User Tag List

First 34567 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm pretty old school with my skills... home repair, bicycle repair... I took carpentry and metal working instead of home ec even... and I'm pretty good at the carpentry part, especially finishing and stripping wood (bwa ha ha ha... I'm good at stripping! )
    Okay, that's just hawt. I'd probably enjoy seeing you take your clothes off, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    On the contrary, I KNOW how you guys are, so the warning was necessary.
    But if you REALLY knew us, you'd understand that all warnings are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    What Willfrey said was the other point I missed. You are at least as good as your tools. Screwdrivers, wrenches and a basic rachet/socket set should be the basics to start most things. Although even the "basics" can be expensive.

Find someone who you know who has tools you can borrow or come over and use before you invest.

I find I'm the opposite of you. I dislike technology. Phones and computers and...ugh. I lose patience quickly if I can't "see" what's going on but that doesn't mean I can't understand them with practice, you know? Some things take longer than others to catch up on. Doesn't mean you can't do it.
    That last paragraph is the exact way I feel about mechanical things. The only reason I'm not like that with phones/computers is familiarity, and even then if I'm unfamiliar with something and it's not obvious how to work it I get impatient very quickly. :steam:
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    But if you REALLY knew us, you'd understand that all warnings are useless.
    *feral growl* Hmph. they worked beautifully on the SJs.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

My old man is an XSFP and not especially into mechanics etc. He could hold his own with basic DIY things but not mcuh more.

He is really into sport though.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

My ESFP brother is both a skilled carpenter and craftsman.

Many pieces of our house´s furniture are made by him. His handcraft work is also very popular.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Seriously, I haven't seen a single mechanically incompetent SP reply (unless they just don't want to cop out to it).

I don't see why MBTI nazis (who I call "briggots") always give SPs the intellectual shaft and assume they're stupid.

It's equally impressive to be able to be independent and capable with your hands as it is to ruminate on physics and Socrates in an ivory tower...

Not that they're mutually exclusive. I'd like to step out of that ivory tower, but I can't figure out the damn LOCK. :steam:
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't see why MBTI nazis (who I call "briggots") always give SPs the intellectual shaft and assume they're stupid.
    I'd reckon to say that most SP's don't care to prove ourselves to anyone but ourselves.

This is why others may not know how mind-blowingly brilliant we are.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Also, it's not fun if people start relying on you too much for these things.. Great. More work. Best to keep your brilliance under wraps.

MBTI
    ISTP

I can totally rock a wrench set I've been taking things apart and getting them put back together (most of the time) since I was a little kid. I've been the guy people call to get a difficult problem fixed for as long as I can remember. It's nothing special to be honest, anyone can do it if they pay attention to how the pieces right in front of them fit together. With simpler stuff I usually just have to convince them them to give it a try. Seems like most people are too afraid to get their hands dirty with some trial and error... if they gave it a shot they would realize it's not as complicated as it looks at first!

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Seriously, I haven't seen a single mechanically incompetent SP reply (unless they just don't want to cop out to it).

It's equally impressive to be able to be independent and capable with your hands as it is to ruminate on physics and Socrates in an ivory tower...

Not that they're mutually exclusive. I'd like to step out of that ivory tower, but I can't figure out the damn LOCK. :steam:
    Several of us are locksmiths, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I'd reckon to say that most SP's don't care to prove ourselves to anyone but ourselves.

This is why others may not know how mind-blowingly brilliant we are.
    Yeah, it doesn't even faze me when somebody calls me stupid. I am what I am, Sam I am.

It DOES annoy me when somebody criticizes what I do or my work, though. :steam:
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't even faze me when somebody calls me stupid. I am what I am, Sam I am.

It DOES annoy me when somebody criticizes what I do or my work, though. :steam:
    hahaha, such an sp response.