• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Do any other SPs get pissed the hell off on this forum?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As the only ESTP in Vent on a regular basis, I understand what you're talking about all too well.

I've been told that I'm too scatter-brained to follow complex thoughts, that I'm not intellectual nor am I capable of being intellectual, that I'm the type of person who would believe the WWF was real, that I am "the queen of sensor talk" meant to suggest that I'm only capable of idiotic prattle, and my personal favorites, that I'm not capable of commitment, that I'm promiscuous emotionally and sexually, and that I'm basically an uncultured brute.

What's ironic is that I'm probably innately more intelligent than most of the supposed NT geniuses who accuse me of being stupid. Just because I don't go around masturbating to my own intellect doesn't mean I'm a caveman.

Yep, there is definitely a sensor bias around these parts.

I'd also like to point out that most of the NFs and NTs here are probably SFs and STs. There is so much Intuitive worshipping in this place due to a lack of understanding that I think many people have mistyped themselves, purposefully or unknowingly, to feel special or fit in with the masses. A couple of thousand intuitives versus a few hundred sensors, viewed with an understanding that 75% of the world is comprised of sensors, cannot be accurate..

Yea, I've already figured that out..... does appear to be many mistypes, but wherever you go, there are going to be those who are just dying to fit in, receive attention, and/or rise to the top of the social ladder. I doubt many istp's are going to lie, if they are like me. I tend to enjoy rebelling against the norm, whatever it may be, but I will accept anyone, whether they fit in or not. These days my rebellion is becoming less, because I've just accepted the way things are moreso, and it takes a whole lot more to irritate me, so there's less to rebel against. Rebelling isn't as appealing to me as it once was. I guess I got bored with rebelling against social groups. I think if they are happy, more power to them, but many times, it's just not my thing. I suppose that the more I know about people, the less challenging it becomes. It just is what it is. Totally just feel comfortable with the whole scenario and where I fit into it. And that's my way of "fitting in". I like all sorts of people and find them interesting, regardless of what they think about me.

I personally don't think S's as a whole are scatter-brains or less intellectual, but that they use their intellect in different ways. You, for instance, are street smart, and many istp's admire those qualities in people. It all comes down to what a person sees as being important to their own success. I, for instance, am very irritated by people who can't change or alter their opinions or ideas easily, people who do the same things day-in-and-day-out, no matter what new information is thrown at them. I've realized this is a real problem for me, so I'm on my way to changing it. I think it's because I see that the ability to change rather quickly has always been integral to my success at anything I set out to do. So others who can't do it, well, in the past I have thought of them as stupid, but I realize now that they were just different, that although I could see where improvements would change their lives for the better, they were content to remain in the position they were in forever. I realize that a lot of people view "holes" in my way, and that many also think that because of them, I am stupid. (I can't imagine any estp thinking the wwf is real, although I suppose stranger things have happened lol).

Some of us can show commitment to certain things when we need or want them badly enough, it is just done on a day-to-day basis and it takes some work (Michael Jordan, for instance, showed undying commitment, although he acted very non-committal about certain things). Me, I've been in a relationship for 7 years and never cheated a day, mainly because I realized at some point that cheap sex was not worth hurting someone else and crumbling something very important to me. Many times I act more non-committal than I am in reality, because I need to create space..... Promiscuity can be fun, when it works out. I've usually been disappointed by it honestly, because it was always a lot better in my head than it was in action. Sorry, but I've been known to revel in those things in the past lol..... uncultured brute, I would tend to agree with that in some ways for me, but certainly not all. I think my point is that I'm pretty happy with the stereotypes. I accept them, and I've learned to grow within them. All in all, yes, we are all born with certain tendencies, but many of us learn to manage them well and to change them. Being non-committal is one thing I generally am, but that doesn't mean I can't ever show commitment.

