• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] The ISFP Thread

KDude

"otoh" - on the other hand :)

but yeah, the oliver stone flick. there's that segment in the film when jim is in new york at one of andy's parties. andy gives him this gold telephone saying he can call god with it. later, jim's drunk and walking around the street with the phone in his hand, but he just finally hands it to a bum. not sure how accurate that part of the story is.. but it was kind of inconsiderate, yet funny.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Complete and utter pain.

hoodpoor84

OMG ayoitsstepho, the current face on your avatar is beautiful!

but unfortunately, my preception tends to change overtime depending on how cool and funny a person really is (online and in real life).

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
OMG ayoitsstepho, the current face on your avatar is beautiful!

but unfortunately, my preception tends to change overtime depending on how cool and funny a person really is (online and in real life).

Lol, thank you! I'm glad you like my face. :laugh:

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It's been fun you guys, but clearly I'm ISFJ.

KDude

I don't know where to put this (I don't have a blog), but I think I'm an ISTP. There's too many things in their descriptions I identify with more than ISFP. I think I just call myself F because I struggle with emotions, spiritual values, and like art.. but umm.. yeah, whatever. ;)

wolfy

awsm
Welcome to the ISXP club. I see myself as a mix, a typological mongrel.

KDude

Heh yeah I think you're in the same club too, from what I can tell.

Either people need to help revise ISFP descriptions, or I'm just not ISFP. Seems like I've done things that are unthinkable to the people that descriptions chart out... I'm not proud of all of those things (maybe some though) or anything. It just is what it is.

wolfy

awsm
It isn't really the descriptions I don't like. Flaky as a lot of them are. It is just that when I look at my own thinking and my own behaviour I really sit in the middle. I love the feeling of isxp, either of the others feel restrictive. I'm not going to change my type, isfp is close enough, as far away as it is.

KDude

I guess it's the other way around for me. It's like a burden is lifted just accepting xSTP behavior, and in not trying to redefine ISFP too much.

wolfy

awsm
Well, I'd say the best use of type is understanding yourself. So whatever works works.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've seen this is other istp guys. Something in them just screams Fi, but the Ti takes over, especially in a world where guys are perceived as needing to be T. Fi and Ti are very similar in the way that they delve inward; into the mind, exploring and inducing. I think they can work well together. Sometimes istjs are more like intjs; they both can use Si and Ni well. Si and Ni are not that dissimilar in the way that they both go inward to fathom the unfathomable. Same with Fe and Te and Se and Ne. I think of them as sister functions. Some simply seem to have an innate proclivity to do this, while others develop it over time.

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love us, we should get more cookies.