• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Fellow ISXPs: What's it like for you when you're bummed out?

B

brainheart

Just wondering. I get very lethargic, isolationist, like I want to crawl in a hole. At the same time I have this anxiety, pissed-off sort of feeling, like I want to break something.

The only thing that makes me feel better is physical activity or accomplishing something.

What's it like for you?

B

brainheart

Would you presume that to be Ni?

I think I'm really displeased with this place at the moment and I'm trying to decide whether I should bolt or whether it's worth it to muscle through. All I'm getting at the moment is negativity from it, like Alice realizing that they're just a pack of cards in Wonderland.

Not to change the topic or anything...

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
I hear you...for all the dross there are some interesting things that happen here. If you have the time, patience and energy it is frequently amusing and somtimes quite addictive. I've noticed in the last two years it undergoes a cyclic change...I rarely post but I check in at least 3 or 4 times a week to see what's up...A number of interesting participants have wandered off or post very little. it seems well run and has the potential to be much more than it is currently, but wait around it may get more interesting. You probably won't get many responses to threads if they are not "edgy" enough, irreverant or pitched to engage specific groups rather than a broad consensus. I take many of the members here seriously and would like to know their opinions....I just don't have the style to elicit many responses. Good Luck, I find your posts here part of the good stuff.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Modern life is often at odds with human design. Noting your observation of how physical activity helps lift a mood by the miracle of endorphins.

Technology also seems to facilitate social isolation, in that even in public many of us continue to be wired into the black box. Paying attention to our music, a phone call or an email vs. experiencing and casually interacting within the public environment we find ourselves in.

My own opinion is that I find it ironic the contrast between being more connected than ever, finds people often feeling more socially disconnected than ever in their daily lives.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Would you presume that to be Ni?

I think I'm really displeased with this place at the moment and I'm trying to decide whether I should bolt or whether it's worth it to muscle through. All I'm getting at the moment is negativity from it, like Alice realizing that they're just a pack of cards in Wonderland.

Not to change the topic or anything...

I hope you don't leave. Just forget the negativity here... it's not even worth your time. Some people will combine ignorance with certainty and that can definitely be tough to take. But they don't make up the majority here (I don't think...) :blush:

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Rise above the negativity! Get more Te!

1) Find a "pleasant" image to stare at.
2) Take a shower
3) ...
4) You're all refreshed and ready to go.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Wash dishes. Vacuum.
SPs need purposeful action.
That's all.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Change of scenery helps me.

Road trips clear my head. Even if it's not that far away. As long as it's a place I've never been.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
i'll bet it's just the act of driving. Purposeful action is the key.
LOVE a road trip...even if it's to the corner.

wolfy

awsm
Just wondering. I get very lethargic, isolationist, like I want to crawl in a hole. At the same time I have this anxiety, pissed-off sort of feeling, like I want to break something.

The only thing that makes me feel better is physical activity or accomplishing something.

What's it like for you?

I am similar. I feel trapped, especially if I have no leverage. My mind gets trapped in a kind of cycle. I typically snap out of it by finding some point where I can lever it the way I want it or work towards that.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm not a member of the SP club, but I can identify with a lot of this.

Except for the part about cleaning ... all of you can just keep on handling that one.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Depending on the issue, I usually like to talk my thoughts out loud to my husband so that I have a better understand of my thoughts and emotion. Not that anything needs to be fixed, but he knows me well enough to provides an objective opinion. It seems that sometimes I need to work through my emotions before I can make a decision.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

The fault, dear brainheart, lies not in the SP Arthouse, but in ourselves...

The negativity or positivity rests in your expectations and perception of this website, not in the website itself, or the posts written anonymously herein.

SPs come here for two things: to gather information or to perform. Once you clarify why you are here, and spend some time doing some purposeful action, your expectations and perception may dramatically change.

SPs look in the mirror and what they see often determines how they feel about themselves. What Ns see in the mirror is determined by how they are feeling.

SPs: I look great ergo I feel great. I look like hell, I feel like hell.

Ns: I feel great ergo I look fabulous. I feel crappy ergo I look like crap.

Pay attention to your sensory needs. Hanging out on a website is low on the SP totem pole.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When I'm upset or angry, I have to get away from the thing that caused me to be angry. I have to be alone to cry or write or dance-something. Once I get all that added energy out, then I'm usually ok.

When it comes to being here on the site, I've been hurt by a couple a things. But I started to realize that I'm never going to appeal to everyone, so why not just have fun with it. Nobody knows me here, so if they get lippy then I can just respond with a funny joke or something. I'm usually not into getting into debates and things with people unless it strikes my value system, so I've learned to not care. Even though I still do...the way I approach things quickly changes how I feel about the situation and I'm good to go.

B

brainheart

The fault, dear brainheart, lies not in the SP Arthouse, but in ourselves...

The negativity or positivity rests in your expectations and perception of this website, not in the website itself, or the posts written anonymously herein.

SPs come here for two things: to gather information or to perform. Once you clarify why you are here, and spend some time doing some purposeful action, your expectations and perception may dramatically change.

SPs look in the mirror and what they see often determines how they feel about themselves. What Ns see in the mirror is determined by how they are feeling.

SPs: I look great ergo I feel great. I look like hell, I feel like hell.

Ns: I feel great ergo I look fabulous. I feel crappy ergo I look like crap.

Pay attention to your sensory needs. Hanging out on a website is low on the SP totem pole.

Interesting. I never thought of this.

You are right. So right. I've been spending too much time on here.

And I did do the dishes and clean up (while listening to music) and it helped substantially.

You all are very cool. :)