• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Ask an SP, get a practical answer

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear Sps,

Why doesn't anyone ever want to debate theoretical abstractions with me?

Signed,

A confused NT

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dear confused NT,

I often wonder why NT's don't want to frolic with me.
I suppose we'll never know.

Signed,
Stepho The Beast ;)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nancy, what if we lend you a theoretical someone to theoretically abstract with? ;)

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear confused NT,

I often wonder why NT's don't want to frolic with me.
I suppose we'll never know.

Signed,
Stepho The Beast ;)

I wouldn't know how.

Nancy, what if we lend you a theoretical someone to theoretically abstract with? ;)

I would blow their mind (theoretically).:devil:

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
ok, if my cousins really want to talk to me, why not just call me? god!

MBTI Type
INFP
I have a question to other SPs:

Do you ever feel like your creativity/imagination while working on a project just sort of stagnates?

What's a good way to overcome it?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Do you ever feel like your creativity/imagination while working on a project just sort of stagnates?

All the time. Just like you described it... it kinda slows to a stop. That can be due to all sorts of things for me personally, but it's usually because something else caught my attention, I'm distracted, or I just over did it. When this happens, I just switch to something I find more energizing in the moment. When this happens to me while I'm programming, usually just visiting this forum helps "reboot" [Edit: Oh man... I just realized what an awful and unintentional pun that was. Please forgive me.]. Even switching to a new program helps, because starting things are almost always more energizing to me than jumping in the middle of something I started a while ago. Eventually, I feel energized to go back and finish the other project.

MBTI Type
INFP
When this happens to me while I'm programming, usually just visiting this forum helps "reboot" [Edit: Oh man... I just realized what an awful and unintentional pun that was. Please forgive me.]

It's okay. Made me lol. :thumbup:

I didn't know you are a programmer (well of course I don't, I've only been here a few days). That's awesome. Kind of ironic, too, as the project I had in mind is also computer related. Specifically, designing a layout for my personal website that I will be using to promote my web development business.

As much as I love coding HTML and CSS, all these mental roadblocks are frustrating. Once I have an idea I know how to run with it and make it look amazing. But for an "artist," sometimes my mind seems void of ideas...:(

KDude

Going out and experiencing the world.. Drawing inspiration from real things, experiences. I need to meet a girl in order to create a tune about her, so to speak. Replace "girl" and "tune" with whatever you wish.

I also find that if I hear something really crappy, it gets my juices flowing. I want to combat bad art... to top it.. I need to make a better song. There's nothing more encouraging to yourself than realizing that you don't suck as much. It washes away those ugly thoughts that you are not an artist.

So... Experience and Competitiveness, I guess.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Why did I screw up every nail I tried to use to get this picture on the wall ?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why did I screw up every nail I tried to use to get this picture on the wall ?

Were you off in Ne land? Everytime I see an Ne-user doing a practical chore, such as nailing a picture to a wall, I feel like their imagination is being overactive again. Like maybe they're imagining they're Mario or something:

mario_hammer_sm.jpg

Which may result in:

stock-photo-failed-hammer-stroke-concept-for-failure-13029652.jpg

or this:

hammer-test-thumb.jpg

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
so a hammer is what you use for nails. Damn never thought of that !!

Cloudblue

Amazing Spambot!
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
SP´s

When you walk in garden, what thoughts go around in your head?

KDude

Hmm.. don't want to crush plants.. Ugh! My foot is sinking in this soil.. Goddamn worms. :steam:My strawberries are no good anymore.

KDude

I'm such a grouch above!

Can you believe I'm kind of looking into Landscape Architect as a new career choice? :p