User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

Default Thoughts, Feelings, and Emotions.

I've been thinking about this dynamic alot. How I don't really trust my "feelings". I can feel a certain way but understand rationally I may have no real reason to feel that way. Like perceiving a slight were none was intended just because it felt that way or I think someone "should" act in XYZ manner.

Conversely I am wary of letting a feeling lead to engendering a thought that may or may not be true, but I feel that way so I act that way and make it true i.e. Othello when Iago played on his jealousy, or King Lear deciding his estate.

Yet if I think something I find valid, I can feel a way about the idea. If that makes any sense. I can be passionate about defending a good idea. I believe any notion that can't withstand scrutiny isn't worth holding.

Thoughts?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

I'm a bit of the other way around. More feeling, but have learned to step back a little more and think. There are some things I'm just... fairly confident about and don't question as much. I guess these fall in the realm of higher ideals and all that. If you have anything like that, then just roll with it, man. Otherwise, it's probably a good thing to examine typical feelings.

MBTI
    IsTP

You ever been upset about something, knowing there was no good reason to feel that way, but that's how you felt? Wake up the next day and be over it. *shudders*

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Yeah.. Actually, I think SP (or maybe just SFP) is pretty typical of this.. have these outbursts. Next minute we're like "Cool.."

There is one ISTP description that talks about "classic SP rage", but I've never found more about it in detail..

But because they need such a lot of flexibility to be as spontaneous as they feel they must be, they tend to become as inflexible as the most rigid J when someone seems to be threatening their lifestyle (although they usually respond with a classic SP rage which is yet another vivid contrast to their "dormant," impassive, detached mode).

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    But because they need such a lot of flexibility to be as spontaneous as they feel they must be, they tend to become as inflexible as the most rigid J when someone seems to be threatening their lifestyle (although they usually respond with a classic SP rage which is yet another vivid contrast to their "dormant," impassive, detached mode).
    I get all "it's the principal involved" and go to war.

There's probably another thing about "Se" and "P" that makes us decisive to just act out like that. I mean, you gotta admit... it's immediately effective.

MBTI
    IsTP

There's probably another thing about "Se" and "P" that makes us decisive to just act out like that. I mean, you gotta admit... it's immediately effective.
    *Grudgingly admits it*

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm a bit of the other way around. More feeling, but have learned to step back a little more and think. There are some things I'm just... fairly confident about and don't question as much. I guess these fall in the realm of higher ideals and all that. If you have anything like that, then just roll with it, man. Otherwise, it's probably a good thing to examine typical feelings.
    I tend to be this way as well. However I have been learning to question my percieved thoughts and feelings. I am even been questioning my cherished beliefs, the one you act out on because it feels right without knowing why. I think confusion happens when we think and feel that things should be a certain way without questioning them when reality is what it is.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Yeah.. Actually, I think SP (or maybe just SFP) is pretty typical of this.. have these outbursts. Next minute we're like "Cool.."

There is one ISTP description that talks about "classic SP rage", but I've never found more about it in detail..

oh, the SP rage

An SP rage can move mountains!

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Roar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (I know that you're all terrified and that you're headed to your hiding spots right now!!)

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    oh, the SP rage

An SP rage can move mountains!
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.