• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP in politics

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any thoughts? Advices? Comments? Anything at all?

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't see ISFPs being particularly prone to being interested in politics. But hey, there might be some. :shrug:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Yes, I am interested in politics. I was a political science major in college.
Unfortunately, politics always ends up by being annoying and frustrating because it's too decisive and nothing productive ever gets accomplished.
Lawnmowing is a more productive career.

I don't see ISFPs being particularly prone to being interested in politics. But hey, there might be some. :shrug:

KarliJoanne

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'm interested in politics and I have thoughts and opinions on things, but I tend to see the point on both sides and I find the whole political process very draining. I think that an ISFP could be very good in politics because of the ability to listen, as long as they could find a way to deal with all the crap.

Sunny Ghost

i'm a bit like karli as well. i just don't think any one person is capable of making a decision that will affect many people. i'm always able to see both sides of an argument as having an equally valuable point, and am myself often divided. however, in my personal views, i'm a bit of an anarchist. not in the chaotic way, but simply in my idealist view i don't agree with government at all. but i'm realistic enough to know that anarchy simply will never work or happen. so i mostly remain apathetic to it all.

KDude

"Left wing, right wing.. it's all the same bird." - Alan Watts

that said, if your politics can't even express inclusive ideals and have a worldview that at least means well for others, then i'll show how much i care about politics.

wolfy

awsm
It's kind of telling this thread is two months old and has eight responses. Here is something strange I thought of while thinking of politics. Scitilop, I wonder what that could be? Some kind of Chupa Chup?

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Ooops. I did a malapropism in my previous post about a career in politics. I meant "divisive," not "decisive.":doh:

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
I can't think of any SP's I've known that have strong political opinions or interest - I couldn't give 2 hoots about politics myself ... never been something that's caught my interest.

Politics is full of J's (particularly IxxJs), as it's basically about pushing forward your strongly held views and opinions. That's not an ISFP's forte at all and being in that sort of environment would probably be very draining for them.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I have strong opinions about politics, especially about war, foreign policy, and environmental issues. I find it draining, though, and need to take lots of mental health breaks (lots of walking and gardening and drawing and painting)... it really is frustrating because change happens slower than a glacier moves...

I can't think of any SP's I've known that have strong political opinions or interest - I couldn't give 2 hoots about politics myself ... never been something that's caught my interest.

Politics is full of J's (particularly IxxJs), as it's basically about pushing forward your strongly held views and opinions. That's not an ISFP's forte at all and being in that sort of environment would probably be very draining for them.

KDude

I wish I knew how to get a "green job". I'd probably be effective installing 100 ft windmills or something. :cool:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any thoughts? Advices? Comments? Anything at all?
For ISFPs? Yeah, don't go into politics. ISFPs have many great talents (and I personally find ISFP women adorable :wubbie:), but policymaking is generally not one of them.

Sunny Ghost

I feel like it's full of ExxJ's. Ugh. Hate those guys. ;) Jk. My sister's one of them, and they always think they have the answers for everyone. :doh:

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
I feel like it's full of ExxJ's. Ugh. Hate those guys. ;) Jk. My sister's one of them, and they always think they have the answers for everyone. :doh:

There would be a decent amount of ExxJ's too, but I think mostly IxxJ's because most polticians seem driven by their personal agendas - IxxJ's have dominant Ni (based on a insights/visions) or Si (based on past experience), which forms a viewpoint/agenda first and then pushes it forward with Fe (socially influential way) or Te (logically infleuntial way) vs EJ's who want to create organisation with their dominant Te (systematic organisation) or Fe (social organisation) first and use their Si (experience) or Ni (insight) to support and help create it.