• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Do all SP's comment on people's weight?

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just say "No!" to the refrigerator!

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dang, I'm in a want to go off on a silly tanget mood this morning.

n' there's no one available to play.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Ns should be grateful, or else they would stay fat forever.

Ironically, most of the SPs I know are fat. :D I pull an NP and walk to the shops to get something to eat, realise I'm not that hungry, then walk all the way back. That, or I forget to bring my wallet with me. Nness keeps me slim.

R

Riva

My mother who is an ESTJ is prone to this? She has the ability to keep mental snapshots of what people look like, so if she hasn't seen them for a length of time, she can notice if they've gained or lost any weight. If I gain any, she'll be the first to say, "Well your jeans are looking a little tight. Someone needs to take the dog out for longer walks!" My brother's long-term girlfriend has gained quite a few pounds, and my mum drops hints like, "Maybe you should join a gym?"

I would have thought that while STP types have good observational skills, their Fe would keep them from saying anything, out of politeness. STJ and SFP types have Fi; "sometimes things just have to be said." So, maybe ESFP types are the most prone, out of the SPs?

SJs are the kings of snapshot memory. An ISTJ friend of mine can remember the way people walk, talk, eat etc. Then he compares them to others and has the ability to quickly make comparisons of their physical traits to that of their behaviors, which are quite shockingly accurate.

Sherlock Holmes couldn't do it any better. But I guess he is an expert.

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
No way. I do take notice of physical appearance. But I never comment negatively on it. That would be just rude. But if I notice someone has lost weight or is in better shape, I might complement them (subtly) if the topic comes up.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd like to put it out there that you should not necessarily comment on it when somebody is looking thinner, either. Unless your formerly obese friend has lost 100 pounds, just keep your mouth shut regarding weight.

KDude

I would happily comment on that. Especially if it's a friend. I comment on appearances a lot actually (mostly for better, not for worse). Weight is just one aspect.

I would have thought that while STP types have good observational skills, their Fe would keep them from saying anything, out of politeness. STJ and SFP types have Fi; "sometimes things just have to be said." So, maybe ESFP types are the most prone, out of the SPs?

Very interesting. I should read up on Fe/Fi

On a sidenote, I'm getting tired of questioning my type! :D

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not stupid, I'm not even going to pull that card out. :laugh:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
an ISTP told me I was really small (as in skinny, not as in that other thing you're thinking about) in an astounding way, so I told her she had a big forehead. But both were jests, just clearly observable ones.

and maybe...they were both compliments!

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Here's another question:

Do any of you SP's look at people's bodies when you pass them on the street? I've been walking past a bunch of SP's who've been looking me up and down when I pass them on campus. I wonder if this is a common thing or meant to be taken as a sign.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's another question:

Do any of you SP's look at people's bodies when you pass them on the street? I've been walking past a bunch of SP's who've been looking me up and down when I pass them on campus. I wonder if this is a common thing or meant to be taken as a sign.

How do you know that the group of people you are walking past is a bunch of SPs?

That is somewhat presumptive, and statistically unlikely. There's bound to be a guardian in the bunch, and maybe even an Idyllic or a Rational. They go outside and walk around and look at people, and their surroundings too sometimes you know. :thelook:

wolfy

awsm
Here's another question:

They are looking at you because you are looking at them to see if they are looking at you.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's another question:

Do any of you SP's look at people's bodies when you pass them on the street?

Yes. Yes I do. I also look at signs, vehicles, the pavement, pigeons, fire hydrants...I'm pretty much constantly scanning my surroundings unless I'm actively talking to somebody, then I might be a bit distracted from all that.

How do you know that the group of people you are walking past is a bunch of SPs?

Well, duh. They were obviously wearing their "SPs FRIGGIN RULE" t-shirts!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They are looking at you. They look at you and then they talk about you. I know this. I hear their voices in my tinfoil hat.