• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Unconventional!

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
What sort of unconventional things that you want to do, have done, or believe in?

I'll start!

When I get married, I want a FLAMING RED wedding dress.
OH MY GOD YESSS YES YES YES YES YES ME TOO ME TOOO

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
Unconventional is relative to social context and culture.

I could name a few things, but then again, probably there are enough people doing it on the grounds that it is unconventional, thus making it plain conventional.
It's like they say we are all unique, but the truth is that there are so many of us that nobody is really unique.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Uh. Unconventional could also be considered insane. Therefore, I plead the 5th. :ninja:

McMartinez - razor blade bald. Awesome. That takes balls...uh...ovaries. :)

It was sooooo much fun! Altho I'm pretty sure it killed some of the dating life for me. Tons of people thought I was a lesbian. Just 'cause girly girls like having hair...psh. :p

Eowyn

MBTI Type
ESfP
Enneagram
It's still rather unconventional for my region--I had 2 of my three babies at home....on purpose.

lookingglassworld

MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
3w4
It was sooooo much fun! Altho I'm pretty sure it killed some of the dating life for me. Tons of people thought I was a lesbian. Just 'cause girly girls like having hair...psh. :p

I've done the bald thing just within the last three years! My family was ready to check me in to the loony bin. Not a thing was wrong with me,I just needed a change!! lol :devil::headphne::devil:

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hmm.

- I'm an atheist, and lean pretty heavily libertarian.
- For lack of another way to put it, I completely don't care what other people think of me.
- Whenever there's a snowstorm, I throw my gear in my car, and I start driving north to ski, even if it's a blizzard dumping 3ft of snow. Empty highways covered in snow are fun.
- Bad grades, even near failing, never bothered me in school, but not being able to understand something on the level I wanted to, was always something I couldn't rest until I fixed.
- At one point, I had 14 computers in my room as a High School student (and yes, I still had a normal social life), for various reasons.

Things I'd like to do? Make a bunch of money, buy or build a small house up in the mountains of Tahoe or Canada, and ski.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I really don't know. The most unconventional I get is being a bit unruly and impulsive against my "better" judgment. When people see me, they think "...weirdo..." mofos... lol It's what I do to feel unbound to anything and everyone. If I don't, I'll freak. To answer your question, be myself.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Hmm.

- I'm an atheist, and lean pretty heavily libertarian.
- For lack of another way to put it, I completely don't care what other people think of me.
- Whenever there's a snowstorm, I throw my gear in my car, and I start driving north to ski, even if it's a blizzard dumping 3ft of snow. Empty highways covered in snow are fun.
- Bad grades, even near failing, never bothered me in school, but not being able to understand something on the level I wanted to, was always something I couldn't rest until I fixed.
- At one point, I had 14 computers in my room as a High School student (and yes, I still had a normal social life), for various reasons.

Things I'd like to do? Make a bunch of money, buy or build a small house up in the mountains of Tahoe or Canada, and ski.

Ahah, I relate to much of this; except that there's often high avalanche risk when it snows a lot, thus I wait a bit before going.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I often completely ignore conventions to the point that the thing I'm "supposed to do" just becomes a new idea to me when mentioned. For me, it's all relative, you can do it however you want, whatever works, so what I'm "supposed to do," is just another in a huge, wide sea of methods.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP

Dudette! Did you look anything like Deb from Empire Records?

robin_tunney.jpg

image1.jpg

Talk about effin' hot. :D :yes:

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Dating a 56 y.o. when I was 16.
Marrying him when he was 60 and I was 20.
Living without running water until 2003.

Questions welcome. *grin*

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think you win :hi:

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Dudette! Did you look anything like Deb from Empire Records?

snip

Talk about effin' hot. :D :yes:

You can be the judge :)

28240150_458fdb5bda.jpg

Edit: The blue splotches on my head were from trying to dye my hair blue right before shaving it all off 'cause it ended up looking absolutely awful :)

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Oh wow, your parents must have flipped. :D My parents didn't even like that my boyfriend is 12 years older than me, at first. What they didn't know was that before my honey bunny, I was seriously considering dating a guy who was 53, heh heh.

KDude

28240150_458fdb5bda.jpg

Edit: The blue splotches on my head were from trying to dye my hair blue right before shaving it all off 'cause it ended up looking absolutely awful :)

I've shaved my head plenty, but never that short. Bravo!

Yeah, I've had many dye disasters too :D

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ

28240150_458fdb5bda.jpg

That's a wonderful picture. And you are better looking the that chick stellar renegade thinks is hawt.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ

Did you live off grid as well? And how far was your well? Where was your outhouse? And what kind of outhouse?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Wow. I actually think you look good, it's sorta cool. :)
(and now you can tattoo secret messages on the top of your head that will be hidden as it all grows back in.)

Sigh. Having trouble thinking of something I want to do that is unconventional.

Even in my unconventionalities I still tend to be conventional... mostly because I don't feel like having anything interfere with my life / inner world... although I think unconventionality (as long as it's done because the person is self-expressing, not just trying to be unconventional) is pretty cool and I get a kick out of it.

The world is one big shifting puzzle.

Enigma3539t.jpg

D

Dali

Dying my hair shades of yellow, blond and red all through Uni. VERY unconventional for a Kenyan male. My pals were pretty shocked. Some loved it though. I came to be known for my crazy hair. Need I mention that I was studying for a very conservative, imagep-conscious major where we were required to be in formal wear every day at school?

Additionally, a lot of the times when I see a cat, I'll bend down and pat it. Even if it's in the middle of the CBD and I'm in a stuffy suit. Get some weird looks for that.