• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] STP need for speed

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do any other STPs have a need for speed. To be able to control yourself while going at break neck speed? Like take video games. I love driving around in burnout at full speed with boost sliding around stuff, jumping, etc, without letting off the gas or boost. Seeing how fast I can respond. Same thing with jet ski. My thumb almost never lets off full throttle. Give me an obstacle course, but one that resembles nature more where there are trees, holes, branches, etc that you must navigate around while running full speed. Its almost like perfecting timing, not repetitive timing, but response timing. It gives me the ability to pull off whatever I want whenever I want.

Maybe I am just a speed junkie. Not for the adrenaline, but for the timing challenge.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do any other STPs have a need for speed. To be able to control yourself while going at break neck speed? Like take video games. I love driving around in burnout at full speed with boost sliding around stuff, jumping, etc, without letting off the gas or boost. Seeing how fast I can respond. Same thing with jet ski. My thumb almost never lets off full throttle. Give me an obstacle course, but one that resembles nature more where there are trees, holes, branches, etc that you must navigate around while running full speed. Its almost like perfecting timing, not repetitive timing, but response timing. It gives me the ability to pull off whatever I want whenever I want.

Maybe I am just a speed junkie. Not for the adrenaline, but for the timing challenge.

You and me both. :devil:
I've always been this way.
I can't "jog" around a track.
It's full on drop dead top speed every sprint until I puke.
Jetskis are amazing.
I'm hoping to buy a good used one this coming summer when I graduate from school.
In Germany there were always "Trimm Dich Streche" or "Fitness Courses" throughout towns and villages. They had tires to run through, rope barricades, balance beams, and other various stuff. I wish there were more of those here. I see them at the beach but not nearly as full scale, because no one wants to sacrifice parking real estate for the sake of community fitness. :thumbdown:

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
A "need"? No. But I'm damn good at it and enjoy it whenever I find myself in a situation that requires it. I have no doubt though that ISTPs are heavy on the pedal...and equally good at spotting speed traps. It' s not the speed so much as the split-second responding to external stimuli.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A "need"? No. But I'm damn good at it and enjoy it whenever I find myself in a situation that requires it. I have no doubt though that ISTPs are heavy on the pedal...and equally good at spotting speed traps. It' s not the speed so much as the split-second responding to external stimuli.

I dont look for situations or wait for them to exist, I do it whenever the situation allows me to. So really not "need" but I do seek it out quite a bit.

Halla, I dont know the laws where you are, but I got my polaris freedom back in 2001 and it was the only model with a carb and other then changing spark plugs, using some carb cleaner, and replacing the battery every 2-3 years it runs just as good as it did on day one. My parents bought a fuel injected ski-doo and it gives them all sorts of problems. Be careful pulling tubes or skiing as the rope easily gets sucked into the jet when turning around to pick up someone you flung off the tube:devil: Trust me its not fun having to swim a jet ski back to shore when that happens. If a boat throws you a tow line it is pretty fun to get drug in the water one hand on the rope handle and the other holding the jetski :) Yes it has happened more then once:doh:

I am dying to get a stand up one so I can do better tricks.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I will say that I am often most happiest when I am driving alone (or with my dog) on an empty highway. Road trips are required at regular intervals.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
definitely, i have a love of speed. i am just starting to get really into jetskis now, in the past i haven't done much on the water.
i love the kind of control you are talking about Poki, responding to the environment, adapting to it. my favorite course is the one i've never run before, the one that is unexpected.

but for just pure speed - if you are in the USA you've got to go out to the Bonneville Salt Flats at least once. that is the place where so many land-speed records are set. i took my Indian out there several years ago, it's pretty incredible, you can just open up fully and go and go and go. it's a gorgeous place too, visually.

bonneville-salt-flats.jpg

I will say that I am often most happiest when I am driving alone (or with my dog) on an empty highway. Road trips are required at regular intervals.

what kind of dog?
my border collie, Jack, used to ride everywhere with me in my pickup. road trips with him were great, he didn't care that i had no time-frame at all. i would see some hill or something in the distance, and we'd pull off the road in the middle of nowhere and hike it. sometimes it would take hours before we got back on the road again. that is the way road-trips should be, i think. an expedition, not just a drive.

