• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs and animals

B

brainheart

yeah, that was kind of my first though when you said 'fluff thread', but then I thought about it for a moment. My mind is a gutter, though-

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think mine might be slipping dangerously close to the storm drain :shock:

but where's the joy in life if you DON'T have a dirty mind? :cheese:

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
I love animals and animals love me. Same with little kids. Something about toddlers and animals they just gravitate toward me.

lilikoi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6?
I love animals of all kinds. I love observing them, too. Animals seem to warm up to me quickly. Interestingly, babies always seem to be intrigued by me. Whenever a baby sees me, they stare and stare and stare. I end up making funny faces and then they laugh and laugh. It's so weird. I am not a kid person at all. I feel like it's just me, too, because this always happens in public places like in lines or crowds and for some reason they always pick me to stare at.

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
I love most animals especially dogs, cats (even though I'm allergic to them) and birds - although I've never had a pet of my own yet (I would love to one day).

I've noticed dogs seem really drawn to me - at the local park they will often come from across the other side of the field just to meet me.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I guess I'm the only non-animal person? I don't really pay attention to animals at all. I don't know why but they just aren't my thing.

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
I was walking point (lead man) on a combat patrol in Panama, mainly because I was the guy that wouldn't freak out and run off or shoot when confronted with one of the numerous lethal jungle creatures. I carried a machete in my strong hand for quiet dispatch of these animals if it became absolutely necessary. I came upon a sloth laying dead on the jungle floor. It's baby, about 7" long was still clutching the mother's fur.

We set up a hasty perimeter around it and I put on gloves to remove the baby as it was obviously still in the nursing stage and was sure to die without proper care.

Well, it ended up taking three of us to remove it because every time we got one of it's feet/hands loose, it would make squeaky chirping noises and grab back hold of it's mothers green mosslike hair with one of it's loose feet/hands. We finally got it loose and put it in a canteen pouch where it curled up and went to sleep.

When we got back to the rear, some of the guys commandeered a truck and brought it to the PETA people.

PETA said they didn't want it and to just let it go in the jungle. Sloths are harmless and don't bother anyone, they just spend their life in the trees eating leaves, and obviously, this baby sloth was going to suffer an agonizing starvation death.

I've hated PETA ever since.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was walking point (lead man) on a combat patrol in Panama, mainly because I was the guy that wouldn't freak out and run off or shoot when confronted with one of the numerous lethal jungle creatures. I carried a machete in my strong hand for quiet dispatch of these animals if it became absolutely necessary. I came upon a sloth laying dead on the jungle floor. It's baby, about 7" long was still clutching the mother's fur.

We set up a hasty perimeter around it and I put on gloves to remove the baby as it was obviously still in the nursing stage and was sure to die without proper care.

Well, it ended up taking three of us to remove it because every time we got one of it's feet/hands loose, it would make squeaky chirping noises and grab back hold of it's mothers green mosslike hair with one of it's loose feet/hands. We finally got it loose and put it in a canteen pouch where it curled up and went to sleep.

When we got back to the rear, some of the guys commandeered a truck and brought it to the PETA people.

PETA said they didn't want it and to just let it go in the jungle. Sloths are harmless and don't bother anyone, they just spend their life in the trees eating leaves, and obviously, this baby sloth was going to suffer an agonizing starvation death.

I've hated PETA ever since.

whoa

what did you guys end up doing with the sloth?

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Because animals do not judge.

This.

I love animals as well, particularly dogs. Cats are all right too, it sucks how you can't mess around with them though.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
That is a sad story. If you ever are faced with such a dilemma again, I'd suggest that you take the little animal to a veterinarian. Vets are generally more useful than PETA.:steam:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Peta's an organization that has always struck me as being more concerned with showboating than actually doing something constructive.

The bastards. :steam:

Hah... yeah, not to digress too much, but I share your sentiments. I've always disagreed with how Peta spends their time and the money they received from people that truly want to help animals. It's pretty despicable.

linnifae

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm the passionate animal love between me and my husband. We have two cats and he "likes them just fine" as he phrases it. One of my cats seems to like him just fine as well. The other cat worships the ground he walks on. Dogs seem to adore him too. He likes them well enough, but doesn't want his own dog.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Something today reminded me of this thread. Me and my friend went to this flea market. There was a booth that had puppies in a pen with one energetic beagle whining and a family of five surrounding him and petting him. I was standing by the pen but not touching the dog when the mom from the family looked at me and said, "The dog wants your attention. It keeps going over to your side." I bent down and pet the little guy. Something about seeing puppies in those small pens really bums me out (which is why I wasn't showing the puppy any attention - it's hard to connect and know you have to leave him there).