• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP's and Restlessness

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Restlessness in needing and/or creating change to keep it interesting.

I average moving about once every year or two...even if it's the same part of town?

Seems to be a cycle of well if I didn't trade cars this year, I'll change the job or where I live? If I didn't change jobs I'll move, etc.

I don't intentionally think about it, but it turns out that way?

I know of at least two other ISTP's that do that: i.e., on kept the same job for seven or eight years. But traded either his or his wife's car in a year, and/or moved that year.

It turned into a running yet unspoken joke? Like they owned two different houses, and rented four different apartments...nine different cars in that time frame.

I moved six times and traded cars four times, and jobs three times for the sample period.

:thinking: That's just crazy. :blush:

lilikoi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6?
Not crazy - change can be a good thing.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but it can also be more costly than really necessary too. ;)

But dang it, it's like scratching an itch.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My husband changed companies with in his trade roughly every two years until his last employment (6 years) due to the perks and family.

I hate moving so the next house we buy will be the retirement home.

My husband gets his fix for change through buying and selling cars: lada nivas, VW foxes, and trucks (77-79 fords). I do have a beater car (that he finds and gets it road ready) every years or so.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have had my current truck for almost 3 years now. Its the longest I ever had a car. I wont give this one up though. Sadly this is my third tundra. I have always been stable in jobs and location though. Just need to change or get new toys to keep from getting bored.

Once you get a house full of furniture and a garage full of crap you will start to dislike moving.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have had my current truck for almost 3 years now. Its the longest I ever had a car. I wont give this one up though. Sadly this is my third tundra. I have always been stable in jobs and location though. Just need to change or get new toys to keep from getting bored.

Once you get a house full of furniture and a garage full of crap you will start to dislike moving.

LOL. Well I'm lucky since all my husband's crap (car/truck parts and my ford '66 he'll build one day....) is at his parents' farm. :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
WUT

I'M NOT RESTLESS..I'M NEVER RESTLESS

SHUT UP

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Do you mean: is lying on the beach for hours on end impossible? Yes.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah....I'm restless. I don't have *quite* that many years of exp with changing jobs, but I KNOW I get bored with them. I did tech/help desk for 4.5 years and I was bored after about 2. I just worked fewer hours after that. I've been working on the same project at work now for about a year and I hate it now. Thankfully it'll be over with soon (just gotta fix bug- *features* after I'm done with this 2nd phase of it...oh joy). Also, I'd love moving at this point (been here 2 years this week). Unfortunately the job market is what it is and I have little exp. At least I'm moving into my house by the end of the month, so that'll be a nice change! :D

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you mean: is lying on the beach for hours on end impossible? Yes.

Totally. My beach bag includes: a football, baseball, mitts, Frisbee, and paddle ball game.

SP restlessness goes hand in hand with our low threshold for boredom. I can sit still for a while but if that occurs I'm entertaining myself somehow. Don't even get me started on restlessness within romantic relationships, hobbies, or jobs. It's pervasive.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
yeah, there are so many things you can do at the beach, who would want to just lie around?

my restlessness has settled down a lot since my early 20s.
but yeah, i have changed jobs A LOT. even when i settled into a career as a firefighter, i had a constant parade of unrelated side jobs.