• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] too much istp stuff I know.....

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
If I were in an auditorium and the individual accompanying farted, I wouldn't stop to ask if it were them. I'd more likely say, "Well, why didn't you just go ahead and light it."

Oh come on, play along. He used a lie as a self-defense mechanism.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh come on, play along. He used a lie as a self-defense mechanism.

Ok, I'm game...

Lying about a fart? If it were in a humorous way, sure it'd be ok so long as
the intent were to make light of the situation. Which is an admission.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't hang out with any dude that's hung about about farting.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Ok, I'm game...

Lying about a fart? If it were in a humorous way, sure it'd be ok so long as
the intent were to make light of the situation. Which is an admission.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't hang out with any dude that's hung about about farting.

Right, so you want something more serious.

A person who is very closed to you has broke your favorite [insert something here]. That thing is irreplaceable and s/he totally thinks you'll flare up about it (I guess you wouldn't but let's pretend that you do). Because that person value his/er relationship with you as the highest priority, s/he denied the incident when you asked.

Would that be okay?

Edit: I might be able to provide some concrete objects as well. Let's say the person broke your computer which you stored your food spreadsheet and internet bookmarks? I wonder if those are rage worthy enough for you.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Right, so you want something more serious.

A person who is very closed to you has broke your favorite [insert something here]. That thing is irreplaceable and s/he totally thinks you'll flare up about it (I guess you wouldn't but let's pretend that you do). Because that person value his/er relationship with you as the highest priority, s/he denied the incident when you asked.

Would that be okay?

That's a difficult one for me to get my mind around. I'm a non-attachment kind of person when it comes to both people and material possessions in a Zen kind of way, but I'll give it a go.

Even though I wouldn't give a rats ass they broke it. Lying about it would demonstrate a lack of integrity.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm... I wonder what Heinel would do in those scenarios? :)

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
That's a difficult one for me to get my mind around. I'm a non-attachment kind of person when it comes to both people and material possessions in a Zen kind of way, but I'll give it a go.

Even though I wouldn't give a rats ass they broke it. Lying about it would demonstrate a lack of integrity.

Yeah, I tried to think of something that can enrage Si and failed >.>
Maybe withhold beer because you have to drive that person home after?

Anyway, the idea behind it was that I was trying to create a situation where lying is used as a self-defence, but as defence against you personally.

hmm... I wonder what Heinel would do in those scenarios? :)

I wonder actually. Normally if I sense a person is "framing" a response I automatically drop the frame too, but I will still feel bad about it. And the person get minus points from me. If they accumulate too much minus then I will gradually become more distant.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP

+1. I feel silly, but it's just about exactly how I feel about it :)

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
If I were in an auditorium and the individual accompanying farted, I wouldn't stop to ask if it were them. I'd more likely say, "Well, why didn't you just go ahead and light it."

:D

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If someone crosses a line in which I would never cross I don't think my trust can be regaining in the realm in which they crossed it. The relationship can continue on in other dynamics. It is not completely dismissed it is just different.

I rarely treat people the same way twice. So much depends on what I know about the person. I've forgiven people for the same offenses that I've cut ties with others for. A lot depends on my interpretation of their character to begin with. How much I'm emotionally invested. Lots.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
LOL.
Could be she wasn't really lying.

She said she had no money...possibly meaning she views her financial situation as not good...not that she didn't have an actual dollar bill in her pocket. NFs speak in these global terms.

Conversely, if an ISTP had said that she had no money, it would have meant they didn't have a physical dollar on them.

I have learned that if I confront them on the spot about the discrepancy, I can get a clearer idea about what she meant....THEN I can decide whether she ever gets another dime out of me.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha. People are going to be confused I just edited that story out.

I understand what you say.

I know this girl very well.

I have seen her do this many, many times with others. Always has someone paying her way. For example: Stringing an ex along so she can live rent free. My ESTJ ex and I were at a club and she was trying to get him to keep buying shots for her and her SO. He saw through her and shut her down right away.

I haven't seen this behavior exhibited toward myself until that occurred. So yeah. Not gonna give her a dime. But I love the girl. One of my closest friends actually. I just don't trust her with money.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Understood. I have a friend exactly like that. AND she has more money than I do. I laugh at it now....and find little ways to get her to pay for me...just for the fun of it.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup. She makes more than I do as well.

I should try and mix things up :) Who am I kidding. I don't have that energy. LOL.

Funny. the day after the night with me and my ex she approaches me and says, "I don't like him." She couldn't and wouldn't tell me why. It was weird.

I tell my ex about her impression of him. He laughs and explains what occurred the night at the club. I was pretty drunk therefore oblivious to subtle E dynamics ;) I laughed. "Ah! That's why she didn't like you!" He says. "I didn't like her much either." :laugh: