• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Ask an ISFP!

KDude

Oh yeah?! Well my kite is a unicorn that farts butterflies and hearts! <3

My dragon doesn't fart, but he's just as happy as your unicorn. Look he's smiling

dragon_kite_red.JPG

Sunny Ghost

It's not. That is something that I seek. I really wish that I could find something like that. I am only really attracted to relationship situations if I see them as working out in the long term; or if it's something purely casual and both me and her know it. But I'd prefer an LTR monogamous relationship. I can't imagine it being any other way.

Completely agreed! Long term, or nothing serious at all. No point in wasted effort. Either I just want your booty or the real deal, in it for real, soul mate, melt into you, come find me in hell - relationship. Haha.

Sunny Ghost

Hey isfps: if you never freaking complain how are we supposed to tell when you're just avoiding conflict vs. genuinely not bothered?
I'm an ISFP that has noooo problem being assertive and aggressive when I feel it is necessary, or if it is something I feel strongly about. Any of my roommates, exboyfriends or bosses could quickly back me up on this claim. But I won't typically start an argument unless I feel like something just doesn't make sense, or isn't fair, or if I think something is just retarded, or if I feel like someone is trying to get the upper hand on me. I question authority a lot! If it's a fight with a friend or boyfriend, I am typically looking for a solution. I don't necessarily scream, yell or kick... but want to sit down and clear the table.

I don't know how many ISFPs do that, but it makes sense to me. I am continually torn myself (maybe that's what the whole Fi/Se thing is) - I think I do desire a life-long relationship, but at the same time I don't want to be tied down and obligated to things. I want to experience the pleasures of life, including many different women, yet part of me believes that there is virtue in finding just one who is the right one in all aspects. It's a constant paradox.
I have that same torn feeling. That desire to have a life long partner, but not wanting to be tied down at the same time. I suppose I'm hoping that feeling will fade with age, and while I'm still young enough, go out and experience all I can. That way, one day I can fully commit without regrets.

I would say "norm-conflicting" doesn't usually bother SPs too much. We specialize in messing with norms. ;)

But to answer your other questions, you'll likely never convince an SFP to rationalize anything. We are proudly irrational.
lol!!

1) Being an ESFP, I sometimes get it confused between the two. What is the difference?
My roommate is actually an ESFP. Big difference between us. She is DEFINITELY a performer and entertainer. She tells elaborate stories that she acts out at the same time, and talks and talks and talks. Me? I'm quieter. Especially with more people around. I'll have random bursts of silliness. But I'm more action and less talk, I suppose, say in a party setting or big group setting. When we're both at home, I'm more inclined to go hide in my room to do my thing and be alone. Where as, she's always in the living room or kitchen where she can have contact with who ever else is home. (We live with a lot of people and have a lot of guests that come in and out!) I can be quite chatty in one on one situations, but like I said, in the group setting, it might seem like I'm social, but I do little talking in those situations, but can still go with the flow of energy and have fun and entertain in a quieter/ less chatty/ but still silly fun way than my ESFP roommate. She's much more audible and center stage.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Does she look like she's part of the ISFP family?

justin_bieber.jpg

Last edited:

KDude

Noon, you confuse me.. We're not that different on that (except I'm not a 7). Where would any of us be without imagination anyways? I think even Jeffster, talking in that quote as he does, still appreciates the products of imagination at least... and not reality completely.

I wonder where the line begins or ends on this one? :thinking: What does it mean to say "reality is enough"? What is reality? I don't even know what that is sometimes. What if an SP were the same person as they are now - except it was 4,000 years ago. Would reality still be enough, even though it'd be stripped of the progress humans have made since then - progress that wouldn't be here without fantasizing or imagination. How far would one go to downgrade fantasy or future-thinking? Because we all enjoy the fruits of it either way.

@DejaVu: Yeah, maybe.

KDude

Well, she looks like some of my own quirky pics from awhile back.. except, I don't even know if I'm ISFP sometimes. :D So, take it with a grain of salt.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Dear ISFP(z)

how do I perform cpr? ... QUICK!

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Do you guys really think about aesthetics that much? How many of you paint/design clothes/make clay pots etc.?

wolfy

awsm
Do you guys really think about aesthetics that much? How many of you paint/design clothes/make clay pots etc.?

I've got an interest in design. I've had an interest in the layout of a space for as long as I remember. Both aesthetics and function. I think I spent more time on room layout than average as a kid.

I don't paint, design clothes or make clay pots. I've had a desire to learn pottery for a long time. There is a glass blowing factory around here up in the mountains that I want to visit. When I was a baker I was really into that side of it, when I wasn't buried in work at least.

I feel I do care and think about aesthetics more than the people around me, on average. I can be lazy, not everything around me is an expression, some things are just a mess.

