• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] ESFP females and men with anxiety

HomerSoprano

MBTI Type
INTP
I´ve read a couple of times that ESFP´s dont like anxiety at all. So woul it be a bad idea to tell an ESFP female that I´m nervous around her even though I like her?

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Bad idea. Focus on the good and forget about being nervous, you won't get over it by drawing attention to it. Try some meditation or something to relax you before you see her or do something to release endorphins.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think it would be bad. If your nervous because you like her, then thats awsome!
I don't think being nervous would chase her away. :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I´ve read a couple of times that ESFP´s dont like anxiety at all. So woul it be a bad idea to tell an ESFP female that I´m nervous around her even though I like her?

I don't know, I think that applies to their own anxiety, not other's.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
The question is, will it do you any good pointing out you get nervous around her? What are you hoping to achieve by telling her that? While she may think it's sweet she will come to the conclusion that you are not hook up material.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The question is, will it do you any good pointing out you get nervous around her? What are you hoping to achieve by telling her that? While she may think it's sweet she will come to the conclusion that you are not hook up material.

Maybe, but depending on how he's been acting, it might clear up a lot of misconceptions. I know people are confusing when their nervous. Maybe telling her that he's nervous will explain a lot.. It depends on the situation.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Too vague a question to give a helpful response.

Why are you nervous? What are you nervous about? What do you expect to achieve by telling her this?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Confidence is one of the most attractive traits in females and males.

Telling her you're anxious will only make her feel uncomfortable. I take it you would do this to gain her reassurances? Which is understandable. Skip the anxious part and just tell her you like her :)

HomerSoprano

MBTI Type
INTP
Too vague a question to give a helpful response.

Why are you nervous? What are you nervous about? What do you expect to achieve by telling her this?

I´m nervous because she´s superhot and flirtatious. And she´s communicating in a way that is very direct and that´s something that I´m far from used to. Since I´m an INTP I have a hard time expressing my feelings and telling her that I´m nervous is easier than telling her I like her and in my book not exactly the same thing. And I´m very often nervous around girls so telling her that is one step further to telling her I like her.

And by telling her this my intentions is to make her understand I´m intrested in her and want to get know her a little bit better and that I might come across as too distant if I don´t because she was surprised the first time I flirted with her.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Maybe, but depending on how he's been acting, it might clear up a lot of misconceptions. I know people are confusing when their nervous. Maybe telling her that he's nervous will explain a lot.. It depends on the situation.

I agree with this. ESFPs don't like anxiety in themselves, I'm not sure "I'm nervous cause you are so hot" is bad, you aren't giving THEM anxiety.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I´m nervous because she´s superhot and flirtatious. And she´s communicating in a way that is very direct and that´s something that I´m far from used to. Since I´m an INTP I have a hard time expressing my feelings and telling her that I´m nervous is easier than telling her I like her and in my book not exactly the same thing. And I´m very often nervous around girls so telling her that is one step further to telling her I like her.

And by telling her this my intentions is to make her understand I´m intrested in her and want to get know her a little bit better and that I might come across as too distant if I don´t because she was surprised the first time I flirted with her.

Then the answer is NO.

N. O.

Telling an ESFP that she makes you anxious/nervous is basically telling them that you'll be an energy drain. Give it time... your anxiety will diminish.

And if it doesn't, then you should look elsewhere. Why? Because your energy source is introverted, and being in a relationship with an extrovert (esp an extreme extrovert like the ESFP) who makes you anxious will lterally drive you crazy.

A little sexual tension is one thing...anxiety is another.

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
i'm an ESFP and i've dated a VERY anxious, bipolar INTP.
I'd say that we're opposite ends of the spectrum.
His nervousness and general 'air du mystere' was really attractive to me, and it worked for me. That flatters me that he was nervous.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I think you could say it in a way that is flirtatious and flattering to her. You could say "you're so pretty you make me nervous", but look her in the eye and give a wry smile with it. That way it doesn't seem needy and insecure.

HomerSoprano

MBTI Type
INTP
i'm an ESFP and i've dated a VERY anxious, bipolar INTP.
I'd say that we're opposite ends of the spectrum.
His nervousness and general 'air du mystere' was really attractive to me, and it worked for me. That flatters me that he was nervous.

Is there anything else that the INTP flattered you with that only he did? MBTI wise of course. If you´re into socionics, have you read up on the duality between INTP and ESFP?

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Is there anything else that the INTP flattered you with that only he did? MBTI wise of course. If you´re into socionics, have you read up on the duality between INTP and ESFP?

Do keep in mind that typology is meant to be descriptive. If you let it guides you you'll fail.

HomerSoprano

MBTI Type
INTP
Just found out she´s a psychopath, used to be suspicious but am now 100% sure. Glad I never had anything more to do with her. And I´m not the type of person who throws these kinds of labels around easily.

Damir

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
when im nervous around girls i always ask for a kiss, or a hug, to clam me :))))
you should try it hahh

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just found out she´s a psychopath, used to be suspicious but am now 100% sure. Glad I never had anything more to do with her. And I´m not the type of person who throws these kinds of labels around easily.

ummm, what? how do you know? are you using the term psychopath loosly or is she really a psychopath? any wonder you were nervous :huh: