• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Famous ISTP or Celebrities

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pat Benatar: ISTP
pat-benatar-crimes-of-passion.jpg
benatar.jpg

[youtube=VzK6GmfDcpc]Hit me with your best shot-Pat Benatar[/youtube]

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Eminem an ISTP or ENTJ, you guys need some help, lol, jk. The easiest way to type someone is by first looking at their CHARACTER first. Identical twin studies have shown character to be determined by dna; personality is determined by DNA and environment. Eminem has somewhat weak eye contact and a mostly low monotone voice and tends to be shy and calm or slightly nervous (look at body language, eye contact, and voice to determine character), but is sometimes crazy and full of fight. This makes him a "repressed A type"(I call it the rebel character type). Only two MBTI types can spring from from this biological character type, INTP and ISTP. Eminem's deeply emotional songs, super creative humor, and natural ability to build a business, point toward N not S. He is an INTP through and through. If you cant tell that you need much more practice, no offense. Have fun.:devil:

emimem INTP? LOL.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm sorry but Paris hilton is no way ISTP, I can see meagon fox as an ISTP but Paris hilton is an ENFP.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Megan Fox is quiet in interviews and such, but she's an attention whore. ESTP.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This may be the first time I've agreed with you. :devil:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry but Paris hilton is no way ISTP, I can see meagon fox as an ISTP but Paris hilton is an ENFP.

Paris Hilton, NF? Lol.

She is a star. And she is Sx/So. Not necessarly a E.

tmon912

MBTI Type
intp
response to jixmixfix

LOL. yawn....really. Listen buddy if you have an actual argument, your response implies you don't, then make it. Don't just give some bullshit response like a little bitch. :devil: Here's the deal, S types (which you claim to be) are not very good with Myer Briggs typing. Typing requires looking at the BIG PICTURE. Eminem is SHY. I can read that in his mannerism, eye contact, etc. But if you can't then read the stories about his shyness on the internet. So for sure he is I. The rest is real easy: super creative = N. Logical (about 70% of men are T) = T. Rebel and rule breaker = P. I look forward to an actual rebuttal but I doubt I will get one.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
S types (which you claim to be) are not very good with Myer Briggs typing.

That's silly. And quite the sweeping statement. Both my ENFP sister and INTJ brother think I'm a better typer than they are. Not that I care or anything. Also, creativity is not--as some Ns such as yourself would like to believe--limited to Ns. You're mistaking the English definition for "intuitive" as the Jungian definition of "intuitive."

KDude

I was actually thinking Em could INFP..but maybe T fits.

As for S not being good at the big picture, the difference is more between bottom up vs top down approaches, i think? S's can come to a good conclusion, build some concept working from details (and assuming they don't get too bored and follow through).

onceuponatime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
9w1
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqwCyuIeAnI"]Pat Benatar and Chrissie Hynde Interviews[/YOUTUBE]

Pat Benatar ISTP? I'm not buying it.

Chrissie Hynde, likely.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wmdD0ghNF4&feature=related"]Pat Benatar[/YOUTUBE]

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm...Benatar's most certainly a T and an SP.

At least in my own perception, notice how she's more so "thinking" vs. "feeling" about how to handle things in her interviews. Chrissie Hynde, I suspect is a "J".

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Chrissie Hynde seems very ISTP to me, and Pat Benatar almost seems like an F...especially in the interview where she's talking about her child. The STP you see in Pat Benetar may just be the on-stage character she talks about creating in that second interview. I don't think they're the same type.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chrissie Hynde seems very ISTP to me, and Pat Benatar almost seems like an F...especially in the interview where she's talking about her child. The STP you see in Pat Benetar may just be the on-stage character she talks about creating in that second interview. I don't think they're the same type.

Good point Marm. Yeah, I see her talking about it as an STP strategy.

Not sure how old she is in those interviews but our Fe evolves as we age. :blush:

i.e. Ten years ago I couldn't imagine saying to you, how much I love that you just put whatever you're thinking right out there.

I'd probably more so chosen to attempt and argue a point I'm not sure of to gain new information. ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good point Marm. Yeah, I see her talking about it as an STP strategy.

Not sure how old she is in those interviews but our Fe evolves as we age. :blush:

i.e. Ten years ago I couldn't imagine saying to you, how much I love that you just put whatever you're thinking right out there.

I'd probably more so chosen to attempt and argue a point I'm not sure of to gain new information. ;)

I do see a lot of Fe in Pat Benetar I think...could she be an FJ? I don't know. I don't want to insist, because I'm not sure, but I don't think she's ISTP.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lot of Fe could easily be tertiary, mind you -- it'd fit if she was ESTP.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah, I'm not sure on her either.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes I think that I should create a thread about that mistake, but you don't "have more" your tertiary function than you inferior. There's a sort of truism to the effect that an NTP who diplays a lot of Si is INTP, that an NFJ who displays a lot of Ti is INFJ, that an STP who displays a lot of Fe is an ESTP etc. It's wrong. There's also an idea to the effect that ISTJs are more F than ESTJ, that ISTPs are more N than ESTPs, that ESTPs are more F than ISTPs, that INFPs are more S than ENFPs, that ENFPs are more T than INFPs, wrong also. Tertiary function and inferior function are submit to the dominant and auxillary, so, an ISTP can use as much Ni as he want, but he's not less S, an ENFP can use as much Si as he want, he's not les N. Introverts use more introvert function and have them as dominant and tertiary and the extrovert functions as auxillary and inferior just because...thay are introvert. And for extrovert it's the contrary, just because they are extrovert. So, we say, for example, that an ESTP use Te and Fe in extrovert behavior and Ti and Ni in introvert behavior, but, of course, they are extrovert and tend to use it less. An ISTP is an introvert and so use Se and Fe less, but use it in extrovert behavior, and so can totally display it in an interview for example.

MBTI is above all about dichotomy, by seeing global behaviors of peoples. And I think we can say that globally Pat Benatar is not a social butterfly but rather quiet and reserved.