• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Guilty Pleasures

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thought it might be fun to start a guilty pleasures thread. So I goes first...

This one's kind of embarrassing like it's a cheesy show. I enjoy watching on DVD, and it's an older one. Never watched it when it first came out, didn't even know it existed.

Anyway it's called Smallville, and I consider it the ISTP bonanza from hell. :D

You got Clark Kent who's always late for class, and likes to slack between burst of activity. Dude rides motorcycles, works with tools, and keeps giving all the chicks mixed signals. Then in season two he disturbs the regular "friend" chicks by falling for one he just met almost instantly. He's very emotionally reserved and never cries, or freaks out in a crisis.

Aside from that they have fights and blow a lot of shit up almost every show.

:cheese:

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I really enjoy making grocery and to-do lists. I mean, I really really enjoy it (though I rarely follow through with the lists, and I'm lucky if I even look at them again). It's just how I get my micro-need to organize shit out of my system.

I also really enjoy the TV show, True Blood. Vampires + trashy Louisiana town + demon sex + pulpy plot = Perfection.

Oh and every once in a while I get a craving for a pleasant, mind-numbing card game like Egyptian rat screw or Uno.

And my little sister 9 year old half-sister has a Barbie fashion show computer game that I've found to be a bit addictive. You get to make clothes and shit. It's how I fulfill my annual girly quota.

KDude

Pinky Violence films... (Japanese exploitation films from the 70's.. usually "women in prison" stories... or some other transparent attempt to get as many girls in a shower scene as possible. On the flipside, these movies had the most bad ass movie chick ever).

[youtube="m2_3GJsMluM"]Meiko Kaji[/youtube]

I also liked Point Break

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Chocolate, Chips, Juice, and compulsive purchases.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
Hah! The list of shame.
The stuff I put is stuff I would love honestly if I lived in my own bubble, but human contact made me realise they are very uncool and unbefitting of a 21 year old male with fine arts career aspiration.

HIM
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxg3v50SeE"]HIM - The Sacrament[/YOUTUBE]

crinkle cut vinegar chips
ssvc.gif

burning organic things (hair, orange rind, leaves...) although I would never start a bush fire or anything like that, I am more interested in seeing how organic matter appears when its burning, especially stuff that contains a significant amount of water. I am interested on small scale reactions. Not large scale. And I do have a sense of ethics about my pyromanic tendencies.

Phenix

MBTI Type
INFP
Listening to the clothes washer and dryer running.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
Haha, come on, that's not a guilty pleasure. That's just nice and innocent.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Antiques. I like old-timey stuff, when I get a house of my own it is going to have faux-wood paneling halfway up the walls, tasteful victorian wallpaper, and cool carved victorian-style furniture. My father taught me a bit about woodworking and restoration, I'd love to have my own little wood-shop for fixing up furniture.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
eating icing out of the can :drool:

blatantly Pink themed movies like Clueless and Legally Blonde

Kitchen Nightmares

very large cans of Redbull! :holy:

nachos... for dinner! :cheese:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
nothing makes a person feel secure better than curling up with Clueless, pizza and a blanket! :blush:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread's for embarrassing guilty pleasures right, not jsut the normal guilty pleasures?

-chick flicks when done right and I'm in the mood for them...and sometimes even the cheesy ones
-80s pop music
-...some 90s pop music :eek:
-really most of the music I actually like is pretty lame. musicals. 60-70s pop/rock. etc.
-reality shows about screwed up people (addicts, hoarding, bad money-handling, bad child-handling, etc)

probably more. I'm not very classy ;)

P

Phantonym

-reality shows about screwed up people (addicts, hoarding, bad money-handling, bad child-handling, etc)

Oh yeah, I like those too. :blush:

My guilty pleasures:

- Reading tabloids and gossip columns.
- Watching really bad soap operas, movies and TV shows.
- Stalking people online. What? I like to be on the know. :dry: I also like to be a hypocrite from time to time.
- Reading people's negative and self-righteous comments online to feel all high and mighty afterwards, swearing doom on all mankind for all eternity.
- Eating foods high on starch, sugar and fat even though I know it makes me sick afterwards.

I usually feel like in need of serious exorcism session after all that. They don't call those "guilty" pleasures just because it sounds good. :doh:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh yeah and i secretly like reading cosmo. but not enough to buy it

...anymore

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not guilty about any of my pleasures.

toast

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Antiques. I like old-timey stuff, when I get a house of my own it is going to have faux-wood paneling halfway up the walls, tasteful victorian wallpaper, and cool carved victorian-style furniture. My father taught me a bit about woodworking and restoration, I'd love to have my own little wood-shop for fixing up furniture.

:holy:...:wubbie:
marry me!

blatantly Pink themed movies like Clueless and Legally Blonde

yeyah!!!!

- Terribly cheesy sci-fi... pretty much all of it. Especially: LEXX, Red Dwarf & (if you can count it) MST3K.
- Steven Seagal movies.
- Cute fuzzy little animals.
- oh god... self help books... though I can never finish them for some reason.