• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Your Favorite "Flaw"

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mine is similar to YourLocalJesus, in a way. I have posted about it before. I am usually a pretty friendly, easy-going kind of girl, but every once in a while...hold on to your britches!!!

It started in high school...I developed a propencity to go off on mean people - the kind of people who are intimidating and agressive becuase they have always gotten away with it. I become illogically fearless and turn bullies into quivering masses crying for their mothers. I feel like it should bother me, but it doesn't. My friends think it is hilarious becuase I am usually so "nice". I like to think it makes me interesting kind of like if batman was a chick...but that's probably not the case :)

When I think of it, that's kinda where the process started for me, too.
Beating the living crap out of bullies :D Maybe your triumphs were verbal?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have an addictive personality
It allows me to keep the good things and nothing else.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
When I think of it, that's kinda where the process started for me, too.
Beating the living crap out of bullies :D Maybe your triumphs were verbal?

Yes, verbal...although I did grab a guy by the collar and rip the buttons off his shirt when he tried to start a bar fight with my ex-boyfriend. Dumb, dumb, but it seemed totally appropriate at the time :doh:

Sounds like you've fed people a couple knuckle sandwiches :yes:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uh.... This?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blfrHQuFe_Q&feature=PlayList&p=F02C7EC9CFF45B9C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=13"]"Too Sexy"[/YOUTUBE]

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I alternate between indecisive and impulsive. Sometimes, it takes me forever to decide. Other times, I just decide without thinking, on an impulse, and am usually happy that I let the impulse of the moment take over. One of my more impulsive decisions was to join a group and walk 500 miles from Chicago to Saint Paul, Minnesota, in the summer of 2008. I thought that the walk was going to be 400 miles! If I had known that it was going to be 500 miles, I might have gone to the indecisive mode. But I'm glad that I went!!
Most people I know find it hard to believe that I can be so impulsive about taking that sort of walk and yet absolutely indecisive when it comes to ordering food in a restaurant!

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can flip between cold-hearted apathy to ferocious passion as though someone had flipped a switch. It's a difficult thing for people to adapt to because they never know when it's going to happen.

I couldn't give two shits about a particular person and genuinely not like them very much, but if something bad happens to them that as a result to some sort of unjustice that I feel strongly about, I will go into full-on activist from hell mode and become their best friend since fucking ever for as long as it takes until things are made right again.

Then, well, I go back to not giving two shits about them again.

"Activist mode" rage gives me an incredible drive and determination to get something done, but it's short-lived and leaves people confused when I flip back over into my "normal don't-give-a-shit" mode.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, my. Uh.. I'll just name the first few off the top of my head

- I can be ferociously protective of certain individuals. It sounds like a good thing, but often times it does more damage than good. You would think as an ISTP I would know that people who -can- take care of themselves, -should- take care of themselves. :doh:

- I'm really bad about sharing my food. (Insert snarling dog guarding its food bowl smilie here)

- I frequently mis-pronounce words. The current local favorite is how I pronounce "blatant." I say "Bla-tahnt." Shut-up! It's the French pronunciation! :puppy_dog_eyes: (My ENFP sister assures me it's because I read a lot when I was little, and would form the pronunciation in my head before I ever heard it. Not sure if that's bullshit or not, but I'll go with it.)

- But my all time most frustrating flaw is my occasional social awkwardness. :rolli:

KDude

speaking of food, i'm kind of wasteful. :\

if i'm at a fast food restaurant or something, i always say "number 1" or "2".. whatever meal corresponds with the number. that means fries and a drink usually come with it, but i always toss the fries. i keep telling myself to stop, but haven't yet.

maybe i'm just impatient with fast food people.. or maybe it's my fault. haven't figured that out yet. if i say "beef n cheddar with a medium pepsi", they either 1) ask me for the freakin combo anyways (which comes with fries)... in which case, i have to exert more energy and say "No" :laugh: or 2) ask me to repeat it because "beef n cheddar with a pepsi" apparently is, like, rocket science.

so.... i say "number 1 with a pepsi" and the deal seems to go through smoothly. i get fries with them -- and then i waste them.

