• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFP dating an ESFP

alittlepixie

I posted something similar in the NF private forum so I could get solely ENFP opinions but I'd like to get some ESFP opinions as well. I'm fairly new to the site so forgive me if this has been posted before and I'm not following proper thread etiquette so to day. So I'm an ENFP female dating an ESFP male. Have any of you ESFPs ever had a long term relationship with an ENFP? If so, what were the pros and cons? I have been with my ESFP for 5 or so months now. He was super quick to drop the L-bomb. Are you all so open or do you easily fall in love? I am really digging the openness though and the constant confirmations. Anyways, things are getting pretty serious but I'm not sure how our N and S will conflict as everyone says they will... What are your experiences? Also we're both P's and I can't stand the ESFPs chaos around the house. I'm unorganized and work on it but he is straight up unaware of his dirty surroundings and doesn't seem to care. Also, as ESFPs grow up, do they calm down on the partying? He's 28 right now. I know he likes to spend time with his friends a lot now, but as an older working adult, how long can you really keep this up? Do friends maintain top priority or does family/kids take over after marriage? Sorry if this seems offensive in any manner. Really not intending it to be. Thanks!
Don't do it. Don't get yourself in this mess. I married an ESFP male (I'm ENFP female). We're both turbulent and our relationship was a disaster. He acted like a spoiled brat and was moody. He was shallow and controlling with money. He didn't care about my feelings of anxiety or my emotional needs. He was cold and indifferent. The cutesy, sweet things he did like breakfast in bed, Disney world, random cheap surprise gifts, etc., absolutely did not make up for the lack of an intellectual bond and the exhausting communication barrier. We became more and more unhappy until things were absolutely hostile. We divorced and he immediately started dating a different girl. Quit now before you end up desolate and stuck. Friendship should be the only ESFP-ENFP relationship to ever happen.