• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Do any other SPs get pissed the hell off on this forum?

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
instead of SP Central it should just be called what it is - Awesome Central.

robosaurusvb8.jpg

That robosaurus must be an admin and run around and engulf trolls in flames. This is not optional.

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Hahaha! Come on, do people really take this place that seriously? Just remember that the only person who knows you is you. If somebody thinks they know better, prove 'em wrong.

Really, who are we? Just a bunch of people with computers and some books, that's all. We can use these resources how we like, but nobody really knows anything for sure. Making huge generalisations about people (we call them 'types') based on these resources can be humorous and insightful, or they can be divisive and hateful. Just don't take it too seriously and you'll be fine.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm very stereotypically ISTP in my line of work...and people are always SHOCKED to find out I have a master's degree in Latin and philosophy.

One thing I have discovered is that Europeans accept, if not expect, that a person pursue a variety of interests and activities. Americans find that upsetting and demand a singular focus...you can't be an athlete and a scholar...an artist and a successful business person...a poet and a car mechanic...or all of them combined.

We Americans are in some ways the most conventional and rigid of peoples.

This right here just cleared alot of stuff for me up.
For the longest time I wondered why everyone around has 1 thing they put their whole hearts into. They go to college for that 1 thing and never have any problems with deciding what they want from life.
But I have this problem because i want to do EVERYTHING! I can't decide on one thing I want to major in. I want to dabble in anything I can. My interests are many and I can't just decide to be/do one thing.

There are so many things out there, why settle for one?

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
Sometimes, the forum gets to be a bit too toxic.

I've seen worse, seriously, in the way of toxicity. I'm new here but kinda like it. A place where the premise is that people don't have to all think the same, don't have to act the same, and in fact you really can't expect that in life. Yeah.

To ayoitsStepho (and McRumi):

I, too, very much liked McRumi's take on being well-rounded. Your wanting "to do EVERYTHING!" is wonderful. Whatever profession(s) you end up in, I think your intelligent curiosity will make you a better employee (or freelancer or small business owner) -- balanced, valuable, one who can understand the big picture in a company or in co-worker interactions.

Like McRumi, apparently, I don't wear my knowledge and varied interests on my sleeve. People have told me I'm like an onion, with layers that surprise them.

Life contains so much that's intriguing and amazing! Everywhere!

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
The Ns here just feel too persecuted in real life, so they have to come here and flip the tables a bit, is all.

And I concur about most of them probably being S's anyway. MBTI causes WAY too much confusion on that issue. That's why I subscribe to KTT.

DaPerformer

It's getting to the point that I'm not sure I can be on here any longer, the ignorance about what it means to be an SP (or SJ) vs NT and NF is beginning to make me see red.

Anyone else feel like that?

I mean seriously, it's driving me f'in nuts.

I'm glad I read this thread. I've felt some some of the animosity toward my type that you speak of here. What we are experiencing is prejudice, pure and simple, and it is not new. I let it get me down a bit when I first joined, but I am weighing the good and the bad and moving forward, because I am truly interested in improving myself, and I feel I can probably gain some insight. Myers-Briggs, as I understand it, is supposed to help people help themselves, by giving understanding of potential natural tendancies within their defined types. What many people seem to forget is that, it is common for us to not follow a natural tendancy, either by upbringing or life experience, so it doesn't define who we are. But our understanding that it could be there is helpful. My first exposure to this type of psychological instrument has been Myers-Briggs. I'm currently exploring the five factor model now as well.

Someone else said "lead by example" earlier in this thread, and that is what we need to do. The truth is, no one can know another person without getting to know them.

