• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you really want to hurt me? (here's your chance!)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
however, feeding dogs peanut butter can bring hours of entertainment! :D

Horses too. Get it on the roof of their mouths (for pill taking purposes) and they spend the next 30 minutes awkwardly attempting to lick it off.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
:huh: ENTPs or ESTPs?

I once had an ex who claimed that if he could find a jar of honey and some feathers I'd be entertained for hours :blush:
:rules: Details!!

ESTPs obviously.

:doh:

And with a jar of honey and feathers I doubt you'd remember anything about anything other than the honey and feathers.

The question is how long would it take you to create a superheroic identity based on these strange and powerful abilities and go and save someone?
:D

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
feeding dogs peanut butter? What does that do?

Hypomanic

MBTI Type
INTJ
I got nothing against ESTPs. You see, an ESTP just recently tried to con me into getting me to do stuff for him, I don't mind because I stare at him straight in the eye and say "So you're gonna get me lunch and beer after I help you with this" and he smiles at me and he says "Of course!" I see through their tricks and ENTPs as well. Except with ENTPs they're much more deceitful horrible weirdos.

Well, maybe it's because you're making the wrong friends?
I know ESTP's and ENTP's with very strong morals.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I've concluded from reading through all of the SP threads that you guys don't seem to be big fans of ESTPs and tend to associate a lot of bad traits with them. Why? :cry:

I realize that my recent type change has left me seriously outnumbered on this site and I'd like to know why you guys hate ESTPs more than any type except for probably ESTJs! Please- why am I considered the epitome of all that's wrong with SPs? I'd love to know, so criticize away- you can't hurt my feelings! :D
Just noticing your post numbers. You sure seem to post a whole hell of a lot for an extraverted anything, especially ESP. Have you gone through a recent crises?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
coming out of a crisis and stuck to my computer writing papers! :cry:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Just scanning some of your post, I would say that you are hitting rock bottom in claiming ESTP. I am unsure what you originally claimed to prefer, but I would keep searching. Specifically, I scanned your thread on having to write papers was keeping you restricted. ESPs would never allow this to occur. Especially, ESTPs would do the work in order to regain their freedom or just not do the work. They are not going to sit at the computer unless they’re in a body cast. Even then, it’s doubtful they would spend too much time on such a forum. When stressed ISFPs will:
One sign is when ISFPs complain about being unappreciated, or when they become very self-critical, and even more so when they become critical of others. They might act as if they need to solve the world's problems. They can focus only on the negative, seeing the bleakest outcome in any possible solution. Many ISFPs isolate themselves from others, even family and friends. Confusion can surround them, so they lose their easy-going ways.

ISFPs can feel this stress when they are given inadequate time to discuss important issues before making a decision. Other events that trigger stress include being told they cannot do something, or feeling like they are boxed in, whether by colleagues or by a situation. If others disrespect the ISFP's values, he or she can feel stress. ISFPs can struggle with balancing personal freedom with being connected with others. If the balance shifts too far in either direction, stress can result.
But again with your enormous number of post, I would say that you may want to consider INFP:
Some signs include losing confidence in their self-worth or contributions to the group, having unrealistic expectations from situations or people, and seeming to be moody and hypersensitive. Some INFPs seem to carry the weight of the world on their shoulders, or become discouraged or lose heart. Others appear to take on the role of martyr, acting as if no one loves or cares for them. INFPs have reported feeling cut off from all that is important to them when they are feeling stressed.

Some things that can cause stress for INFPs are feeling like someone they care about has been victimized, feeling as if they must compromise their dearly held values to maintain harmony or peace, or if some cause they believe in has been criticized. Another stressor might be the feeling they are being pushed around, then they decide they have had enough. INFPs can react strongly to others who likewise have strong emotional reactions to situations or comments.
INFJ:
One common way to tell that INFJs are feeling stressed is when they limit their options to just one. They might insist there is only one solution to a problem. Others become extremely critical or angry, often blaming people for their troubles. Some INFJs accuse other people of failing to help, while some will make even the simplest task unnecessarily complex. There can be paradoxical behavior: some INFJs might extravert a great deal, saying harsh things with little regard for the feelings of others. In contrast, some INFJs can become rather introspective and shut themselves off from the world or outside help. Still other INFJs set unrealistic goals for themselves, which just makes matters worse. Finally, some INFJs might eat or drink too much.

What are possible stressors for INFJs? Well, being forced to learn or retain vast amounts of detailed information can often have that affect. Being around too many people, particularly those whom the INFJ considers shallow can be stressful. If the INFJ feels like he or she is under great critical scrutiny, they can feel overwhelmed. Finally, if people are underappreciated or emotional charged conflict is not resolved, INFJs can feel stressed.

In contrast, when ESTPs are under stress, then can lose their sense of humor and become quite sarcastic. Others become disorganized, forget things, and lose their drive and ambition. Some ESTPs isolate themselves from others, feeling as if no one cares about them. They can appear to think only about themselves, or become passive-aggressive, or extremely competitive. Some ESTPs can try to use their intuition and figure out what’s going on, but they often draw the wrong conclusions when stressed. Still others try to overcome stressful feelings by staying in constant motion or action, without considering what it is they are doing.

Things that can cause stress to erupt for ESTPs include having their trustworthiness or abilities challenged. Feeling penned in, with no possibility to act independently or make changes can be stressful for many ESTPs. If people accuse them of not putting in enough effort on a project, some ESTPs can feel misunderstood and resentful. Likewise, when others accuse them of lacking commitment or wanting to play instead of taking care of their responsibilities, ESTPs can feel stressed.
or INTP:
Some things to watch for include being overly sensitive, becoming disorganized and unproductive, or focusing on minor logical inconsistencies to the point of excluding all else. Other INTPs can become caustic with their comments, with snide remarks or sarcasm. Some will display passive-aggressive behavior or have emotional outbursts. Finally, some INTPs will procrastinate, withdraw from others, and resent others who make demands upon them.

Stressors for INTPs include people they consider incompetent, particularly if they cause delays or trouble for the INTP. Other stress factors include irrational acts by others, or when people become emotional in response to an INTP's calm, rational evaluation of a situation or problem. If an INTP feels out of control in a situation, particularly when others are giving orders or instructions, and the INTP has little or no input into how the situation will be resolved, they can feel stress. Many INTPs feel time spent discussing personal issues or emotions is wasted time.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm actually quite certain that I AM an estp! :) I've known me for years and that's the set of functions that really does fit best (and has most consistantly fit best!). You'd have to understand my whole life situation to understand best why I react to some posts the way that I do- or why I'm here so much. I was stressed out actually because it was a theory paper and I really couldn't grasp what I was supposed to talk about- I decided to stick it to the man instead of finishing the paper in the end because I was mad at him for ruining my semester! I quit the class at the last minute and have been so much happier for doing so! I was here because I couldn't reduce stress in my normal ways since the weather has been rather nasty around here recently and I'm still trying to rest my elbow a bit after hyperextending it a while back and all of my friends are a bunch of NTs who were fully immersed in studying for finals!

sorry if I've caused any confusion and thanks for the information! :D

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm actually quite certain that I AM an estp! :) I've known me for years and that's the set of functions that really does fit best (and has most consistantly fit best!). You'd have to understand my whole life situation to understand best why I react to some posts the way that I do- or why I'm here so much. I was stressed out actually because it was a theory paper and I really couldn't grasp what I was supposed to talk about- I decided to stick it to the man instead of finishing the paper in the end because I was mad at him for ruining my semester! I quit the class at the last minute and have been so much happier for doing so! I was here because I couldn't reduce stress in my normal ways since the weather has been rather nasty around here recently and I'm still trying to rest my elbow a bit after hyperextending it a while back and all of my friends are a bunch of NTs who were fully immersed in studying for finals!

sorry if I've caused any confusion and thanks for the information! :D

Well, if it helps, I dropped an internet Psychology class this semester because they expected me to use an outdated, insecure ActiveX control with Internet Explorer, and I didn't want to do that. I quit it after the first week of not doing anything in it, expecting I would come around to getting it installed... but I couldn't bring myself to do it because I didn't want to tolerate the security risks to which I would be exposing my computers, and didn't want to endorse their choice to implement it that way by participating.

I hope that you can stay around after everything is better... and maybe keep us informed about what people are doing out there in that crazy place you call "reality"?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll try :) I'll be pretty busy, but I should at least keep my blog up!

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
yep- I'm an ESTP- I'm just in touch with my feeling side! :D (my sis is an ESFP and there's a BIG difference between us in behavior- I'm not very emotive in real life- she'll cry at the drop of a hat!)
Cognitive, not emotions. MBTI has no bearing on emotions, we all have them we all use them. I equate ESTP and ENTJ to E3 of the enneagram, who most out of touch with their feelings and usually have no problem repressing them in the name of completing projects.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm fairly certain about me! ;) I'm a fairly strong T- I just appear nicer online because I'm rather image conscious! :D The one I was weakest on was actually P! :laugh: If you met me in person I doubt that you'd have any doubts :)

I was an enneagram 7w8 (occasionally testing 8w7) if that's any help to you! :D (also scored quite high on 3)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm fairly certain about me! ;) I'm a fairly strong T- I just appear nicer online because I'm rather image conscious! :D The one I was weakest on was actually P! :laugh: If you met me in person I doubt that you'd have any doubts :)

I was an enneagram 7w8 (occasionally testing 8w7) if that's any help to you! :D (also scored quite high on 3)
Do you wanna say you are a closet ESTJ?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: not nearly that calm or organized! I only wish I could be that precise! :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:hug: thank you! yeah- not an ESTJ, but my P is the weakest of my letters! :laugh: it's merely moderate! ;)

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Why do you believe that you are ESTP? You are the anathema of the type.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My God I feel like PT with all of the "are you sure that you're not an INTP" stuff!!! Yes- I'm sure- if you knew me you would be sure as well- I am very much an ESTP in person! There are some posts of me on here as a severely depressed ESTP- most of my early posts up until rather recently fall into that category- which may confuse you a bit- but I am indeed an ESTP! :D

why do you doubt me?

Last edited:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My God I feel like PT with all of the "are you sure that you're not an INTP" stuff!!! Yes- I'm sure- if you knew me you would be sure as well- I am very much an ESTP in person! There are some posts of me on here as a severely depressed ESTP- most of my early posts up until rather recently fall into that category- which may confuse you a bit- but I am indeed an ESTP! :D

why do you doubt me?

I don't doubt you. You seem very ESTP and ESTP's are cool. :smile: