• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] ESFP & Marriage

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
So, you ESFPs out there.. are you scared/hesitate of getting married?

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only ESFPs I've known have jumped into marriage headlong without thinking about what they were doing and regretted it later.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My mom is ESFP and married her first husband when she was 18.

She's married to her third husband, but they've been together for like 17 years.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Hmm.. I'm an EX-ESFP..

Yea. I'm scared to devote my life to someone; who knows what they can do..

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm pretty sure my mom is an ESFP and she's been married . . . to four guys and was never married to my dad. One marriage ended when her husband died suddenly (If she had a one true love that was him). She married and divorced one of the guys three times and one of them twice. At 61 she's currently sworn off men. Only time will tell.

I think there is seriously something besides ESFP going on there, though -- borderline personality disorder or bipolar or something.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Thanks for everyones input so far.
How do you think a marriage between an ESFP female and an ISFJ male would pan out? Positives, negatives? She's 24 he's 27.

HomerSoprano

MBTI Type
INTP
How do you think a marriage between an ESFP female and an ISFJ male would pan out? Positives, negatives? She's 24 he's 27.

Fairly good I´d say but it depends on a lot of other things as well. Experience, maturity, position in life, upbringing etc etc.

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
My current ESFP boyfriend is divorced. He seems to jump into things. Although, I forced him to take his time with me. :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, you ESFPs out there.. are you scared/hesitate of getting married?

It's not really the ESFPs who are afraid of devotion... more like the etype 7's. Those are the ones who are irrationally afraid of devotion. :p

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oooo YES! so true of what i've witnessed!

Yeah. One was my grandmother, who married my grandfather thinking he was 27 when he was lying and was actually 19 (she was 28), and another is a girl whom I've known since birth who had been married 3 times and has one kid by the age of 22. Yet another started making wedding plans with a guy when she had never met him in person and planned to get hitched a week after he got home from his deployment.

They're crazy, I tell you. :yes:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My ESFP grandfather was married to my ESTJ grandmother for 56 years! :holy:

It was his second marriage... his first wife left him because he randomly decided that they should move to South Dakota. :cheese:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My ESFP grandfather was married to my ESTJ grandmother for 56 years! :holy:

It was his second marriage... his first wife left him because he randomly decided that they should move to South Dakota. :cheese:

OMG! My grandfather did stuff like that all the time. He died before I was born so I never met him, but he would just come home and tell Grandma he'd sold the house and they were moving or drive home in a different care than he'd left for work in. Maybe he was an ESFP.

Grandma was his second wife. She and all three of their children adored him. He was over ten years older than her. She was an ISFJ or maybe an ISTJ. They got married when she was 25, I think and stayed married until he died in his early sixties. When he died, it's like the whole family was emotionally gutted for years.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
same sort of thing here! I don't think that his wife or kids EVER got over him dying (it was a freak medical mishap, so nothing expected even!). He may have been somewhat quirky and unpredictable in ways, but he was the heart and soul of the entire family. From what I've seen older ESFPs comfortably grow into such roles :yes:

They got married at the age of 30 after she got divorced as well... from his best friend :doh:

kitty213

MBTI Type
ESFP
"The only ESFPs I've known have jumped into marriage headlong without thinking about what they were doing and regretted it later."

I would have to agree with this. I know that when I met my husband I just jumped head first into the marriage not knowing what I was getting into. Thankfully he is a very patient and loving man and we are still together but it has been very hard at times because we are so completely different.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Don't ever base your potential to be happy in a romantic relationship with another human being on typological compatibility.

I am an ESTP, my wife is an INFJ, and we've been together for 16 years and are happy as hell with each other, life in general, and ourselves. In theory we should be "shadows" or "polar opposites." I have one word for this:

HORSESHIT.

It's not really the ESFPs who are afraid of devotion... more like the etype 7's. Those are the ones who are irrationally afraid of devotion. :p

Not all of us! I'm ESTP 7w8 sx/so and I'm happy as a lark to be married! :woot:

I would have to agree with this. I know that when I met my husband I just jumped head first into the marriage not knowing what I was getting into. Thankfully he is a very patient and loving man and we are still together but it has been very hard at times because we are so completely different.

All long term relationships have ups and downs, regardless fo the type of each partner... :yes:

HomerSoprano

MBTI Type
INTP
I am an ESTP, my wife is an INFJ, and we've been together for 16 years and are happy as hell with each other, life in general, and ourselves. In theory we should be "shadows" or "polar opposites." I have one word for this:

I think two mature people who knows their strong and weak sides and also respcts their partners strong and weak side will have a much happier relation than two immature duals.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an esfp 7w8 and a bit of a slow bloomer on the marriage/commitment front. I'm 25 and just now coming to terms with the possibility of marriage and children. As long as it's a fun marriage. With fun children. :)