ESTP.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:holy: did you see my whining in the Random Thoughts Thread that nobody ever starts a thread on ESTPs?!

I'll have to think on that for a minute while I make some iced tea :yes:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, but also I recently observed something like this in an ESTP, so you motivated me to ask the forum. :cheese:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I generally don't bother with the prophecy part, act like a dumbass and have something bad befall me... not thinking before acting is a bad thing :thumbdown:

however, on many occasions I've been in a situation where I got to choose between the nice steady guy and the more "interesting" guy... only to be disappointed when the loose cannon behaved badly :sadbanana:

or choosing to go into law enforcement so that I could chase down bad guys, only to chase down the guy who stole my purse in real life, break my kneecap in the process, and get kicked out of the law enforcement hiring process :( seriously, how fair is THAT?!

My IxxJ people tend to predict any possible outcome and prepare for it so that it won't be as horrible when it happens... I tend to giggle at them for taking time out from having fun to stress things, but then envy them when they're prepared when I'm not... ant and grasshopper syndrome.... :unsure:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear ESTPs and others, sorry this is a weirdly vague thread, but have you ever had the experience of a self fulfilling prophecy? What I mean is, has a perception of reality (that perhaps was incorrect) ever influenced your behavior so much that it ended up coming true? Have you ever known an ESTP that has had this sort of thing happen? The experiences can be positive or negative. I just would like to hear your stories. Please describe how you viewed/handled the situation as an ESTP.

Honestly, this is the default mode of my existence.

Outside of common everyday tasks, I am a being driven by vision.

My mind is constantly scheming, coming up with ideas, opportunities, projects, etc. for ideas as to "what I want to do."

Once I mull over something enough and decide I wish to achieve it, my mind shifts to a mode of "how do I make this happen?"

Then I mull it all over again, figure out what seems like a reasonable way to achieve my objective, and then do it.

I forge my reality in the short term, mid-range, and long term perspectives.

If external tasks or circumstances are introduced into my life, I figure out how to resolve them as quickly as possible in order to get on with my agenda again ASAP.

I dream and solve problems everyday, and that is the essence of my reality...

:)

-Halla

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh, but Halla! "Life is what happens to you, while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oh, but Halla! "Life is what happens to you, while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

That is correct!

But who says that the "other plans" do not inevitably end up to your liking? :thinking:

NO ONE!!! :woot: :party2: :moonwalk:

As a matter of fact, the virtual shit storm that gets thrown your way could very well have put you on a new trajectory that is 10 times more bad ass and fulfilling than the one you were just on.

BUT - you will NEVER know, so either SEIZE THE DAY or hobble off and be BUTTHURT over it all. Right? :yim_rolling_on_the_

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
planning is something that happens to other people :thelook:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
planning is something that happens to other people :thelook:

I plan in real time as I'm moving around and doing stuff most of the time. :cheese:

The lag between my brain plans and them coming to fruition is usually less than 2.764 nanoseconds. :shock:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol... I usually act first and THEN think... it's not the most sensible approach :doh:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is correct!

But who says that the "other plans" do not inevitably end up to your liking? :thinking:

NO ONE!!! :woot: :party2: :moonwalk:

As a matter of fact, the virtual shit storm that gets thrown your way could very well have put you on a new trajectory that is 10 times more bad ass and fulfilling than the one you were just on.

BUT - you will NEVER know, so either SEIZE THE DAY or hobble off and be BUTTHURT over it all. Right? :yim_rolling_on_the_

:yes: but those in-between days can be gosh darn awful! :doh:

Til' one learns to "let go" as the shit storm rolls on...

And the sun shines again. :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes: but those in-between days can be gosh darn awful! :doh:

Til' one learns to "let go" as the shit storm rolls on...

And the sun shines again. :D

Fookin' A! That's EXACTLY what I'm trying to 'splain to you! :yes:

Go team xSTP! :pumpyouup:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
however, on many occasions I've been in a situation where I got to choose between the nice steady guy and the more "interesting" guy... only to be disappointed when the loose cannon behaved badly :sadbanana:

i tend to make similar choices in the opposite sex.

If this is a self-fulfilling prophecy of mine, or simply unusual (read: poor) decision making skills, I'm not sure.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i tend to make similar choices in the opposite sex.

If this is a self-fulfilling prophecy of mine, or simply unusual (read: poor) decision making skills, I'm not sure.

Well, at your life stage...there's a very good biological reason for that.

There's simply not as much blood flow to de' brain. *coughs*

:rofl1:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hey, I've finally chosen the better choice in the man department! :cheese:

however, I compulsively shoot myself in the foot in every other aspect of life :doh:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, at your life stage...there's a very good biological reason for that.

There's simply not as much blood flow to de' brain. *coughs*

:rofl1:

BAHAHAHHH!!!!! The little head has all the fuel!!! What great years those were!!! :rofl1:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is it the older I get; the more eSTP like I become? :unsure: