• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Hay guise... u mad?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I saw the "pissed at this forum" thread, and I had a few thoughts I'd like to share -

1. The distinctions we've made because the board's separated into four categories seem to be at the root of all of this. For example, I think xNTPs and xSTPs have a lot more in common with each other than xNTPs and xNTJs do, when it comes to general approach at life. Looking at functions, that makes sense, since two of the functions are the same in the former comparison, while all four are different in the latter.

2. Intuitors don't do a good job hiding their arrogance. I'll admit that. I'll also admit that most of it came about as a defense reaction to feeling isolated while growing up. If I've pissed you off doing that, I'm sorry, it was wrong of me, and let me know in the future so I can fix it.

3. You're probably right in that there aren't as many intuitors as stated on this site, but at the same time, there are more than in the general population, simply because people aren't attracted to psychology if they feel normal. One thing you'll find among most Ns here, and I hope I'm not overreaching, is that even though they may be happy and confident about life, they don't feel normal and more disturbingly, are becoming aware that they never will. I'm not saying that many of you do not share the same feelings, because everyone feels that way at some point. However, it is a more constant refrain for Ns.

4. Sensors aren't stupid. You just learn things in a different way than intuitors do. Working together, we play to our strengths and accomplish far more than any of us could do alone. For example, science would go nowhere if sensors (that is, the applied side) didn't constantly point out to intuitors (theoreticists) that while their thought patterns might look good, you better show some evidence that it actually works.

Thanks for y'all's time.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The one thing I've found I do not like about mbti/TypeC is that people here can sometimes take it as a competitive team sport. There's a certain divide and prejudice that comes with displaying your type.

Avoid type snobbery if you can, plz

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like the forum structure, and take no issue with how anyone chooses to express them self.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Working together, we play to our strengths and accomplish far more than any of us could do alone. For example, science would go nowhere if sensors (that is, the applied side) didn't constantly point out to intuitors (theoreticists) that while their thought patterns might look good, you better show some evidence that it actually works.

This is an excellent statement.

OMT and I are friends.

We have many common interests, similar humor (debauchery), and share 3 of 4
MBTI characteristics: EXTP.

OMT is an intuitor; I am a Sensor.

Neither of us gets our panties in a wad over the other's secondary function.

This is because we are real people who use the MBTI theoretical model to understand human characteristics, but it is only ONE of MANY tools in our arsenal.

Unfortunately, there are people who determine their type, read a few high-level type descriptions, remember everything positive about theirs, and everything negative about everyone elses', and then go on a posting rampage here making utter fools of themselves.

It is best not to let such incidents ruin your own perception of MBTI, this site, or other people. Take it for what it is. Someone is posting without thinking. Someone is making large extrapolations about real people when they have no qualified basis to do so. This happens all the time. At times I have retorted to such posts, quite a few actually. But as time goes on I let more and more go, as they are not worth my time. I'd rather spend my time here interacting with the many intelligent and interesting folks that aren't consumed with categorizing the rest of the world with simplistic (and sometimes derogatory) stereotypes.

In short, I think that if an ESTP and an ENTP, two types with many similarities but just as many distinctions, did cooperate in some type of joint venture, the results would be nothing short of awe inspiring. I say that because I think it is reflective of how broad a range of overall possibilities are accomodated if you have diversity of thought between sensing and intuition. Master the here and now, visualize what could be, and forge a path to turn that vision into a great new reality. That's what happens if only two different types work together. Now take a moment to reflect on how much greater of an accomplishment could be brought to fruition if ALL 16 types worked TOGETHER.

Crazy stuff, huh? :newwink:

Can't we all just get along? :rofl1:

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Since type is on a continuum, it is irrelevant. What matters is what we choose to do and how we choose to act. As Thomas Aquinas said of astrology: the stars are indicative, not determinative. So too with types...they are indicative, not determinative. WE determine who we become and how we interact. We determine our journey along the E/I, N/S, T/F and J/P continuum.That is the essence of free will. All of creation yearns for fullness of being...it is we who give our assent or our denial.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since type is on a continuum, it is irrelevant. What matters is what we choose to do and how we choose to act. As Thomas Aquinas said of astrology: the stars are indicative, not determinative. So too with types...they are indicative, not determinative. WE determine who we become and how we interact. We determine our journey along the E/I, N/S, T/F and J/P continuum.That is the essence of free will. All of creation yearns for fullness of being...it is we who give our assent or our denial.

Great post. :nice:

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Why pursue this fruitless path of destruction knowing it will hurt you a million times more than it will hurt me?

Did someone say there is no fix? Any survivor will tell you there is always a fix. There is always a solution.

The only times there are no solutions to a problem are if you give up or don't want a solution.

In math there are NP Hard problems that are said to be the hardest problems to solve, almost no solution. What are the solutions? Use a different technique to get a close to the result as possible. It may not be optimal. It may not be the exact solution you are looking for but it is at least a solution. The classic example is the Travelling salesman problem. If we did not have a relatively simple solution to this problem we would not have Google maps or GPS directions.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why pursue this fruitless path of destruction knowing it will hurt you a million times more than it will hurt me?

Did someone say there is no fix? Any survivor will tell you there is always a fix. There is always a solution.

The only times there are no solutions to a problem are if you give up or don't want a solution.

In math there are NP Hard problems that are said to have no solutions. What are the solutions? Use a different technique to get a close to the result as possible. It may not be optimal. It may not be the exact solution you are looking for but it is at least a solution. The classic example is the Travelling salesman problems. If we did not have some kind of solution to this problem we would not have Google maps or GPS directions.

Boy, that clarifies everything. :huh:

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, it does. I want to find a resolution this mess and all you want to do it prolong it. For what reason I cannot imagine. It is any surprise I am frustrated by now?

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
No surprise at all. There is no resolution to evolution...just ongoing creation. Hence your eternal frustration.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
wildlife-monkeys-hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This person, Victor, and Jack Flak are all secretly the same person! :ninja:

More conspiracy theories abound involving Victor being a character created by one mastermind.

Jaguar has also claimed to impersonate Simulated World, and Evil Robot is most likely the product of the mind which has created Banana Trombones, Edgar, and Entropie.

However, the same Evil Robot informed me yesterday that he and I were both created by the same troll genius, there by making me not a real person.