• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are you sick of beng an S on an N forum?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I like being in a N forum. I get to take cheery pick ideas from N (esp INTP!) and use them as mental models of how things work or solve problems in real life!

The invoice is in the mail. :cool:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Earlier today I wrote "Intuition" on a piece of paper, and then took it outside my into the backyard, tacked it to my fence, and then pissed all over it.

Tomorrow I will light it on fire.

Just sayin.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Earlier today I wrote "Intuition" on a piece of paper, and then took it outside my into the backyard, tacked it to my fence, and then pissed all over it.

Just sayin.

Out of those ashes though, a giant willow tree will grow, and it will talk and offer you sage wisdom.

Just sayin.

D

Dali

I've made this exact face before when some threads turn into pissing contests where the objective seems to be merely to couch a non-sequitur in the most convoluted terms possible. :D

441srsly-u-guys.jpg

p.s. My N is pretty developed (MBTI-savvy pals all type me as INFP) so its not due to my not being able to 'follow' what's being said.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like it most of the time.

I don't like it when they make big-ass generalizations. Specifically, about my type. Don't get me wrong - I've seen some S people do that on this forum too. But it's mostly Ns.

Also, philosophical discussions. And turning everything into something with much broader meaning, that makes me want to do that exact kitty face from the previous post (nice one, Lohengrin :D).

But yeah. There are plenty of Ns who have their feet firmly on the ground, and who are open-minded, and there are plenty of Ss who are the complete opposite. So... I dunno.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
BE MOAR S.

Stop following N nonsense!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Out of those ashes though, a giant willow tree will grow, and it will talk and offer you sage wisdom.

Just sayin.

Hahahaaaaa!!!! :rofl1:
Damn willow trees!!!!

I'm actually cool with my "N", but Se is the gorilla, and "Ne/Ni" are his little chimpanzee helpers. They're all good. I was just in a grumpy mood last night and had to type that, it was cathartic. :happy:

Just sayin. :newwink:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am sick of the politically correct culture here of not being able to harsh on one particular type.

What people seem to forget is there is nothing is inherently wrong with prejudice in general as long as it is not against historically oppressed category of people (race, sex, national origin etc..). Manners are OK. But it has gone beyond that... there seems like a "chilling effect" or other attack dogs that hamper my study by essentially not allowing people to say what they really think.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am sick of the politically correct culture here of not being able to harsh on one particular type.

What people seem to forget is there is nothing is inherently wrong with prejudice in general as long as it is not against historically oppressed category of people (race, sex, national origin etc..). Manners are OK. But it has gone beyond that... there seems like a "chilling effect" or other attack dogs that hamper my study by essentially not allowing people to say what they really think.

When is prejudice ever right?

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Won't that be kind of smelly??
:devil:

Just sayin.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
When is prejudice ever right?

We use it every day. We look at someone who seems to be vibing us in a negative manner an we choose not to talk to them. We see one line at the grocery story and arbitrarily choose that over the other.

The fact that the word is used in a negative context like race/sex/other mean spirited contexts doesn't mean that the definition is wrong. In fact analysis on what you don't or do like of different types based on inductive or deductive reasoning is more akin to judging. Simply using the word intuition seems OK, but the negative connotation of prejudice because of its evil/hateful applications is wrong. Essentially prejudice the word prejudice.

People are just given a half assed lesson in civics and civil rights. Often leading to absurdity and arrogance.

In other words if we were to fully judge everything we did without giving it a priority hierarchy instead of applying ethically neutral prejudice than nothing would get done. When speach is chilled the free market of ideas is damaged/encumbered.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

...what? :huh:

*waits for punchline*
EDIT: *waits for punchline*
EDIT EDIT: *waits for punchline*

Oh. The new post snuck in.

We use it every day. We look at someone who seems to be vibing us in a negative manner an we choose not to talk to them. We see one line at the grocery story and arbitrarily choose that over the other.

The fact that the word is used in a negative context like race/sex/other mean spirited contexts doesn't mean that the definition is wrong. In fact analysis on what you don't or do like of different types based on inductive or deductive reasoning is more akin to judging. Simply using the word intuition seems OK, but the negative connotation of prejudice because of its evil/hateful applications is wrong. Essentially prejudice the word prejudice.

People are just given a half assed lesson in civics and civil rights. Often leading to absurdity and arrogance.

...what? :huh:

In other words if we were to fully judge everything we did without giving it a priority hierarchy instead of applying ethically neutral prejudice than nothing would get done. When speach is chilled the free market of ideas is damaged/encumbered.

I think the issue is that, especially in an SP Arthouse thread, you need to drop out of the abstracted explanation/soapbox and start tying stuff to real life.

...I mean, I'm pretty crazy-N, and I'm still not quite sure what you're saying.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

Just sayin.

Sometimes, when I'm taking a dump, I get a gut instinct. Is that Se, or is it just the extra-spicy buffalo wings from the night before? I don't know, but I do know this - you can't separate Se and poop.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think the issue is that, especially in an SP Arthouse thread, you need to drop out of the abstracted explanation/soapbox and start tying stuff to real life.

...I mean, I'm pretty crazy-N, and I'm still not quite sure what you're saying.

Much better critque. I am glad your T grew some balls/boobs. ;)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes, when I'm taking a dump, I get a gut instinct. Is that Se, or is it just the extra-spicy buffalo wings from the night before? I don't know, but I do know this - you can't separate Se and poop.

BWAHHH!!! :laugh:
You know, I sense that your poop intuition is correct, Sir!
:yim_rolling_on_the_

"Oh... my little poop-Se!" :hug: *squeal*

I'm not little. :dry: