• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP "strengths"

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I totally get what you're saying. For me, it feels like the eyes are throwing the 'emotion spears' (LOL). I just look into other people's eyes and I start flipping the pages of their books. :p
Yes! Exactly that. I'm amazed it hasn't ticked anyone off yet. I tend to be afraid that someone will accuse me of being judgmental when in reality, they're practically telling me through their bodies.

Talented! :) I don't know how else to put it; ISFPs I know excel in pretty much everything (be it school any subject, arts and other creative pursuits etc). The hardest thing for them seems to be to decide what they actually want to do with their lives. Oh, and the humor.

Gah, I never know what I want to do with my life. There are so many things out there that I often wish there weren't so many choices. If I choose to be a dancer then it would take away my chances of being a storm chaser, or something like that. I want to experience everything but there's too many things to experience. :(

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Me, too. I want to experience everything that I can possibly experience. I want to taste all kinds of food and I want to see as much of the world that I can see. That's why I like freelance work. It keeps my schedule flexible so that I can have all sorts of adventures.

Gah, I never know what I want to do with my life. There are so many things out there that I often wish there weren't so many choices. If I choose to be a dancer then it would take away my chances of being a storm chaser, or something like that. I want to experience everything but there's too many things to experience. :(

KDude

Well, I've found that people I don't even know will come up to me and tell me their deepest and darkest secrets and trust me. I suppose I give of this vibe that just allows people to relax and trust me with their true selves.

I seem to get people to talk as well, even when I don't mean to. One acquaintance recently, who I thought I'd kind of lost some connection with, poured her heart out about self esteem and things like that. And then she said she hates people..but somehow trusts me. That was bittersweet.

I've played guitar for more than half of my life, but I wouldn't consider myself all that great. I guess I'm "good" at it though, when I'm inspired...

I draw a little, but it's not something I've cultivated.

gdhc08

MBTI Type
ISFP
I feel that I can calm down my friends when they just won't let something go...like I can get them to relax and make it seem like the situation isn't that big of a deal.

I'm good at coming up with crazy adventures...sometimes though my ideas have been rejected.

I'm a quiet person if I don't know you too well and I usually don't approach others--I consider myself difficult to get to know so I'm amazed at all these ISFPs who have people come up to them and tell them everything.

Icefire

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w5
Wow this is an old post, oh well here I go!!!
isfp are extremely smart when reading body language, they are not dumb but can come off as dumb bc they just say what everybody else is thinking...

Bc they tend to be so blunt they can come off as childish making others feel as if they are the only adult in the room. Because they are intelligent and great at sensing ones likes or faults an can be open on others issues, they can also make others feel dumb, making other people feel as if they are the only child in the room at the same time!! We can make people feel smarter and dumber all at the same time, making others uncomfortable when we do say what's on our minds 😜

In conclusion we are weird people in other people's eyes, an often misunderstood. As hard as it is for others to understand us, it is just as hard for us to understand other people.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My honesty is, by far, my biggest strength in building friendships. My friends often come to me asking for relationship advice, and I give them my unfiltered opinion. Of course, most people ONLY talk to me when they want relationship advice...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay so I might be an ISFP, but with strong Ni, so I'll respond.

I can read sexual interest from and between people. It's really obvious to me and sometimes it's a curse. The only time I feel confusion about it is when I was young, had a big crush, had lots of internal feelings about what the other person felt. I don't think it was the physical cues that confused me though, but more the fact that the internal intentions and the physical cues often don't align in people. Attraction doesn't always translate into interest.

This second thing is something I specifically notice in every SFP I've known personally. SFPs are skilled at giving people really specific, unique, beautiful compliments. One lovely ISFP used to give me the best compliments on the songs I played on my instrument at the hospital. Another ESFP lady complimented me on the tone of my skin in such a way, that ever since it has made me feel a little special and unique. My ISFP mother compliments people as well, and I do it as almost a knee-jerk reaction. Just yesterday I saw a fellow teacher I rarely interact with, and her hair was such a beautiful new color, I found myself complimenting her before I even realized it. It's like an exclamation, and like a happy realization of seeing a new beauty in the world. It is very different from socially invested compliments because it isn't flattery or thought through to have an intended social result, but more like the instant joy of the moment to be commented on.

scarlettlove

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm ISFP. At the moment I feel like my strengths are:

a. Visual design. I'm good in putting objects in harmonic order and enjoy spending time to do that.

b. Written expression. Short stories and applications. I'm not good in poetry though.

c. Spoken expression in some situations. That is in small groups or spending time with only one person.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bump. Haha. :D

I can relate to a lot of what other SFs have mentioned on here. I'm very down-to-earth/laid back, can read others easily, and usually people feel very comfortable when they talk to me. I get a lot of people asking for advice or venting to me, even strangers. I put people at ease and it's easy for me to empathize and be honest.
Sense of humor! Usually I'm very silly and goofy and make others laugh all the time.
Visual art - I have an eye for certain types of aesthetic and love all forms of art, especially photography.
I tend to be "in the moment", take in and appreciate my surroundings, see beauty in everyday little things.
I also don't apologize to anyone for being me. I'm always proud of my uniqueness and authenticity.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll answer again. I am pretty silly person and tend to put people at ease in a certain way, but can also be confusingly distant. I don't go by the regular social expectations, so that can have different results, but I am kinda childlike and fun, and I don't have that annoyance energy. It can cause people to try to cross too many lines with me bc I seem like a chump. I'm actually intelligent and can read people well, but don't really know what to do with the information.

I used to admire dignified people like Princess Di because she was so beautiful and graceful, so I have moments of wanting to be like that, but I'm also a bit childlike, and so my dignity comes and goes.

I feel like I am very similar to an animal and get along well with animals. Actually in the same way a cat is like what I described above - dignified and a little distant, but silly and disarming in a way, that's how I am too. But I only rub up on people I really, really like.

Edit: I can also get stuck in anxiety loops and be a little paranoid and intensely depressed. I feel a dichotomy of objectivity and subjectivity in a way that I think is more polarized and compartmentalized like two separate rooms or parallel universes than the average person for whom it is more swirled about in complex inter-tanglings. I think there is a way that Se-Te creates a very clear, grounded sense of reality, but Fi-Ni creates an intensely subjective, original inner world.