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
When I read the title, it did not occur to me that you were talking about actual speed as in metres per second. I thought that it was a metaphor for other aspects of life.

I don't have a particular need of speeding up while in a vehicle. I do not possess a driver's licence. But I do enjoy taking off while in a plane.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:blush: I love my Super Charger. I generally drive a little over the speed limit. Not much, but when I get new tires I like to push it and test them out.

Or, if I come across some ass hat that's rev-in' their motor, or tail gating.

I'm most certainly not shy about burning a little kraut.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm in it for the adrenaline rush. And since I don't want to risk my life driving like a maniac (I would if I knew I'd survive...or y'know, if I were suicidal), I take the roller coaster route :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I read the title, it did not occur to me that you were talking about actual speed as in metres per second. I thought that it was a metaphor for other aspects of life.

I don't have a particular need of speeding up while in a vehicle. I do not possess a driver's licence. But I do enjoy taking off while in a plane.

I do actually take it to pretty much every aspect of my life. Even people at work know that I can knock out pretty much anything quickly and accurately with quality work.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm in it for the adrenaline rush. And since I don't want to risk my life driving like a maniac (I would if I knew I'd survive...or y'know, if I were suicidal), I take the roller coaster route :D

yeah, i only rode my first roller-coaster about a year or so ago. i loved it, i felt like a kid again - because of the novelty of it probably. so much fun, though!!!

Even people at work know that I can knock out pretty much anything quickly and accurately with quality work.

i know what you mean! i take huge pride in knocking out a quality piece of work in a small amount of time. the drive and the power behind it - it is like a freight train staying barely on the tracks.

lilikoi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6?
I don't think I'm a speed junkie... Roller coasters, although I've never been on one, kind of scare me. As does jumping off high things and the thought of skiing. When I'm crafting something - wood, sewing, cooking - I usually like to take my time and enjoy the process. Then again, I taught myself to drive and am always 10 mi over the speed limit at least. I always though jet skiing, parasailing, and sky diving would be awesome even though I haven't tried them yet. It sometimes annoys me when people walk slowly because I have to consciously focus to do that. W/ sports (and I guess in life too), I am very much all or nothing - run (not walk) to the top of the mountain or don't go at all, run the whole way or forget it.. I am like a light switch not a dimmer.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dont look for situations or wait for them to exist, I do it whenever the situation allows me to. So really not "need" but I do seek it out quite a bit.

10-4. Me too. My kids love the fact that if there is 30 feet of open walkway at the supermarket, and they are in the cart, that I go full on sprint for about 20 feet and slow them down over 10. Life's simple pleasures should be enjoyed, it's healthy to do so in harmless ways. :yes:

Halla, I dont know the laws where you are, but I got my polaris freedom back in 2001 and it was the only model with a carb and other then changing spark plugs, using some carb cleaner, and replacing the battery every 2-3 years it runs just as good as it did on day one. My parents bought a fuel injected ski-doo and it gives them all sorts of problems. Be careful pulling tubes or skiing as the rope easily gets sucked into the jet when turning around to pick up someone you flung off the tube:devil: Trust me its not fun having to swim a jet ski back to shore when that happens. If a boat throws you a tow line it is pretty fun to get drug in the water one hand on the rope handle and the other holding the jetski :) Yes it has happened more then once:doh:

I am dying to get a stand up one so I can do better tricks.

Dude, I am so saving this info. Thank you for providing it, it is bound to save me much hassle, and increase my fun/effort ratio. :nice:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I'm a speed junkie... Roller coasters, although I've never been on one, kind of scare me. As does jumping off high things and the thought of skiing. When I'm crafting something - wood, sewing, cooking - I usually like to take my time and enjoy the process. Then again, I taught myself to drive and am always 10 mi over the speed limit at least. I always though jet skiing, parasailing, and sky diving would be awesome even though I haven't tried them yet. It sometimes annoys me when people walk slowly because I have to consciously focus to do that. W/ sports (and I guess in life too), I am very much all or nothing - run (not walk) to the top of the mountain or don't go at all, run the whole way or forget it.. I am like a light switch not a dimmer.

