• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Your Favorite "Flaw"

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Curious as to what people here view as an exceptional "shortcoming" of theirs. We all should know the little twists and quirks in us just make us all unique and special. So spill

I have voluntary diplopia. In short, when I don't have my glasses, I split the view I get from my eyes to help me see better. Neat, huh? I didn't think so... Next

StrappingYoungLad

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
I can do that voluntary diplopia thing too ! I do it to relax my eyes when I read too much.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I capture innocent little INFJs and put them in my dungeon... :devil:

No... :D Hopefully not.

I don't really like any of my shortcomings, which is why I work on them.
The only one I can think of is debatable.
Some people don't value being angry.
I used to have such a long fuse that it frustrated me to no end.
Now, i've got a much easier time igniting. Not that I go off at anything.
I kinda value that.

I can totally see why others would find it to be a weakness, though.
But it's kind of necessary to be angry every now and then.
My teachers up until seventh grade called me "pokerface" :D
Kinda continued with the stoic act until I was 18 or so.
Felt kinda pointless, as reaction yields better results generally.
In a very few settings is it better to be stoic. Mostly, it will cause more trouble.

Now I kinda take pride in having a temper and taking sides in arguments.
Also, actively showing my emotions to those close to me helps them realize i'm not some machine or psycho.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have given in to my ADHD and OCD, and since working WITH them instead of AGAINST them, I am now a very creative and organized person. These things held me back when I was younger, and I didn't even know what they were. :laugh:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:emot-emo: n' there I was thinkin' just the normal life cycle of an ESTP.

:)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That I can simply turn off the fact that I care about something.

KDude

I don't know.. I'm pretty lazy, I guess. But I don't seem to be as stressed out, overworked, or aged as my peers.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have voluntary diplopia. In short, when I don't have my glasses, I split the view I get from my eyes to help me see better. Neat, huh? I didn't think so... Next
I did that when I was a kid, too. Didn't realize there was a name for it, thought it was just crossing your eyes.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:emot-emo: n' there I was thinkin' just the normal life cycle of an ESTP.

:)

Haa Ha! :laugh: I'm not capable of emo'ing out. I love myself too much to cut myself. Besides, cutting others seems like a lot more fun, like maybe a schnauzer in a blue sweater. :newwink:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wear my heart on my sleeve. I know too many people who think it's idiotic and a slight form of weakness, but I value it in myself. I think it allows me to be a bit more real with people and not attempt to hide everything about myself. If it's so weak, then I'd like to know why I have so many people trust me with their deepest hurts, shames and desires. I value that in myself where others may not find it valuable.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no flaws! just detrimental talents! :cheese:

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Mine is similar to YourLocalJesus, in a way. I have posted about it before. I am usually a pretty friendly, easy-going kind of girl, but every once in a while...hold on to your britches!!!

It started in high school...I developed a propencity to go off on mean people - the kind of people who are intimidating and agressive becuase they have always gotten away with it. I become illogically fearless and turn bullies into quivering masses crying for their mothers. I feel like it should bother me, but it doesn't. My friends think it is hilarious becuase I am usually so "nice". I like to think it makes me interesting kind of like if batman was a chick...but that's probably not the case :)

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I wear my heart on my sleeve. I know too many people who think it's idiotic and a slight form of weakness, but I value it in myself. I think it allows me to be a bit more real with people and not attempt to hide everything about myself. If it's so weak, then I'd like to know why I have so many people trust me with their deepest hurts, shames and desires. I value that in myself where others may not find it valuable.

I don't think that is weakness at all. I think it takes a lot a bravery to be vulnerable. I'm working on it...maybe when I "grow up" I can be more like you :)

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Funny thing about flaws...they are what binds us tightest to those who love us and whom we love. If you think about it, what we often treasure most about a close friend/lover is some quirky oddity that others would find problematic. Perfection is supremely boring and in some ways... unlovable. Be yourself and let others have teh pleasure of loving your "flaws."

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Funny thing about flaws...they are what binds us tightest to those who love us and whom we love. If you think about it, what we often treasure most about a close friend/lover is some quirky oddity that others would find problematic. Perfection is supremely boring and in some ways... unlovable. Be yourself and let others have teh pleasure of loving your "flaws."

So are you highly loveable and royally screwed up or unlovable and perfect? Do you push to be unlovable or to be flawed? It would be fun to push to see how screwed up I could become, then I could get me some good lovin' :)

Its fun to mess with peoples logic :D

edit: oh crap, this is actually a flaw of mine, you must love me :D

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8

yes, i think you are completely right! you said it perfectly.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yes, i think you are completely right! you said it perfectly.

:yes:, but let those close others guide which flaws you should work on. Its great to think about someone you care about and how they screwed up or a way they acted and smiling/laughing and thinking :hug:. It is nice when others do that to you and you can turn to them and say "are you laughin at me:D"

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
:yes:, but let those close others guide which flaws you should work on.

yes, definitely. your loved ones can usually see and understand your flaws much more clearly than you can anyway.