• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xSTP goofiness

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm curious as to whether anyone has any experience with xSTP goofiness? Examples of playfulness? Or is this not a trait typical of xSTP's?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I know an ESTP who's pretty playful (we had like a 10 minute, very ridiculous conversation about cannibalism), and the occasional ISTP, but it seems to me that the introverts are very rarely goofy. When they are it seems to be an Fe thing, very warm and affectionate :wubbie:

R

Riva

I know an ESTP who's pretty playful (we had like a 10 minute, very ridiculous conversation about cannibalism), and the occasional ISTP, but it seems to me that the introverts are very rarely goofy. When they are it seems to be an Fe thing, very warm and affectionate :wubbie:

What happens when INTJs become goofy? Does their sarcasm increase or decrease?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
What happens when INTJs become goofy? Does their sarcasm increase or decrease?

Are you making a comment about my claim that introverted STPs get Fe-ish or are you genuinely curious about INTJ playfulness? :p

R

Riva

Are you making a comment about my claim that introverted STPs get Fe-ish or are you genuinely curious about INTJ playfulness? :p

I am genuinely interested? INTJs have Fi not a lot of Fe.

Yes ISTPs do have such Fe sort of goofiness.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I am genuinely interested? INTJs have Fi not a lot of Fe.

Yes ISTPs do have such Fe sort of goofiness.

When I said "the introverts" I was referring to the introverted STPs.

R

Riva

When I said "the introverts" I was referring to the introverted STPs.

Aha I see.

That is correct. I thought 1st you were talking about all introverts. Which is not true of course.

I always try to goof up INTJs which never works. :(

They think I am teasing them. :(

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Aha I see.

That is correct. I thought 1st you were talking about all introverts. Which is not true of course.

I always try to goof up INTJs which never works. :(

They think I am teasing them. :(

INTJs have sensitive egos :D My theory is that they'll respond positively to Se goofiness. Maybe you should like, try running up behind them and whipping them with a towel or something.

R

Riva

INTJs have sensitive egos :D My theory is that they'll respond positively to Se goofiness. Maybe you should like, try running up behind them and whipping them with a towel or something.

That's called foreplay poppy....

I can't do it with my friends. But I can do it with you if you want to.

wolfy

awsm
xstp don't get goofy because that is xsfp territory. We all have our place, I've had a lot of xstp friends, I know what I'm talking about. That slightly geeky thing is xsfp trademarked too and I'd be pissed if xstp started walking all over my territory.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I'm extremely goofy, and I think Halla would say the same about himself. Hell, he already has. It can depend on the audience, though. If I don't think the audience I'm beholden to will appreciate it, I find some other way to bedazzle them. There's always some other trick in the bag to employ.

The ISTP I knew would kinda facepalm sometimes over my goofiness. He was a bit crazy too, just not as unthinking about it, and he had more of a tendency to get shy when something he said or did didn't "work".

EDIT: check out the ESTP dudes and dudettes in my sig. Most of them were pretty goofy in some way, shape or form. Definitely zany.

_Violence_

Well the thing is, if your INFP, you're fucked. For life.

INFP girls = constantly taken advantage of

INFP guys = can't get laid cuz they are fucking n00bs

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
xSTP girls get VERY playful and excited. Well, moreso the ESTP's. Not sure about goofiness.

The guys I would imagine get quite goofy, particularly the ESTP's. There is, after all, always another notch to take the goofiness up to.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm extremely goofy, and I think Halla would say the same about himself. Hell, he already has.

Hell yes, Stellar! :bananallama:

Goofiness/sillyness/zaniness/craziness/etc. is thoroughly integrated throughout my persona. I demand to have a good time. I do not think anything is sacrosanct and devoid of being observed or interacted with in a humorous light.

Do not be fooled, however. I am a die hard perfectionist, I am the most productive person I know, I am extremely tactical and with few equals with regard to being able to show up anywhere and make things happen, but in the course of all this I cannot and will not be bored, thus my dedication to sillyness.