B

brainheart

I've realized that I really can't go anywhere on here except the SP forum, especially the 'typing' celebrities threads. If I stick to my own kind, all good! (Eye roll)

Funny, because a big chunk of my friends irl are of the intuitive variety-

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I've realized that I really can't go anywhere on here except the SP forum, <snip>. If I stick to my own kind, all good! (Eye roll)

Funny, because a big chunk of my friends irl are of the intuitive variety-

+1

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol... NOBODY except for about 3 people gets ANYWHERE in the celeb typing threads, so don't feel bad about that! (unless it's typing a type that is of the unsavory variety on the site, like sensors :newwink:)

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm perfectly happy to be an "unsavory" type. At least, I won't get cooked and eaten as would a more "tasty" type.
:D:D:nerd::hi::devil:

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Something like that. I miss the Big Boys Toys show in NZ

I'm with Halla! That looks like so much fun! :D

I, too, very much liked McRumi's take on being well-rounded. Your wanting "to do EVERYTHING!" is wonderful. Whatever profession(s) you end up in, I think your intelligent curiosity will make you a better employee (or freelancer or small business owner) -- balanced, valuable, one who can understand the big picture in a company or in co-worker interactions.

Life contains so much that's intriguing and amazing! Everywhere!

+1. I've never known what I really wanted to do forever. I like a lot of things and picking a major in school was definitely harder than picking what job to take afterwards.

...I am truly interested in improving myself, and I feel I can probably gain some insight. Myers-Briggs, as I understand it, is supposed to help people help themselves, by giving understanding of potential natural tendancies within their defined types. What many people seem to forget is that, it is common for us to not follow a natural tendancy, either by upbringing or life experience, so it doesn't define who we are. But our understanding that it could be there is helpful.

Someone else said "lead by example" earlier in this thread, and that is what we need to do.

I've mainly used MBTI to improve upon myself. At least I'd like to think so. Secondarily I've used to to understand how other types work. Of course it's not perfect. People are exact molds of the types they lean towards.

After reading about how different types work, and certain weaknesses that are typical of ISTPs, I can use that to not ALWAYS hurt people's feelings as is usually the case with me 'cause I'm callous and insensitive a lot of the time. I can at least let people know in advance that I'm usually the bitch in the group, that I don't pick up on stupid hints and that if they ask me a question I will give them a blunt, honest answer. While I inform them of these fact, I *am* trying to fix these flaws about me. I never know if I'm making much progress 'cause no one really provides feedback on particular actions. Once again, it's about telling the emperor he's not wearing any clothes*. I srsly don't pick up on these things. Why can't my friends just tell me I'm acting like an idiot?

*Side note: Not enough people know that story. I keep using the phrase and I get looks from folks like I'm retarded.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Wasn't the first man on the moon Neil Armstrong an ISTP? I mean that just shows the intelligence and strength of the sensor.

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
I've never faced any prejudice. :)

Sunny Ghost

I think I just have to stay away from all of the popular culture typing threads. They make me really angry, one, because people have the presumption to 'just know' what a person's type is and they give little to no evidence and disagree with what evidence you give because they use their intuition which is something complicated that intuitives understand and that's why I'm not getting it and evidence proves nothing; and two, anyone who does anything original or wacky must be an NT or NF.

I am not saying most NTs and NFs do this, of course, but some most decidedly do.

I agree with you here. I've noticed over typing celebrities and characters, that just because someone is creative verbally with say song lyrics or the like, that some want to automatically cross SP off the list. I've been quite irritated over some of the pop culture typing threads as well, and just stopped visiting that section.

But, we shouldn't let that stop us from expressing our opinions. And I agree with someones statement on here, that we should just lead by example and show that SP's are just as creative, or hardworking, or whatever, as the next type. We just have particular preferences that are natural, but that doesn't make us incapable of other areas.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
^ For real. Altho if the N's want to take on the "creative" artists that rhyme "fat" with "phat"...then by all means do it!! lol :D

I was pretty good at making up poems in school, I just needed a topic to run with. And I was in drawing class for a few years which was a lot of fun. I learned random stuff from the teacher that can be applied to daily life...like taking control of the pencil/paint brush, making it do what you want it to do. And so I've applied that to all sports/outdoor activities. Control the ball. Don't just let it fly around. Use the tools you have at your disposal. Don't use the 9H pencil for the dark stuff.

Anyway, I'm not the most creative person ever, I don't come up with fanciful stories about dragons and princesses or space invaders or anything...but it works for me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I should write a story about a dragon princess who IS a space invader... that'll show everyone :cool: