• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP's and Walls of Texts

KDude

Btw y'all, the above "wall o' text" example is an exaggeration. Not to pick on INTP's, but I think they are more realistic TypoC examples of serving up a wall of text --- except, I can tell what they say is meaningful -- it's just too extensive for a conversation, for my tastes. It's like reading Kant's a Critique of Pure Reason at times --- which, btw, I've never read either. Got the cliffnotes though ;)

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Wait, you mean that wall wasn't copypasta? You actually typed that up?

For me personally, it doesn't matter how long the text is, as long as it is dense enough to keep my interest. I move on as soon as I get the information.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Btw y'all, the above "wall o' text" example is an exaggeration. Not to pick on INTP's, but I think they are more realistic TypoC examples of serving up a wall of text --- except, I can tell what they say is meaningful -- it's just too extensive for a conversation, for my tastes. It's like reading Kant's a Critique of Pure Reason at times --- which, btw, I've never read either. Got the cliffnotes though ;)

That's because they have a wall of text for every sentence in their original wall of text.

KDude

Wait, you mean that wall wasn't copypasta? You actually typed that up?

For me personally, it doesn't matter how long the text is, as long as it is dense enough to keep my interest. I move on as soon as I get the information.

Hah no way.. It was from Uncyclopedia.

Rictor33

MBTI Type
ESTP
I am an SP and I always write walls of text.. Usually on sports websites, blogs.. I always have so many ideas and try to tie them all together.. I do realize that few people have the attention span to read my entire 'wall of text' so I get less responses than the idiot one-liners get.. Kind of insulting.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I agree with Hall74. Long posts are OK as long as they don't look like endless words that go on forever. If it's nothing but a massive number of words, I'll rub my eyes and read something else. My eyesight isn't the best and looking at those walls of text actually makes me go cross eyed!!!
White space is very essential.
Organized helps, too. I am not naturally organized so I appreciate reading something that is very understandable and doesn't force my mind into an excessive amount of work (making order out of someone else's chaos). I have enough to deal with in handling my own internal and external chaos; I really don't need to try to understand someone else's.

Last edited:

lilikoi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6?
I never read walls of text. If a paragraph is more than ten lines long, I start feeling an urge to ignore it. I can read long documents, but they have to be broken into sections and paragraphs and it has to be interesting and logically ordered as someone already said. I hate when people are verbose and flowery with their words and when people skip around making tangential points. By the same token, when I write, I always use paragraphs and I always order my points in a logical order.

eldarwen

My bf is ESFP and he is prone to walls of text AKA verbal diarrea. When I'm in a good/neutral mood, it's amusing, but when I'm annoyed, it's highly irritating.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I auto-skip anything longer than:

or so, regardless of content (much less if it's a boring topic already, or someone like Victor/SW). If it's an interesting topic, I'll read (well skim) many paragraphs in one post as long as they aren't longer than 4-5 lines each. The enter key is your friend!!!

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Nope, I don't ignore walls of texts, because I tend to do the same myself too.

Writing walls of texts is actually my second nature. I have this tendency to write paragraphs after paragraphs in emails and text messages.

Zay

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it's interesting and/or important to me I will read it, otherwise I will skim it or just skip it completely.

Sil

This is a test.
Most people wouldn't read a wall of text like that.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personally, I can fairly easily digest a wall of text. I read a lot. It doesn't bother me. My ISFp wife, however, can get paralyzed by a wall of text ... lengthy instructions and the like. She has trouble applying for jobs because, these days, almost all applications are handled online and involve a lengthy list of "things to do" to complete and file an application. For years, I have had to do this for her. She either can't (or just won't) meticulously digest each and every requirement of the application and complete them all. She'll fill out some or most of the application form and hit "submit" (thinking she's done), when, in fact, she left out several key things demanded by the employer, and her applications is just filed away as "incomplete" with no action taken on it. Walls of text bother her a lot. They can even be debilitating.

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I CAN read walls of text, but I shudder at the mere sight of them (I'm even known to GENERATE them every now and then, whenever I'm interested enough in something that I actually WANT to invest more analytical thought as opposed to just jumping to the first calculated conclusion with the available information.)

Depends on the size of the wall, though. I usually skim through to see if the bricks themselves have integrity or anything of interest before I attempt actually diving in.

Silent

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Walls of text practically blind me. I don't know how to start reading something that long. If it's not a book or something for fun then, it's just totally daunting. I mean it's like trying to read Russian when you don't even speak Russian. I have a learning disability that explains a bit of why reading is already a chore for me, but huge walls of texts floor me.:cry:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION] I don't think you should compare and contrast you and your wife where you're positive and [MENTION=26289]Silent[/MENTION] is struggling or at least balance it out. :)

Silent

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I do struggle, but I have to learn to deal with the problem.