• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTP v ENFJ shadow function

lilikoi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6?
I've been wondering lately -

If you're an ISTP living as your shadow ENFJ, how would you know that you're really an ISTP stuck in a rut? Wouldn't you just think you're an ENFJ?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only time I can see shadow functions emerge is in times of extreme stress and even then it probably wouldn't be an existence. Rather an outburst or two? I don't really know.

stevemenlo

MBTI Type
ISTP
That is not how shadow profile works.
ISTP shadow profile is ESTJ. ENFJ shadow profile is INFP. ISTP and ENFJ have nothing in common but Conflicting socionics.
The 16 Type Patterns Scroll down

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
The shadow functions are the four functions not in your MBTI stack. I don't know typical ordering, but if you're an ISTP then your shadow functions could be represented by ISTJ (Si Te Fi Ne), ESTJ (Te Si Ne Fi), INFP (Fi Ne Si Te), or ENFP (Ne Fi Te Si).

ENFJ actually uses the same four functions as ISTP in exactly the opposite order (Ti Se Ni Fe vs Fe Ni Se Ti).

I've heard of shadow functions just popping up every once in a while, but never all four at once.

Not 100% sure how it relates to Socionics since they're competing theories.