• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Ask an ISFP!

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
1) Being an ESFP, I sometimes get it confused between the two. What is the difference?

2)If you were to mate with a type, who would you do it with? How and Why?

3) Why do you think you are an ISFP? What the the qualities?

4) Rate your type out of 10 on the scale of Awesomesness.

5) What is the main goal in your life?

6) What is life?

:yes: Have fun!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I believe it's her Fi. It wants to "correct" me.

I have a hard time believing that "Fi" wants you to take a bath every day. You didn't answer my question as to why you believe she is ISFP.

1) Being an ESFP, I sometimes get it confused between the two. What is the difference?

The ESFPs do the things that the ISFPs wish we were doing.

2)If you were to mate with a type, who would you do it with? How and Why?

Uhhhh..huh huh huh huh (Butthead laugh)

Short and curvy, dude. However she was down for, because it's gooood.

3) Why do you think you are an ISFP? What the the qualities?

On a basic level, because almost every test says so, and most type descriptions are pretty accurate. I've never taken the "official" MBTI, but I have taken many assessments that are based on it. I am introverted, here-and-now focused, my decisions and values are very emotion-based, I care little for logic or rationale, and I am very open-ended and adaptable, not enjoying or valuing a lot of schedules or strict guidelines for things.

6) What is life?

You just answered your own questions:

:yes: Have fun!

:yes:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a hard time believing that "Fi" wants you to take a bath every day. You didn't answer my question as to why you believe she is ISFP.

Absolutely impossible that she's not. extreme Introverted, sensing, feeling , perceiver. I could also talk about the functions aspect. The most obvious of her's are Fi X X Te. The combination of somewhat ruthless, less developed directed cognitive approach and internal judgement based on values. Other than that, her interest in stories and boredom of ideas. Truly impossible that she's not this type....no "rocket" can change my mind about that.

...except, I'm confused over her demanding approach. Therefore, I have concluded that it came from her approach of what is "right" to her, the "Fi".

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
What aspects of an ISFP make it a challenge to be successful in a relationship?

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Absolutely impossible that she's not. extreme Introverted, sensing, feeling , perceiver. I could also talk about the functions aspect. The most obvious of her's are Fi X X Te. The combination of somewhat ruthless, less developed directed cognitive approach and internal judgement based on values. Other than that, her interest in stories and boredom of ideas. Truly impossible that she's not this type....no "rocket" can change my mind about that.

...except, I'm confused over her demanding approach. Therefore, I have concluded that it came from her approach of what is "right" to her, the "Fi".

Sounds more like FeSi, from what I'm reading. Si is the function concerned with material wellbeing, order, etc. Fe uses Si when it wants to decipher appropriate behaviour through past experience, observations or childhood. What you described strikes against ISFP behaviour. My ISFP girlfriend desires independence and freedom in our relationship, and so she in turn gives me these things. At most, she'll jokingly "nag" at me to finish an essay. But that's usually just an excuse to get in touch. ISFPs are too lax for didactic language. Your mother is probably an XSFJ.

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
Being an ESFP, I sometimes get it confused between the two. What is the difference?

I don't know. I test near the middle of E and I.

2)If you were to mate with a type, who would you do it with?

Male.

How

:D

and Why?

:shock: You mean you don't know why?

3) Why do you think you are an ISFP?

The descriptions sound most like me.

What the the qualities?

Not currently in the mood to attempt to explain MBTI.

All types are 10s. (Equal Opportunity Typer. Typist?)

To live.

6) What is life?

Life is rich.
------> Insert entire lexicon of smilies here, as an example <------

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP

Did you mean

what aspects of an ISFP make it a challenge to the ISFP, or
what aspects of an ISFP make it a challenge to the partner?

What is success, in a relationship?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Did you mean

what aspects of an ISFP make it a challenge to the ISFP, or
what aspects of an ISFP make it a challenge to the partner?

What is success, in a relationship?

I was thinking the latter, but you know what, if you have knowledge on both, that would be a big help.

Success- meaning the relationship keeps growing and progresses, and is sustainable.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds more like FeSi, from what I'm reading. Si is the function concerned with material wellbeing, order, etc. Fe uses Si when it wants to decipher appropriate behaviour through past experience, observations or childhood. What you described strikes against ISFP behaviour. My ISFP girlfriend desires independence and freedom in our relationship, and so she in turn gives me these things. At most, she'll jokingly "nag" at me to finish an essay. But that's usually just an excuse to get in touch. ISFPs are too lax for didactic language. Your mother is probably an XSFJ.

I'm sorry, I disagree. I know too well the differences between a Judger and Perceiver. It takes hours before my mother is able to choose things while shopping. My sister, on the other hand, is an ISFJ. And I can very well see the difference between the two types. The ISFJ tending to be the outspoken one. One more thing, she does not use Fe. All things she say are mostly meant to direct inwards, instead of control the dynamics of the social.

I have concluded that it's not impossible for an ISFP to be didactic---especially at older age.

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP

Success- meaning the relationship keeps growing and progresses, and is sustainable.

My take, from my experience:

========

An ISFP is easygoing and can adapt to a variety of traits or types as long as there's caring.

Relationship challenges might stem from the partner appreciating having the ISFP's (a) understanding nature and (b) physical nature focused on them, but underneath, if the partner had thought about it, they really wanted or needed to be with a different kind of person.

It's not going to work well to get into a relationship with an ISFP and then try to change them. They are not, and are not interested in becoming:

-polished in a classic and traditional manner
-an SJ household manager
-a driven, corporate career person
-only infrequently physically affectionate
-wealth-oriented
-prestige-oriented

It's also not going to work well over the long term to get into a relationship with an ISFP because they seem like someone who can be dominated.

To an ISFP, a great relationship would include equality, playfulness, sharing, and caring.

========

I think it may take ISFPs a while to develop a good sense of who they are.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
My take, from my experience:

========

An ISFP is easygoing and can adapt to a variety of traits or types as long as there's caring.

Relationship challenges might stem from the partner appreciating having the ISFP's (a) understanding nature and (b) physical nature focused on them, but underneath, if the partner had thought about it, they really wanted or needed to be with a different kind of person.

It's not going to work well to get into a relationship with an ISFP and then try to change them. They are not, and are not interested in becoming:

-polished in a classic and traditional manner
-an SJ household manager
-a driven, corporate career person
-only infrequently physically affectionate
-wealth-oriented
-prestige-oriented

It's also not going to work well over the long term to get into a relationship with an ISFP because they seem like someone who can be dominated.

To an ISFP, a great relationship would include equality, playfulness, sharing, and caring.

========

I think it may take ISFPs a while to develop a good sense of who they are.

Thank you for this. :) You validated a lot of what I saw in my ISFP relationship and concluded on myself.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am very frustrated due to having to deal with two rude and incompetent people. Please offer strategies to prevent conversion to primal conflict resolution methods. :ng_mad: :threaten: :dont: :shock:

-Halla

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I am very frustrated due to having to deal with two rude and incompetent people. Please offer strategies to prevent conversion to primal conflict resolution methods. :ng_mad: :threaten: :dont: :shock:

-Halla

my thoughts exactly!

like it's ok to be incompetent, but at least admit you're bad and acknowledge it so i can maybe help you

but rudeness + incompetence = grrr

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

-Halla

Take them both out to see the movie "Kickass." I hear it's good.

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP

-Halla

I don't think you need advice -- you seem practical and intelligent. So, this is not advice, just a review. ;)

- Build a bridge -- i.e., some (perhaps smaller) version of Jeffster's movie suggestion -- and find common ground. Then look for an opening to constructively change the situation.

- Review the differences between passive, assertive, and aggressive behaviors. Even if you don't believe in those delineations, some of the insights may apply.

- Harder: consider whether or not you yourself also do, in at least some ways and in some situations, the behaviors that you currently find provoking.

- Last but not least, go look at Hubble photographs and remember how big the big picture really is.

Good luck!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

-Halla

What environment is it in? Work?

Also how long do you have to be with them?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
my thoughts exactly!

like it's ok to be incompetent, but at least admit you're bad and acknowledge it so i can maybe help you

but rudeness + incompetence = grrr

Precisely. :dry:

Take them both out to see the movie "Kickass." I hear it's good.

Can I take them to see it at a theater in a really bad part of town? :whistling:

I don't think you need advice -- you seem practical and intelligent. So, this is not advice, just a review. ;)

- Build a bridge -- i.e., some (perhaps smaller) version of Jeffster's movie suggestion -- and find common ground. Then look for an opening to constructively change the situation.

- Review the differences between passive, assertive, and aggressive behaviors. Even if you don't believe in those delineations, some of the insights may apply.

- Harder: consider whether or not you yourself also do, in at least some ways and in some situations, the behaviors that you currently find provoking.

- Last but not least, go look at Hubble photographs and remember how big the big picture really is.

Good luck!

A most excellent review, thank you! :yes:

These pragmatic tips are hard to recall when anger, testosterone, and fatigue course through one's veins. :newwink:

What environment is it in? Work?

Also how long do you have to be with them?

Yes, at the "Salt Mine." :laugh:

Duration = TBD. I am going to recommend they be removed from my workflow, as they are not adding any value. And if they are not, I will then continue what I am doing and blow them off until they leave me alone, as I do not report to them. As long as I am getting my work done, I should be fine in theory, we shall see... :cheese:

wolfy

awsm