• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Unconventional!

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What sort of unconventional things that you want to do, have done, or believe in?

I'll start!

When I get married, I want a FLAMING RED wedding dress.

Also, my man and I decided out how we're going to get married only two weeks after we started dating. See, we're gamers of the Dungeons and Dragons and Live Action Roleplaying (LARP) variety. We want to run a invite-only LARP at one of the conventions and about a wedding that gets crashed and all sorts of shenannigans happen. Little do they know that it's a real wedding with a real reverend and we really got married during all of this, buahahaha.

KDude

Not sure if it's unconventional, but I was thinking of planning a trip to Hong Kong in the next year and travel around Asia with some people I barely know. Never been there, and like I said, I don't know these people well.. but I need to get something like that out of my system.

My unconventional-ness is limited to delinquency when I was younger, I think. I dunno.. I'm pretty boring now!

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I just want a major dance party DURING my wedding. Oh yeahhhh :cool:

And during my funeral, I want people to dance me to heaven. lol. Just have another dance party!!

Hmm... what else is unconventional?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I have a friend who got married in flaming red! She looked GORGEOUS. It was a much better colour for her than white. It was a pretty traditional dress in other respects, but just the most gorgeous crimson. The last friend whose wedding I went to, she's half East Indian, and she definitely looks Indian...she got married in a traditional Indian wedding outfit with a beautiful red top and white skirt, all beaded. Great choice. Go with what suits you and will make your day even more special!

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Don't get married. Now that's unconventional.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The only reason we'd get married is for legal reasons. Otherwise, we're perfectly happy the way we are. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Also, my man and I decided out how we're going to get married only two weeks after we started dating. See, we're gamers of the Dungeons and Dragons and Live Action Roleplaying (LARP) variety. We want to run a invite-only LARP at one of the conventions and about a wedding that gets crashed and all sorts of shenannigans happen. Little do they know that it's a real wedding with a real reverend and we really got married during all of this, buahahaha.

Okay, that's EPIC AWESOMENESS in action!

Take pictures.

uh... yeah... maybe back in 1961.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI Type
INTJ
What sort of unconventional things that you want to do, have done, or believe in?

I'll start!

When I was in Hong Kong, I took a picture of a couple having their wedding pictures taken in the park. I think her red dress looked fantastic. I approve!

2507330037_19f820d0c5.jpg

As for myself, I always want to have unconventional foods for family holiday dinners. My family has turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year without fail. Let's mix it up! I remember about 15 years ago my aunt had Thanksgiving at her house and served prime rib and orange roughy instead of turkey. People still talk about it as an epic fail. I thought it was great.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was in Hong Kong, I took a picture of a couple having their wedding pictures taken in the park. I think her red dress looked fantastic. I approve!

2507330037_19f820d0c5.jpg

See? Now that's gorgeous! And they have red engagement cakes, too. People need to have more love for red.

As for myself, I always want to have unconventional foods for family holiday dinners. My family has turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year without fail. Let's mix it up! I remember about 15 years ago my aunt had Thanksgiving at her house and served prime rib and orange roughy instead of turkey. People still talk about it as an epic fail. I thought it was great.

Ooooooh...:nice: This makes me want to have a hawiian pig roast for christmas, haha.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've shaved my head twice. Did it when I was in college. Went from long ponytail+ length both times to razor blade bald. It was very much fun and very freeing in a sense.

Honestly, I don't really want to get married. I think it's stupid. But yeah, I'll do it for the legal benefit. :D

Um. I've got a funny relationship with music. For a long time I didn't ever turn on the radio in my car. It's nothing personal, Music, I just didn't crave you. When I'm upset, music makes me feel worse. It's a distraction and I can't think straight to sort out what I'm....*gasp* feeling! Also...I don't listen to much new music at all. There's a good explanation for that tho. 1) Oldies are awesome. 2) MOST new music sucks. 3) People don't waste time listening to shitty oldies the way they do with new songs. I have to filter through a lot of crap before I find anything good that's new. (And plz don't start asking me what I like and suggesting crap. Respectfully, I'm not going to listen to it. :) )
Sooo...I listen to oldies when I'm in a good mood! Yeah!

I don't think it's particularly unconventional m'self, but I'm pretty much atheist...and by that I mean that I don't believe there's a god, but I could be wrong. (Yeah, I know that's close to agnostic.) Er, it's a lot more common here in the US than it is South of the border. I grew up mostly in Honduras where almost everyone ever is Catholic...'cept our 4-person family wasn't/isn't. :p

Um... I'm single a lot :)

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I've shaved my head twice. Did it when I was in college. Went from long ponytail+ length both times to razor blade bald. It was very much fun and very freeing in a sense.

Honestly, I don't really want to get married. I think it's stupid. But yeah, I'll do it for the legal benefit. :D

Um. I've got a funny relationship with music. For a long time I didn't ever turn on the radio in my car. It's nothing personal, Music, I just didn't crave you. When I'm upset, music makes me feel worse. It's a distraction and I can't think straight to sort out what I'm....*gasp* feeling! Also...I don't listen to much new music at all. There's a good explanation for that tho. 1) Oldies are awesome. 2) MOST new music sucks. 3) People don't waste time listening to shitty oldies the way they do with new songs. I have to filter through a lot of crap before I find anything good that's new. (And plz don't start asking me what I like and suggesting crap. Respectfully, I'm not going to listen to it. :) )
Sooo...I listen to oldies when I'm in a good mood! Yeah!

I don't think it's particularly unconventional m'self, but I'm pretty much atheist...and by that I mean that I don't believe there's a god, but I could be wrong. (Yeah, I know that's close to agnostic.) Er, it's a lot more common here in the US than it is South of the border. I grew up mostly in Honduras where almost everyone ever is Catholic...'cept our 4-person family wasn't/isn't. :p

Um... I'm single a lot :)

Agree about music. We are so sensitive to our physical surroundings that it can be an extreme irritant. I remember as a kid growing up and the TV was always on...hated that non-stop background noise...needed spaces of silence to think/relax.

Plus, when an ISTP is focused on task, all external stimuli disappears anyway...the "in-the-zone' thing.

KDude

I'm sensitive to noises, but I don't find it irritating in the background. I also sleep with the TV on a lot..

Hmm

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agree about music. We are so sensitive to our physical surroundings that it can be an extreme irritant. I remember as a kid growing up and the TV was always on...hated that non-stop background noise...needed spaces of silence to think/relax.

Plus, when an ISTP is focused on task, all external stimuli disappears anyway...the "in-the-zone' thing.

:yes: I always wear headphones, as my interest gains and wains I move from my head to my senses. Anyways I guess I am half way ESTP/ISTP and I feed off of sensory as well. I dont really care about TV noise though, to much TV talking that bores me. Its just planned, and scripted. Its just to fake. Maybe thats why I cant focus on TV and can get up in the middle and not care, prefer real people and real things.

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
From the outside it appears I live a very conventional suburban housewife existence. However I am different from other "housewives" and moms in that I don't spoil my kids with designer clothes; I don't sign them up for every sports activity; I encourage them to be individualistic and question authority; and I am an atheist while my husband is a youth minister at church. I will not conform to his vision of a perfect catholic family. I have rebelled during mid life and go to the beat of my own drum! :devil:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I think the list of things I do that are conventional would be much easier to name off. :cool: :rofl1: :yim_rolling_on_the_

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I think the list of things I do that are conventional would be much easier to name off. :cool: :rofl1: :yim_rolling_on_the_

right on! sometimes it is hard to even know what is unconventional.

i used to live in a squat when i was 19. it was a really big squat called The Bank. we all had pretty unconventional lifestyles, everyone at the squat was pretty weird and interesting.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uh. Unconventional could also be considered insane. Therefore, I plead the 5th. :ninja:

McMartinez - razor blade bald. Awesome. That takes balls...uh...ovaries. :)

gdhc08

MBTI Type
ISFP
At my funeral they are only going to be allowed to play happy music.

KDude

At my funeral, there will be dancing midgets and freezepops.