• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Are all of you SPs good with your hands and have mechanical skills?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Woah... you live in Seattle dude?

EDIT: Yeah, should have seen your listed location earlier... Man I love that city! Lived there for about 3 years.

Oh, and INTJs are power-hungry little bastards.
Yep. Just moved here in October. Made quite a ruckus about it here, too, when I said I didn't have a job or a for-sure place to stay. But I'm living in high hog heaven now, hahaha. I have a badass job and can pretty much pay for anything I want. :yay:

And yeah, Seattle fuckin' rules. This vibe kills, man, and everyone here has a creative sense of style. If you're not a freak then you're the freak. :laugh:

And, just because INTJs need power (not as much as ENTJs, though) doesn't mean they need attention. They need to actually have that power in their control, regardless of whether they're noticed for it or not. The INTJ I knew was clearly unmotivated by the desire to prove anything, he just wanted people to know certain facts so that their lives would take a turn for the better/more efficient.

I think it's true too.. But it's like I just want to limit presence to action/skills/etc.. I can't sustain presence in terms of words. There were times, especially when younger, when I've jumped on top of tables and just got in the faces of everyone around me . But I feel like.. beside myself when doing it...and guilty (for some good reasons, but whatever). Definitely doesn't come natural to me.
Yeah, definitely wasn't talking about just words. There's a sense of presence a person has just by existing. Like the hot chick that walks in the room and turns heads, or the artistically dressed person who gets looks from everyone, or the tough guy who makes people shuffle a little bit to make sure he's given room. All SPs have their own personal flair.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep. Just moved here in October. Made quite a ruckus about it here, too, when I said I didn't have a job or a for-sure place to stay. But I'm living in high hog heaven now, hahaha. I have a badass job and can pretty much pay for anything I want. :yay:
Awesome man. What do you do for a living?

And yeah, Seattle fuckin' rules. This vibe kills, man, and everyone here has a creative sense of style. If you're not a freak then you're the freak. :laugh:
Hell yeah.

And, just because INTJs need power (not as much as ENTJs, though) doesn't mean they need attention. They need to actually have that power in their control, regardless of whether they're noticed for it or not. The INTJ I knew was clearly unmotivated by the desire to prove anything, he just wanted people to know certain facts so that their lives would take a turn for the better/more efficient.
Yeah I see what you mean. I do have a borderline-extroverted INTJ friend who actually craves recognition for his achievements and talents though, so that probably colors my perspective on INTJs. He's likely a 3, unlike most INTJs (who are usually 1s, 5s or 8s).

KDude

My dad's from Seattle so I've been there a lot. Cool city, shitty weather. Funniest homeless people ever. Better than New Orleans even.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Seattle weather is one of my favorite things about the city. It's never, ever hot (and I do so loathe hot weather).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Explain something to me (coz I seriously suck at this)

How do you enjoy having somethign that doesn't work, while it's supposed to work, eat up your time, when you should be doing something else and this stupid :ranting: doesn't wanna cooperate?

I mean...aphrodite said her ISTP especially loves the 'it has to work right now, right here'-thing. I absolutely hate that. It means I have to spend time on something that is supposed to work, that is now seriously delaying me and eating my precious time and that I have no clue how to fix. It takes me all in all 2 seconds to get completely pissed off and ready to toss whatever it is out the window :steam:

If however,I have time and someone draws my attention to 'look, this is how it works', AND, it's useful to know how it works, I love tinkering. I'm not exactly good at it, but it's fun. But that rarely is the case. Unfortunately, scenario 1 is way more likely to occur :doh:

KDude

I'm not sure exactly what part of the thread you're referring to,but some broken things spark an interest in me because they'd be awesome if I can get them up and running. I don't mind the process.

If it's something unexpected, yeah, that's an inconvenience. I guess with practice tho, you begin to fix most things fairly quickly. thus keeping most of that precious time you're talking about ;) But it's definitely a pain in the ass if you turns out more of a problem than you realize

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: if you ever want to see me actually concentrate on something and keep my attention on it for more than 10 minutes give me a problem to fix... fixing things is one of my favorite things to do... the thought that "I KNOW that if I play with it enough I'm going to know how it works and then I'll know how to fix it properly" is a challenge that's hard to turn down :drool:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Explain something to me (coz I seriously suck at this)

How do you enjoy having somethign that doesn't work, while it's supposed to work, eat up your time, when you should be doing something else and this stupid :ranting: doesn't wanna cooperate?

I mean...aphrodite said her ISTP especially loves the 'it has to work right now, right here'-thing. I absolutely hate that. It means I have to spend time on something that is supposed to work, that is now seriously delaying me and eating my precious time and that I have no clue how to fix. It takes me all in all 2 seconds to get completely pissed off and ready to toss whatever it is out the window :steam:

If however,I have time and someone draws my attention to 'look, this is how it works', AND, it's useful to know how it works, I love tinkering. I'm not exactly good at it, but it's fun. But that rarely is the case. Unfortunately, scenario 1 is way more likely to occur :doh:

I can't understand it either. I'm with you. I'm either on a strict schedule, or I'm strictly having some fun. Don't like stuff to interfere with either one of those too much. :smile:

wolfy

awsm
It is nice when something is broken because the goal is is so clear, so cut and dry. It's a nice easy hit of satisfaction.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
- I'm a halfway competent machinist. I am as accurate as the equipment can be, I just don't do it often enough to get quick at it. (My welding skills are still a work in progress).

- I can drive anything you'll give me access to (or about 20 minutes alone, for that matter), and drive it very well, including on the edge of it's control if I desire.

- I'm decent at carpentry. I'm not going to be making furniture, but I can definitely build a deck.

- I enjoy fixing anything that's broken.

Sunny Ghost

haha. the other day i was ghetto rigging the refrigerator, because the side thingy that holds the condiments to the door fell off. my istp roommate came out and was super excited and curious in what i was doing and went on to exclaim what i great job i did to the other roommates at rigging it back together with duck tape and other random items i had. it was pretty cute.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I can't understand it either. I'm with you. I'm either on a strict schedule, or I'm strictly having some fun. Don't like stuff to interfere with either one of those too much. :smile:

you probably get a lot done that way, are very productive. i am sometimes envious of people who can schedule their time.

i can't stick to a schedule. setting or using a schedule frustrates me a lot.
i like when everything gets mixed up and chaotic, when it is impossible to tell anything apart. i like when work and fun and social life get mixed up so much you can't tell them apart.

It is nice when something is broken because the goal is is so clear, so cut and dry. It's a nice easy hit of satisfaction.

definitely. :thumbup: