• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Seinfeld fans

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I was doing homework the other night with two classmates - one I'm best friends (Tony) with and the other is a newer friend from the class (Jacob)...

They both came to the conclusion that I'm super-duper similar to Jerry Seinfeld - from the show, of course.

I've actually tried watching the show and I can't stomach it! I've never thought he was funny, the stand-up humor was too dry and his friends are stupid and melodramatic. Or that's my impression. So I never watched anymore of it.

Tony and Jacob both agreed that we're similar because:
1) I'm a totally logical thinker (and if you're a fan of the show, the episode when Kramer and George get spit on and Jerry demonstrates why the scenario wasn't possible is a good example).
2) I always want to know what the point of something is.
3) Apparently I have a dry sense of humor...
4) In the season 7 finale, Jerry dated Jeannie Steinman (played by Janeane Garofalo) and he decided that he didn't like people who were just like him - and I usually don't like people who are just like me (not a strong dislike, I just don't really care for them being around, they don't bring a new dynamic to anything if they're just like me...).
5) When people tell me I'm funny - I have no idea what was so funny about what I did/said.
6) I eat a lot of cereal (and my favorite is Cheerios).
7) I've been told various times that I'd be good at stand-up.

Is this an ISTP thing?

Since I'm not a fan of the show, I don't really know what Jerry is like.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I always thought Seinfeld was an ISTJ... he's very neat you know.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've always thought Seinfeld was ISTP. I can definitely relate to his TP nature, but he's more aloof and down to earth than I am. Also he has a few other traits I relate to, like the Peter Pan syndrome. Anyway I'm pretty sure he's ISTP. He fits the type fairly closely.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've got a Peter Pan complex too! I try not to show it when I'm in class or at work - and I usually succeed - but it's definitely there!!

Oh, I'm also really good at being unemotional. Almost like the emotions don't exist...

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harhar. I love Seinfeild.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i love seinfeld too! lol from the description you gave of yourself it sounds like you are very similar to his character. i can relate when you say that at times you can't stand being around ppl who are just like you. in my case, i can't really stand being round ppl who are too mushy and emo, i think i'm enough of that for whoever i'm with.

FrisbeeLad

MBTI Type
ISTP
I always thought Seinfeld was an ISTJ... he's very neat you know.

I always thought he was an ENTJ. One of my best friends is an ENTJ that LOVED Seinfeld and those two (my friend and the Seinfeld TV character) seemed incredibly similar to me.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Honor amongst thieves. IMO, ISTPs come together through common interests.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
1) I'm a totally logical thinker (and if you're a fan of the show, the episode when Kramer and George get spit on and Jerry demonstrates why the scenario wasn't possible is a good example).

I hate to be the nerd here but it was Kramer and Newman that got spit on.

And not all Jerry's friends are stupid, George Costanza is a genius.

B

ByMySword

Seinfeld is the best sit-com ever! Every time I watch it, I feel like I am experiencing the Summer of George! End of Analysis! :D

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
:shock:

Is there such a thing?

Yes. Watch Seinfeld :p

My sense of humor is dry, and I don't think I'm funny most of the time. So other dry people don't strike me as funny either. I don't know why some things I say are funny anyway :rolli:

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I've always suspected that Seinfeld was an ENTJ. The show tends to appeal to 'N types' quite strongly in my experience.

alicia91

I have no clue about their types (I don't even know if they are clearly-defined types), but I just love this show. It was one of my favorites ever. I still try to catch reruns.

heart

heart on fire
Interesting.

Jerry as ENTP

George Costanza as INTP with anima posession

Hypothesis: INTP "in the grip" of the inferior function
"Everyone has to like me"

Seinfeld

Quote: "Hypothesis: A show about Extraverted Feeling from the perspective of people who don't believe in it

Seinfeld bills itself as a "show about nothing", but really it's a show about extraverted feeling from the perspective of people who view it as a foreign, somewhat frightening world. In other words, it's a show about secondary and inferior extraverted feeling.

The plot of nearly every episode involves the characters trying to analyze what other people have obligated them into doing."

I hate to be the nerd here but it was Kramer and Newman that got spit on.

You are correct, sir.

B

ByMySword

This is making me wanna watch the whole series over again. Luckily I have every season. ;)