• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What kind of games do you like?

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My favorite video game is Portal. The only problem is, I absolutely rock at spatial puzzles and Portal was way too easy. Even when I went through the advanced maps, which are supposed to be real mind-benders, it only took a couple of days.

It was so cute, my ISFJ couldn't get past the lower levels and gave up on it, but then I picked it up and I just breezed through everything as though it was nothing and he was like WTF how are you doing that!? Haha.

My favorite board game is Talisman. It's a fantasy game with dwarves and wizards and the like and you have three levels you need to go through: the outer level which is the normal world with fields and taverns adn stuff, the secondary inner level where things get a bit more perilous and the monsters are tougher and harder to fight, and the inner core where you really need to beef your stats up in order to not die right away. The point of the game is to get to the core and seize the throne of power so you can KILL EVERYONE, muah hah hah.

I SUCK at that game. :cheese: This makes it a challenge. :devil: I do get frustrated sometimes though and my sweetums will sometimes throw the game and play badly on purpose just so I can win and do my happy dance. Awwww. :wubbie:

My favorite CARD game is called Gloom. It has a very Addams Family feel to it in that you each have a family, they're all rather twisted and wrong in some way, and the object of the game is to kill you entire family off in weird and bizzare ways. You have cards that you play on them to make them as miserable as possible first, though, and you want your points to be as far into the negative as possible. You can block your opponent by playing positive cards and making their characters happy. A card with a positive number value can't be killed. The game ends after the first person kills their family and the person whose numbers are furthest into the negative wins.

We like to make up little stories about the families and explain how they die each time. "Unfortunately, little Emily with her teddy bear and golden curls was beaten to death in a bar fight because she was cursed by the Queen for killing her dog." Haha.

What games do YOU guys like to play?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I played talisman and enjoyed it. I don't own it though, so I only play it while at my friends. I also play advanced hero quest, settlers of cattan and illuminati. In that last you get to play the part of a secret society trying to take over the world via social and economic manipulation of humourus named groups such as the shock jocks and the church of violentology.I think one of my favoutite moments was when I managed to get the boy sprouts under the control of the girlie mags.

In terms of computer games, I mostly play strategy and role play games, though I did manage to complete Need for Speed most wanted. I used to be addicted to starcraft, and got embaracing good at it. Planescape torment was a classic roleplay game, even if hardly anyone has ever heard of it.

KDude

Board game wise, I guess Trivia games are fun.

Video games.. Anything with a sophisticated story to tell. I used to like adventure games in the 90's (pretty much a dead genre now).. Nowadays, it's a lot of Japanese RPG's. I like air combat too, but that's a fairly dead genre. After that, racing games. That said, I have a PS3 and 360, but those mostly collect dust. The best thing I've played recently was Dragon Age.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anything I can go kamakaze and just run, shoot, and jump to see how far I can make it before I die. I do like RPGs but only if I have the time to really play them. I enjoy stealth games like splinter cell. I have never followed a storyline.

Fingers Superstar

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Board games I would say, Chess, Stratego, Go, Monopoly, Uno, Scrabble.

I've been smashing CodMW2 and chilling to Dragon Age Origins like Kdude has.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm..

Favorite game was one I just recently had to stop playing because my DM skipped out on us and went up to Virginia, but 2nd edition AD&D. *TONS* of fun playing that.

Video games wise, I prefer RPGs but I also like strategy games, adventure games, FPS games, and fighting games.

Don't really care for board games. They take waaaaaay too long to finish. When I do play, usually Risk. It's fun conquering the world :devil: . When I was a kid though I played this game called Hero Quest which was a bunch of fun, but I don't think they make it anymore, which is a huge shame :(

Card game used to be Magic the Gathering but that got really expensive. Just I just like to play Gin or Rummy every now and then. I'm so boring ;)

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cards, board games, video games, puzzle type games, strategy games, you name it. I'm competitive in all of them. Sometimes irrationally competitive. It's a problem.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Board games I would say, Chess, Stratego, Go, Monopoly, Uno, Scrabble.

I've been smashing CodMW2 and chilling to Dragon Age Origins like Kdude has.

I like chess, but always went in weary as my strategy is to not have a strategy. Suprisingly I do very good in this regard against real people. Sometimes I think those that strategize and plan before hand know what you are going to do because they recognize the pattern where as I have no pattern so good luck guessing what I am gonna do next. I do this with everything in life though.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

KDude

Pattern recognition is what games are all about!

That said, I suck at chess.. Never cared to learn much about it except the basic rules.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Massage therapist, you should try it with one of those vibrating pads you attach to a chair, just roll it out on the table :whistling: Somehow the wife always knows what the next move is though :doh:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pattern recognition is what games are all about!

That said, I suck at chess.. Never cared to learn much about it except the basic rules.

Pattern recognition doesnt work if your playing people unless they employ the same tactics. I prefer chaos theory tactics.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Massage therapist, you should try it with one of those vibrating pads you attach to a chair, just roll it out on the table :whistling: Somehow the wife always knows what the next move is though :doh:

Muhaaa. Evolution is good. :devil:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I mentioned it before but I also play pen & paper rpgs. Started with D&D in 2003 but now our group(s) uses savage worlds because the rules are easier to use and don't weigh everything down. I GM 98% of the time because I like it as a creative outlet more than anything. Although it's very rare we play anymore.

With video games I like atmospheric games. I also have a short attention span so I really like FPS games. I've played RPGs but if I get stuck in the game or arrive at a slow point I get bored. I just did this with assassin's creed II come to think of it. It got to a point where you have to collect all of these codex pages for Da Vinci but I find that kind of crap irritating and a chore. This is why I can't play games like WoW (besides WoW being shitty anyway).

I also find it hard to follow storylines in video games when there's tons of stuff going on. I'll replay games sometimes and figure out I missed something obvious and feel stupid after.

ryb

MBTI Type
INTP
Bah, there are too many good games to choose favourites :D

I do love original and inventive games like Braid, VVVVVV, Zeno Clash and Portal though.

KDude

Pattern recognition doesnt work if your playing people unless they employ the same tactics. I prefer chaos theory tactics.

It works, don't disagree there.

It depends on the game for me. Some I can think quick and adjust tactics chaotically. Some I just flat out suck, like chess. Not sure why that is.. it's a bit too abstract for me, I guess.

@Adoamros: Yeah, I don't see the appeal of WoW either. If I wanted a job in my offtime, I'd get one. [edit] One that paid me real cash, that is.