ISTP's have a way of being able to understand complexities, but that doesn't mean that they communicate with others in that way. I think that is misunderstood, because we can be poor at verbal skills and communication. Many times also, we just like to observe others and not take part in it. We are also very private and like to keep much of what we think, to ourselves. And if it looks like a duck, and it acts like a duck, it must be a duck.......many people, including me many times, fail to see what's under the covers.

So anyways, I expect that certain people will view me in certain negative ways, but I really don't give a rat's a**...... LoL, and I will like them regardless of how they view me. I refuse to allow the prejudices and limitations of others to control me or what I think about them.

I find that I also tend to stereotype according to type, but I think it's because I really am pretty new to mbti and don't even know what all of the stereotypes are yet. I generally do know that many people can manage their tendencies well and to even act against them when needed. I think the more I observe and study the types, a better and more complex picture will emerge.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah, the "SPs are monkeys" stereotype. A congregation of moody angsty forumers have little bearing on my life. Only the people who know me IRL have the right to judge, and the privilege of my concern for it. For example, I don't think there are many monkeys who run their own businesses. I'm the one that signs the NTs' paychecks...who happen to be decades older. :cheese:

KDude

It's annoying that "Te" gets trumped up a lot as the function overseeing "action" and "doing things"..

When it's Se.

Yet, Se gets redefined as passive and overseeing pointless shit.. like "smelling Pizza".

It's also annoying that N doms of both types skip over pertinent details about reality, and sometimes reach smug conclusions about subjects that are more nuanced. They basically have a cliffnotes view on the outside world, and that's only seen as a "positive" to them. It's positive and negative.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel your pain guys. And I like what you said [MENTION=8494]Pettycure[/MENTION] . But like [MENTION=13653]ICUP[/MENTION] says, I don't see ISTPs for sure lying about their type because I couldn't give a flying fuck what any NTs or NFs or anyone for that matter thinks of me. And I like being an SP. I totally wouldn't trade that up merely so people viewed me as more intellectual.
A lot of people don't see the real me. They just see the public me. When in reality there is a lot more. Oh well, unlucky for them.

SP and proud :)

Steem

MBTI Type
ESFP
esfp's are hated by intj's

and most nt's say S woman are sluts and whores...

but as a guy esfp its weird on those threads

t's make fun of f's too

blar

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I find some of the people in this forum to be such pansies. Like complaining or talking about extremely trivial things I wouldn't even second guess. There is definitely an S/N bias but luckily it's only in this forum and not in the real world where things actually matter.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
esfp's are hated by intj's

and most nt's say S woman are sluts and whores...

but as a guy esfp its weird on those threads

t's make fun of f's too

blar

that's almost like a haiku.

but not really.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From what I've seen it's pretty much every man for himself.

INTPs make fun of INTJs
NTPs are trolls
INFPs are crybabies
NFJs are manipulative and fake
STJs are control freaks
TPs are by default criminals
nobody understands the poor ENFJs
only ENFPs see "the light"
ESFPs are sluts
ISTPs are all potential killers
ISFPs are push overs
ENTPs have a black whole for a heart
ENTJs kill babies to advance their careers

The list goes on.

Getting mad over this is giving some very confused individuals power over my life.

I personally prefer to show the finger to all the labeling and be my own man.

Then again, that's my type :shrug:

YuenTaengu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Am i the only NT here? ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ Although i cant relate to S people well, because most of the s people dont talk about what we n talks, but that doesnt mean u are worst or better, and neither should u say that we look down on s, because firstly, not all ns look down and some dont even bother much abt mbti, we are just different but that doesnt make one superior to the other. Secondly, i can explain why u say some ns look down on s, because ns are supposingly rarer than s, so these ns think highly of themselves, i have friends who are intps and entjs who are so proud of themselves... And perhaps because most politicans and reknowned scientists and ns? So the nts assume they are better, but everyone is special in their own way and because ur weak pt is someones strong pt so the world complements each other

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I disappeared for a bit due to bias and the fact that there's a lot more going on in the real world than on a forum like this. But I'm back baby.