People walking slowly? omfg! Grocery store is where I'm just grrrr!

It's like come on you mindless herd of heifers get out of my way!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
10-4. Me too. My kids love the fact that if there is 30 feet of open walkway at the supermarket, and they are in the cart, that I go full on sprint for about 20 feet and slow them down over 10. Life's simple pleasures should be enjoyed, it's healthy to do so in harmless ways. :yes:

I love it. Have you ever played with the ikea basket. I scare my son somtimes. ALL 4 WHEELS TURN!!!!!! I will be sitting in a hug open space swinging the basket around me while I flip it(like if you were spinning it in circles. So I have the handle when its in front of me, then as i swing it to the back I flip it so I catch the back of it while it is behind me, then pull it around and flip it again to catch the handle. Its a blast. I will also be walking down a wide aisle and just spin it 360 without stopping like nothing happened. I do the 360 thing at target with their baskets that have a place for kids to sit. I will sit at the front by the registers where the aisle is huge and just keep spinning the basket in circles.

OTHERS BEWARE, I WILL EMBARRASS YOU AT STORES!!!!!!!!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love it. Have you ever played with the ikea basket. I scare my son somtimes. ALL 4 WHEELS TURN!!!!!! I will be sitting in a hug open space swinging the basket around me while I flip it(like if you were spinning it in circles. So I have the handle when its in front of me, then as i swing it to the back I flip it so I catch the back of it while it is behind me, then pull it around and flip it again to catch the handle. Its a blast. I will also be walking down a wide aisle and just spin it 360 without stopping like nothing happened. I do the 360 thing at target with their baskets that have a place for kids to sit. I will sit at the front by the registers where the aisle is huge and just keep spinning the basket in circles.

OTHERS BEWARE, I WILL EMBARRASS YOU AT STORES!!!!!!!!

Shit. I will drive to Orlando 4 hours away just to test out the IKEA baskets if they are that amn good. I need a new "Jerker" desk anyway. :D

Oh yeah, embarassment in the name of a good adrenaline rush, it's on like Donkey Kong, my kids AND wife know this, and have learned it the hard way. :laugh:

Target is right across the street. Hmmm..... :thinking:

P.S. You are a bad influence, Sir. :yes:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Shit. I will drive to Orlando 4 hours away just to test out the IKEA baskets if they are that amn good. I need a new "Jerker" desk anyway. :D

Oh yeah, embarassment in the name of a good adrenaline rush, it's on like Donkey Kong, my kids AND wife know this, and have learned it the hard way. :laugh:

Put me and my ESTP cousin together in a store and its on. I convinced my niece to go into braums in a combination of my sons costumes. She is 14 and skinny and my son is 5 so she can actually wear them, its just short. She had a batman cape on, some army man looking vest, his batman gloves, batman belt with accessories, one of those ski hats(like a ski mask without the mask part, red sun glasses(it was like 9 at night). I bribed her with ice cream :yim_rolling_on_the_ Took alot of coaxing while she stood outside walking back and forth trying to decide if its worth it. Or I guess "manipulation", I knew she wanted to even if she didnt think she did:D

I am always the one in the background just going :headphne:. Or walking off like nothing happened, I didnt do it, you cant prove nothing:devil:

P.S. chair races down the costco aisle is pretty fun:rock:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The key to the target basket is finding one where the wheels are not all touching the ground(think its the back 2 wheels under the kid seat that needs to be off the ground). It provides that weight offset in regard to the pivot point, but the offset weight will cause the basket to pull in a certain direction so each time you grab it you gotta make sure you pull it back in the right direction. The benefits of Ti and Ni :D Yes I do this pretty much everytime I go to target while my wife shops the dollar bins so I have had plenty of time, experience, and looks of course to learn all the nuances to get it to work :headphne: Its cool to do this and as someone walks by just stop dead in your tracks, let them pass and start it right back up.

W

WALMART

I rarely let off the accelerator. It takes me a while of experience to learn the advantages of throttle control - particularly cornering a Warthog in Halo 4.