• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP dealbreakers and must haves

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Must have-
Sense of humor.
Talkative, but not annoying. I love talking to the people I'm close to.
Give me space.
Sex, often. :devil:
Something to do together, shared hobby, go out places, whatever.

Dealbreakers-
Emotionally unstable.
Complicated (in a bad way).
Control freak.
Plays head games. I don't really see the point of it except to test trust. Why be in a relationship with someone you don't trust though? One of my exes did something like this. She was really unclear about her intentions, asked me a few questions that were a bit personal or that were a bit touchy, and then when I answered she clammed up. Lost respect instantly, it went downhill from there. INFP 4w5 sp/sx without much self confidence... :doh:

There are other dealbreakers, but the other SP guys covered them pretty well. They are pretty basic relationship dealbreakers.

KDude

Dealbreaker:

Vampires
Werewolves
Mummies
Zombies
Responsible adults *shudder*

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Must Haves:

Chemistry
Good sex
Honest
Trustworthy
Fun

Deal Breakers:

Game Playing
Talks too much
:thinking:

That's all I got right now...

Who are you saying must have these things?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SP requirements are so much cooler and more sensible than the requirements of other types. :static: Maybe I need an SP!

Nah...they're just less analytical. It's not a matter of always being less picky than less prone to picking apart WHY; and if you don't pick it apart, then you won't articulate it as clearly.

In some ways, that leads them into BAD relationships more often than an NF who will over-analyze and then make a run for it when they see the person is much too far from ideal.

Besides, SPs can also be more shallow in their requirements: "You're cute, we have fun together, let's date!".

That said, I am dating an SP right now (which I've announced in just about every post recently :blush: ).

KDude

i'm not less analytical (ok maybe). but i just think dissing people for wearing sneakers is mean. that's going a bit far in the analysis dept

i'm halfway serious about not wanting to date monsters. that's what NFs forget. that there are real problematic people out there - best to not get hung up on so many other things not being an ideal. remind oneself of what's truly shitty..things that are "fundamentally" bad.. and then you're cool with dating someone with crappy shoes. ;)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm not less analytical (ok maybe). but i just think dissing people for wearing sneakers is mean. that's going a bit far in the analysis dept

i'm halfway serious about not wanting to date monsters. that's what NFs forget. that there are real problematic people out there - best to not get hung up on so many other things not being an ideal. remind oneself of what's truly shitty..things that are "fundamentally" bad.. and then you're cool with dating someone with crappy shoes. ;)

But if you've read the NF lists, you'd see that's pretty much what they amount to; by analysis, I mean considering their character. I don't recall one listing shoes as a dealbreaker ;)

KDude

it would be a dealbreaker, but i kinda put that already. "responsible adults". hating sneakers seems sort of adult-like. ;D not to say i couldn't fall into some style that was more genteel.. i can do that too, but i wouldn't want to be something too definitive. its a little different from SJs (a lot of them like to make fun of what's not "normal", i think), but someone with too many ideals can be imposing in their own way too (not all, don't get me wrong).

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dealbreakers:
Smoking
Lying
Pessimism