But it is important to me. And I think that is key.

I think a lot of it isn't what you do but your mindset. The isfp as an artist is an attempt to explain that isfp are somewhat introverted, yet have a desire to express themselves. It is that contrast of two different things. A turning inwards and an expression out.

It is really comfortable to make something. Very peaceful and rewarding. I don't know why that is, but it is. It is nice to produce something that people will enjoy, will experience. And something about it being tangible gives it a more solid feel. It is more real.

When you can cause someone to feel something through producing something worthwhile, that is an awesome feeling.

Part of it is it isn't to direct, it is going through something. That is why isfp like to perform as well. It is expression through another thing and that leaves you free to yourself.

That is how I see it.

craigensa

MBTI Type
ISFP
Hello guys...I'm new to this forum so I'd just like to say hi!

I may be one of many or one of few here, but I am an ISFP with an intense devotion to music. I'm currently studying it at university and I can hardly be without it during the day...'tis my life.

All of the MBTI tests I've taken come up with ISFP, and upon reading all the descriptions, even the negative ones, I have this shock of recognition and the feeling that someone understands me totally. It's a warm and fuzzy feeling that I have with less than 5 people in my life, so to experience this more I've decided to join here!

Anyway, getting sidetracked...if anyone has any questions about ISFPs and music, fire away.

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
What do you respect most about a person. What do you look for in someone?

Sunny Ghost

i agree with wolfy that in being an ISFP, you're sort of innately born with the lenses of an artist. it's the wonderful combination of Fi + Se + Ni. everything experienced through the senses are filtered out with feelings and impressions.

from as little as i can recall, some of my fondest memories involved my art classes. it was always the only class i truly looked forward to. i loved all arts and crafts and did a great amount of them growing up. i started off in college as an art major. however, these days i dabble less in it. however, i've always wanted to have a potter's wheel of my own and a kiln, and hope to someday acquire this. also, in recent years, i've taken up gardening in hopes of one day having a home with a beautiful flower and vegetable garden. i lack a green thumb, but i'm still trying.

i'm also very sensitive to my home environment and the home environments of my friends. i'm always eager to want to help redecorate, and when i see a place that isn't so aesthetically pleasing, i find myself mentally rearranging and redecorating.

Sunny Ghost

i agree with wolfy that in being an ISFP, you're sort of innately born with the lenses of an artist. it's the wonderful combination of Fi + Se + Ni. everything experienced through the senses are filtered out with feelings and impressions.

from as little as i can recall, some of my fondest memories involved my art classes. it was always the only class i truly looked forward to. i loved all arts and crafts and did a great amount of them growing up. i started off in college as an art major. however, these days i dabble less in it. however, i've always wanted to have a potter's wheel of my own and a kiln, and hope to someday acquire this. also, in recent years, i've taken up gardening in hopes of one day having a home with a beautiful flower and vegetable garden. i lack a green thumb, but i'm still trying.

i'm also very sensitive to my home environment and the home environments of my friends. i'm always eager to want to help redecorate, and when i see a place that isn't so aesthetically pleasing, i find myself mentally rearranging and redecorating.

Sunny Ghost

What do you respect most about a person. What do you look for in someone?

i like and respect people that are genuine. people that are open minded. people that aren't so quick to judge. people that are nice and sincere. people that are wise. people that are friendly and courteous. people that look beyond their self.

i look for a mate that yearns for adventure and has a free spirit about them. a mate that's smart, but not pompous. a mate that has his own interests and hobbies and passions. a mate that can meet me on an emotional level and be emotionally honest with me. honesty, honesty, honesty. that's one of the most attractive qualities. next to a good sense of humor.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you guys generally forgive others easily after a period of time?

Sunny Ghost

Do you guys generally forgive others easily after a period of time?

it depends... i prefer to forgive and forget. and in most situations... i do. however, there are exceptions to this. i suppose it depends on the degree of damage and also on the amount of love i have for this person, and how much love a person shows me back.

i have one female friend who perpetually kept deceiving me over and over again. today, she pretends as though she's never done me wrong, but i've still held onto my grudge against her. she knew she did wrong by me, because she quit responding to my phone calls and quit showing her face around me for quite some time. a year or so. and whenever i finally allowed her back into my life... did deceived me again. after that, i couldn't ever forgive her or allow her back into my heart. she's probably the only person i've held a grudge against for this long. going on four years now. i know it's a ridiculous amount of time to hold on to a grudge, but the few meetings we've had in this time never went over well. and i will definitely say, that none of these bad meetings were on my part. it's sad, because we used to be so close.

i've had a few other falling out's with other friends, but we typically always manage to forgive and forget in the end and become friends again. Fi can feel pretty assaulted at times, and can hold this against a person. but typically, we'll get over it eventually.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
how'd you find out you were an isfp?