• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Why so few ISFPs?

NeverAmI

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am curious why there is such a low ISFP presence on here.

I have heard a rumor that ISFPs often have a hard time finding their proper type. Do you believe this is true?

Do you think it is more about ISFPs not being interested in MBTI or being mistyped?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's a combination of both. Either disinterest or they are mistyped. I know that there are some INFPs on here that are likely to be ISFP. I was one of those (some people still think I'm an N).

Although the ISFPs I've met have shown an interest in typology when I got them to read a profile.

Maybe they just don't care enough to post on a forum about it after they've learned more about themselves?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know about you, but I like being the minority here :D

Though it would be nice to have a bit more people...

sleepy

I had to have it pointed out to me, and am still in doubt. So that sounds to be true.

Mistyped.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
There's a lot more than there were when I joined! Seems like they're coming out the woodwork all the time!

Not to mention those people that have typed themselves "ISFP" but really aren't. ;)

There's a low presence of "S" types in general on this site compared to the Ns, because the basis for this site is very theoretical and not something of practical use or interest to the dominant population. Those of us Sensors who are here are those that for whatever reason found something in this "personality type" stuff that we could use to understand other people (or ourselves) better.

So I doubt there will ever be an abundance of ISFP people on here, because there's just not enough of us interested in this stuff. Heck, I'm really not that interested in it anymore myself, I stick around because some people still give me attention here. ;)

StrappingYoungLad

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm guessing that many SP types check out this forum and get discouraged to join because there is a lot of N bias and N style of interaction going on.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
They are doing better things, I mostly hang around to kill time at work.

NeverAmI

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think it's a combination of both. Either disinterest or they are mistyped. I know that there are some INFPs on here that are likely to be ISFP. I was one of those (some people still think I'm an N).

Although the ISFPs I've met have shown an interest in typology when I got them to read a profile.

Maybe they just don't care enough to post on a forum about it after they've learned more about themselves?

I am similar. I originally thought my Ne was stronger than my Ni, but I am still struggling to fully grasp the differences between each function.

Ultimately though, pragmatism wins with me. I am also fun-loving and spontaneous after I warm up to people.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When I first got here, I thought I was an ISFJ after taking my first test at work. (An INFP friend told me to take it).
After I spent some time here, it became relevant to me that I wasn't really an ISFJ. It just didn't fit for me, but because the test told me I was one, well I just believed it. Doing some of my own research, I found that I'm actually ISFP. I can't think of anything better really. :)

wolfy

awsm
There are a lot more than when joined. A lot more SP in general too. Lots of isfp just stop coming, some run screaming in terror, some leave quietly by the back door.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I never notice, but I may not spend enough time here to notice. I think I'm a weak ISFP. Dunno what that says about my participation, but I enjoy stopping by. Good to have you all aboard here

Last edited:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I have been very unsure about my type for a long time. Right now, I think that I am an isfp. On the other hand, I could be an istp or an esfp or an infp. Apparently, this type confusion may be common among isfp, which would mean that I am an isfp who thinks that she is an istp or an esfp or an infp...
... but is mostly very hungry and is starting to think about a big bowl of alphabet soup, even though it is actually breakfast time...
But I digress...

B

brainheart

Tourist, you seem so isfp to me, but what do I know. I've thought I was about everything IXXP, even went with INFJ for a bit.

But ISFP fits me the best, which is the whole idea, right? What is the best, not what is the perfect? (Cause that doesn't exist.)

Not many isfps on here I think due to what others have said- mistyped, doing other stuff, and the heavy-on-the-intuitive vibe on here.

I've just come back recently, I'm doing it less because I'm actually doing positive, beneficial things now, and yes, not quite as interested in the mbti as I used to be. But there's some cool people on here, so it's a nice thing to check out every once in awhile and read the banter and sometimes interject.

I think, typically, isfps can become interested in the mbti because, like the other fi-doms, we want to have a life of meaning and purpose. If that doesn't seem to be happening, we seek solutions. If the mbti helps us figure stuff out, cool, let's apply it. But we don't necessarily feel the need to deliberate over it ad infinitum. I would much rather be playing guitar- that's what makes me feel good. Staying at a computer forever makes me kind of feel like I'm wasting my life.

But that's also just me, so who knows about the others.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
there are probably a lot more ISFPs here than you know.... :newwink:

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I was mistyped. An on line test said I was ISFJ but ISFP fits me better. Usually when I'm at the computer I'm nursing and my baby falls asleep. When he get older and doesn't need to nurse, I'll most likely cut my time back on the computer.

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
I come and go. Sometimes I'm interested; sometimes not. I think that's common for us. I'm pretty busy doing stuff a lot of the time. But I come back coz I really like the group of ISFPs and ISTPs here ... good people.

Also, the Olympics are on and it's time to watch hockey. :run:

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
:peepwall:I feel ignored after posting much of the time. Don't know if that is an age bias or what. I tend to think people just don't value what we have to say. No worries .. I don't value much what others say either.:peepwall:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
A lot of the conversation is just for fun.
It isn't fun to feel ignored. And age bias is kind of rude.
:yes:

:peepwall:I feel ignored after posting much of the time. Don't know if that is an age bias or what. I tend to think people just don't value what we have to say. No worries .. I don't value much what others say either.:peepwall:

wolfy

awsm
I am curious why there is such a low ISFP presence on here.

I have heard a rumor that ISFPs often have a hard time finding their proper type. Do you believe this is true?

Do you think it is more about ISFPs not being interested in MBTI or being mistyped?

I had a hard time deciding between ISFP and ISTP. Discussions on random topics is not exactly ISFP territory. It is more to do with them getting sick of the forum. A lot of ISFP join and quit quick.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
of course there's a possibility that some SFPs could take some attitudes here more personally than STPs do and then quit... I remember that happening before :(