Stellar and I B.S.'d on the phone one day a few months ago. We were both laughing our asses off, it was ridiculous, and all we were doing was talking over anecdotal aspects of ESTP-ness, just seeing what parts of the type fit us and what did not. The similarities between us were uncanny to say the least. I'm pretty sure a public event of mass hysterical wildness will erupt once he and I are in the same vicinty. :yes:

So, I am going to go out on a limb and say that of the ESTPs I know, that being a bit goofy about things is part of our style. We like to have a good time. Good times go hand in hand with laughing. And laughing is often accomplished by having a somewhat goofy execution of life's necessary tasks, and the accompanying conversations that are required to determine what is necessary to do.

It can depend on the audience, though. If I don't think the audience I'm beholden to will appreciate it, I find some other way to bedazzle them. There's always some other trick in the bag to employ.

Exactly, I do the same. When you find someone that has a stick up their ass that you have to deal with, you get the info/direction you need from them, and then you move on and execute things as necessary where you have more latitude in being autonomous and silly.

The ISTP I knew would kinda facepalm sometimes over my goofiness. He was a bit crazy too, just not as unthinking about it, and he had more of a tendency to get shy when something he said or did didn't "work".

Interesting! Might that be linked to their not wanting to be the center of attention? Or do you think its moreso a lack of self confidence? Not so much "insecurity" but a lack of faith in their abilities to take one on the chin, and keep moving forward in stride if a joke failed, etc...

EDIT: check out the ESTP dudes and dudettes in my sig. Most of them were pretty goofy in some way, shape or form. Definitely zany.

Hell yeah they are. They are badasses, and zany, and in their own way probably implemented goofiness with exacting precision.

:rock:

Life is too short not to have fun. One doesn't have to be an uptight stick in the mud once they become an intelligent and capable person. Anybody that doesn't have the capacity to laugh at themselves has no right to wield humor at the expense of others. This thinking is part of what makes ESTPs able to work with and through others more effectively than most. All relationships start with "Hello." We are not afraid to speak to anyone. In order to establish the minimum rapport necessary for a new acquaintance to be willing to work with you, let alone help you with something, especially if they are not obligated to do so for any reason, it is necessary for them to identify with you. Identifying with someone is as simple as talking with them and determining at least one thing you have in common with them. To make such conversations happen you need to get people's guard down. And waht's the best way to get people's guard down???

LAUGHTER. :yim_rolling_on_the_

Work hard, play hard, and laugh hard through it all. Life is too short to not enjoy every second of it. This is not a dress rehearsal.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My istp little brother is very goofy. He and I have very similar senses of humor, we find a ton of things funny. I would say he maintains a bit of a "drier" goofiness, though, if that makes any sense.

My estp co-worker can be quite goofy, too. He'll sometimes come up and start shaking my desk or my chair for no reason, and if he's driving when we're going to lunch, he'll make sudden stops or turns just to mess with me.

wolfy

awsm
I think I may even have seen some xstp goofiness in action now and again. I'm going to have to retract my earlier statement that xstp aren't goofy. It looks like they can, those xstp, they've got it all. Buggers.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I may even have seen some xstp goofiness in action now and again. I'm going to have to retract my earlier statement that xstp aren't goofy. It looks like they can, those xstp, they've got it all. Buggers.

Haaah! Yeah, we've got it all, including everyone thinking that we are con-artists, used car salesmen, and scoundrels, even when we do something simple like help an old lady take groceries to her car! :doh: :rofl1:

wolfy

awsm
Haaah! Yeah, we've got it all, including everyone thinking that we are con-artists, used car salesmen, and scoundrels, even when we do something simple like help an old lady take groceries to her car! :doh: :rofl1:

Everybody knows you only want to check out her car and give some "helpful" suggestions on a new model. Dastardly devils.