ok, this goes beyond the scope of this thread. *needs a blog* :blush:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:thinking: it's a toss up between which I fantasize about more... food or sex :blush:

I take glee in smiting the wicked and deserving of smiting (ie. people who insult my friends or are being dumbasses and have it coming) :devil:

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Oh, my. Uh.. I'll just name the first few off the top of my head

- I can be ferociously protective of certain individuals. It sounds like a good thing, but often times it does more damage than good. You would think as an ISTP I would know that people who -can- take care of themselves, -should- take care of themselves. :doh:

- I'm really bad about sharing my food. (Insert snarling dog guarding its food bowl smilie here)

- I frequently mis-pronounce words. The current local favorite is how I pronounce "blatant." I say "Bla-tahnt." Shut-up! It's the French pronunciation! :puppy_dog_eyes: (My ENFP sister assures me it's because I read a lot when I was little, and would form the pronunciation in my head before I ever heard it. Not sure if that's bullshit or not, but I'll go with it.)

- But my all time most frustrating flaw is my occasional social awkwardness. :rolli:

:laugh: I thought only I did that!

My husband and I where on a trip which required us to take a ferry across a large body of water. It was a beautiful day and we were on the top deck enjoying the sunshine when the ferry started to get ready to set sail. It was very noisy as I watched the big winches pull in the ropes from the dock. Fascinated, not realizing that I mispronounced winches, "Look at the wenches," I yelled to my husband, "they're hugh!"
He brust into fits of laughter (as well as some other passengers) and pointed to the deck below us. Two overwieght women were also enjoying the day. :blush:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

:laugh: I'm just as guilty. Living with three siblings and parents, it's a war when it comes to getting food. So when people try to take my food or ask to share, I'm a beast. :blush:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
^ that is funny that the 2 of you guard your food like that!
i am the opposite, i am always offering my food to everyone: "no really, you've got to try this!" haha.

i grab other people's food too - that guy who is always grabbing onion rings and peppers off your plate without warning, that is me. yeah!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ that is funny that the 2 of you guard your food like that!
i am the opposite, i am always offering my food to everyone: "no really, you've got to try this!" haha.

i grab other people's food too - that guy who is always grabbing onion rings and peppers off your plate without warning, that is me. yeah!

People make fun of me because I practically hug my plate/bowl while I eat. Its like creating a wall around it. Doesnt help that I sometimes hold my fork/spoon like a shovel either.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm with Kingfisher here :D

I make other people try my food... as long as it can be done in a manner in which they don't drool on it :blush:

And I'm not opposed to eating the food off of other people's plates either :devil:

I love the small plates concept so that a friend and I can order several different dishes and share them... we did that most recently at a vietnamese restraunt :drool:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm with Kingfisher here :D

I make other people try my food... as long as it can be done in a manner in which they don't drool on it :blush:

And I'm not opposed to eating the food off of other people's plates either :devil:

I love the small plates concept so that a friend and I can order several different dishes and share them... we did that most recently at a vietnamese restraunt :drool:

I will gladly finish off anyones plate;) and sometimes will watch you as you eat hoping you get full :D

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hmm I tend to share with people the stupid shit that I do/think about and always ask whatever retarded questions pop up in my head that generally have people laughing at me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My idealism and air of innocence combined with my ever embarassing clumsiness often works against me...especially since I'm blonde. It also makes it hard to function in this world at times. I turned it into a weapon though, since I am unable to carve out that piece of myself.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I like being a borderline schizoid. It's part of my charm. Although nobody in my life likes it at all.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: I'm just as guilty. Living with three siblings and parents, it's a war when it comes to getting food. So when people try to take my food or ask to share, I'm a beast. :blush:

Yeah, definitely the big family thing for me as well. My sister would use to make brownies, and they'd almost be gone before the tin even hit the counter. We'd have a lot of burned mouths, but apparently that never deterred anyone.

Yeah, I still grab other people's food :D My mother said that before I could even walk, I was snatching food off people's plates and putting it in my mouth so they wouldn't try to take it back.