• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] IXTP asking for an opinion.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Ok so I've part of the forums on and off now, and I'm still in question as to whether I am an ISTP or INTP. I tend to get INTP on typology tests with a borderline N usually being 52% "N" 48% "S". On cognitive functions however it says that my "Se" is higher than my "Ne" so that would be an indicator of "ISTP". Thing is on cognitive functions tests it says that I have high Fi. An ISTP with high Fi? is that possible? however my Ti tends to be slightly higher than my Fi as the dominant function with Se and Fi coming in second. Now that some of you know me a bit better, what's your opinion? and please don't say ISFP.:cry:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh, dear god! not this again! :doh:

Where do you find yourself posting more? SP, NT or INTPC?

Where's the most commonality?

S or N for me was as simple as being asked to describe a cup.

An S will tell you what the cup looks like, maybe it's physical dimensions...color attributes.

An N will go off on some tanget of something the cup reminds them of.

Often time their responses are somewhere out in left field vs. an S. ;)

KDude

.. i'm already bugging slippy about this in PMs :D

N's seriously describe cups that way? uh oh..

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I test one direction and self identify in another... where you fit is up to how you identify :)

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'd say it's a cup used for drinking. Why would I ever go off on a tangent about it? It's just a cup, nothing special.
About the Fi. The tests seems to test results of the introverted judging functions. I score higher than expected Fi. When I go back and try to figure out which questions give Fi I'd notice most of them can be answered as such from Ti alone. It's a problem with how they test for functions.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say it's a cup used for drinking. Why would I ever go off on a tangent about it? It's just a cup, nothing special.
About the Fi. The tests seems to test results of the introverted judging functions. I score higher than expected Fi. When I go back and try to figure out which questions give Fi I'd notice most of them can be answered as such from Ti alone. It's a problem with how they test for functions.

Well, it's an exercise I've seen given in a psychology class. A styrofoam cup was projected via the overhead. We were all asked to jot down our description of the cup.

One of the N's went off on how bad the styrofoam is for the environment.

Another N said that the cup reminded them of spending time with a grandparent.

The S's remained consitent in describing size/shape etc. There weren't very many N's in the class at all. But hearing the varience in the responses was incredibly entertaining.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:doh: I would turn such a situation into a joke... and more likely than not a dirty one :laugh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
true... my mind isn't just dirty... it's probably stained that way :shock:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Look at yourself in the mirror. ISTPs have a really intense gaze/expression, almost like they are angry all the time. INTPs look spacey. I am 75% serious about this. Their gazes really burn. :D

^ istp i knew is full of dirty jokes, endless, endless

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Look at yourself in the mirror. ISTPs have a really intense gaze/expression, almost like they are angry all the time. INTPs look spacey. I am 75% serious about this. Their gazes really burn. :D

Considering the comments I've gotten from people. I reckon you're on to something.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed with Rebe.

Jix, I don't know you that well, but the times I've seen you post and talk, make me think ISTP.

Hunter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Aren't NTs also much more prone to arguing and debating? Whereas an ST is more likely to just let something go...?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I knew an ISTP who seemed very ISFP, very Fi. In fact, I think he might be ISFP, but he hangs out with predominantly ISTPs/ESTPs so I think he adopts that behavior easily, not to mention that guys can test T and be F. Although that wouldn't apply to cog functions tests.

It would take a lot of introspection to determine if you are mostly Ti or Fi. And I'm no expert of either.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ST's eat NT's for Breakfast! :2ar15:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
STs cause NTs to wish that penis jokes were never invented! :holy:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh please.

STs are the STDs of MBTI.

They show up when you least want them, and they never go away. ;)