Papereria

What a welcoming thread. I'm so glad I clicked on this one first! This is one of the most discouraging threads I've ever read. Is the whole board like this? Or is it just this part in particular? If this is the example you mean to set... I think I'll exit stage right and go read a book.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
The worst stereotype I've heard so far is that sensors cannot think deeply and are very shallow thinkers. I once read an article on Celebrity types that said that sensing should've been called intuition because sensors see the concrete patterns and act on impulse and that intuition should be called introspection because intuitives make random assumptions from within their heads and seldom take concrete action unless their assumption tells them to. Idk if I'm wording it exactly the way the admin wrote it, but he is a professional psychologist that does real research instead of sitting around of type forums and typing fictional characters based on equally fictional stereotypes. I even read a guy on reddit saying that Celebrity types has the only valid mbti information on the internet. Irdk whether that's true or not but I think you better check it out CelebrityTypes.com

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The worst stereotype I've heard so far is that sensors cannot think deeply and are very shallow thinkers. I once read an article on Celebrity types that said that sensing should've been called intuition because sensors see the concrete patterns and act on impulse and that intuition should be called introspection because intuitives make random assumptions from within their heads and seldom take concrete action unless their assumption tells them to. Idk if I'm wording it exactly the way the admin wrote it, but he is a professional psychologist that does real research instead of sitting around of type forums and typing fictional characters based on equally fictional stereotypes. I even read a guy on reddit saying that Celebrity types has the only valid mbti information on the internet. Irdk whether that's true or not but I think you better check it out CelebrityTypes.com

The idea that sensors cannot think deeply or are shallow is incredibly stupid. How many INXX men, for instance, are forever alone because they keep on expecting to date 10s when they are 5s?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah it does seem pretty dumb. I think generally the most stereotyping happens in the two dichtonomies that determine function(N/S and F/T) Ns are seen as smarter and more creative than S's and feelers are seen as the wimpy crybaby types that can't handle logical decisions. But take this for a fact, I'm Fi and I seldom cry, some people even type me as a thinket because I analyze things and I'm tough. Even though I am a fiesty feeler, every punch I throw or insult I blurt out is towards people that defy my personal values, which makes me Fi. Tobias Eaton was ISFJ, and sure he didn't like the idea of shooting his father or knocking countless men out, but he was still a badass.
The idea that sensors cannot think deeply or are shallow is incredibly stupid. How many INXX men, for instance, are forever alone because they keep on expecting to date 10s when they are 5s?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly I think the S stereotyping is getting a lot better the past few years vs what it was on personality forums, well, when I first joined, long long ago. You still see silly statements by newbies, or in type-me threads, but I think type-me threads are always going to be a challenge because there really isn't any objective way to type people that anyone can agree upon (it's not a hard science), so everyone uses different methods and it can easily start falling into super tiny detailed behaviors, vs what it's supposed to be which is more holistic preferences and overarching patterns of thought/cognition. i.e. we all can do the same behaviors and like the same things, but we get there in different ways and for different reasons. Sure there are trends, but there's way more complexity than a lot of people utilize.

But yeah, the dumb stereotypes I *think* aren't as bad as they used to be.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Don't stress about the stereotypes. It's hard to understand someone else's perspective and experiences without getting to know them. Bitching and whining about it likely won't fix it. Being who you are, posting, sharing your thoughts and experiences is the only way to show people what you're all about and reshape their understanding.

Lot's of people perpetuate the 'SJ's are humorless prudes with sticks up their asses' thing. Most of the people on the forum who have gotten to know me seem to find me funny and lighthearted for the most part. And I don't think many of them would contest that I am an ISTJ.

If someone's spouting some sort of stereotype that you feel is unfair, just give them your input/experience/perspective and do your best to reshape their understanding little by little.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
S/N bias is bullshit.
You are as intelligent
As you make yourself.
It's all about how well
You use your mind.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm glad this was bumped because it led me to read it again and remember just how brilliant my responses were. Thanks. :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes at externally pushed opinionated stupidity. I wish people knew the difference between opinion and truth and desired outcome. :doh: