• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] me: "i love you" istp: <<silence>>

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
One of my closest friends is an ENTJ. They need to argue like we need to breathe. I came across this ENTJ descriptor which made both of us laugh: ENTj's wake up in the morning, take stock of the world, and tell it how it will behave. Sort of a grim and humorless ENFJ ...at their worst. But marvelous otherwise.

I still like ENFJ more :cheese:

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Oh..I'll take a ENTJ over an ENFJ any day. ENTJs do know how to stop talking. Plus, I think only the STPs have the mental toughness and sangfroid to withstand their bluster. They like it too.

Who wouldn't?

toast

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Hey, we don't talk all the time. :cry:
I actually don't talk too much in private settings with people I'm close to. I usually hate how much I talk in public settings though. You start to feel this obligation to talk even when you have nothing to say & its frustrating but nearly uncontrollable. I remember being a kid and trying to just stop talking completely because I was fed up with it... and I would see how long I could stay quiet. I went for a week and a half once, and everyone in my family freaked out so much it was unbelievable. I thought it was hilarious, but I also hated how I felt like I had to talk again.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh, now... You should be proud of having the ability to interact and make conversations in social settings.

Granted there's probably an introvert sitting in the corner, wondering...now how in the hell can those people keep coming up with all of those things to say? :)

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
oh, now... You should be proud of having the ability to interact and make conversations in social settings.

Granted there's probably an introvert sitting in the corner, wondering...now how in the hell can those people keep coming up with all of those things to say? :)

I never wonder that...I just keep hoping they keep it out of my corner.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Hey, we don't talk all the time. :cry:
I actually don't talk too much in private settings with people I'm close to. I usually hate how much I talk in public settings though. You start to feel this obligation to talk even when you have nothing to say & its frustrating but nearly uncontrollable. I remember being a kid and trying to just stop talking completely because I was fed up with it... and I would see how long I could stay quiet. I went for a week and a half once, and everyone in my family freaked out so much it was unbelievable. I thought it was hilarious, but I also hated how I felt like I had to talk again.

My family freaked out when I started selling at a farmer's market and they came to see how I was doing, convinced I would be a horrible salesman...they were shocked to see I was one of the best hawkers there. We can read faces like no other...and love being social...for about 45 seconds at a time...behind the safety of a table...talking about what we made with our own hands.

I have no doubt that those guys peddling "medicines" from travelling wagons in the Wild West were STPs.

Here today, gone tomorrow...or was it hair today, gone tomorrow....??

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh..I'll take a ENTJ over an ENFJ any day. ENTJs do know how to stop talking. Plus, I think only the STPs have the mental toughness and sangfroid to withstand their bluster. They like it too.

Who wouldn't?

:yes:

:heart: ENTJ's.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My family freaked out when I started selling at a farmer's market and they came to see how I was doing, convinced I would be a horrible salesman...they were shocked to see I was one of the best hawkers there. We can read faces like no other...and love being social...for about 45 seconds at a time...behind the safety of a table...talking about what we made with our own hands.

I have no doubt that those guys peddling "medicines" from travelling wagons in the Wild West were STPs.

Here today, gone tomorrow...or was it hair today, gone tomorrow....??

That's interesting...for the brief periods I'd do sales, damn good at it. Outsold all of the E types in the sample group. Mobility factor is appealing for that type of work, but not so sure I'd want to do it beyond a short term.

Like selling my own stuff, or a product I helped create would be cool.

Driving around pimping pills with a gazillion warnings on the label to Doctors offices...no can do.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
That's interesting...for the brief periods I'd do sales, damn good at it. Outsold all of the E types in the sample group. Mobility factor is appealing for that type of work, but not so sure I'd want to do it beyond a short term.

Driving around pimping pills with a gazillion warnings on the label to Doctors offices...no can do.

That's what I love about a farmer's market...complete flexibility...minimum gov't interference/regulations....constantly changing customer base...outdoors...festive air...cash.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I bartended at a pretty busy bar and enjoyed it and was good at it. Hustle and bustle. Banter. Quick camaraderie then off to a new customer.

But those times when it was slow...

so much of an energy drain to talk to people.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bartended at a pretty busy bar and enjoyed it and was good at it. Hustle and bustle. Banter. Quick camaraderie then off to a new customer.

yes, "energy drain" If I have to socialize for an extended period I get "overstimulated."

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

I was a drink waiter at a disco bar in my dissolute youth..perfect job...when I wasn't serving drinks i could just dance...ISTPs are performers at heart...didn't have to chat with anyone when it was slow and it was too loud to chat when it was busy...plus i was in constant motion. Navigating through the crowd with a tray full of drinks: poetry in motion.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hadn't thought of it quite like that, "performers at heart."

Myself included, I'd guess male ISTP's are among the few Introverts that like to dance. Although I'm not sure it's universal?

But I'd wager the one's that don't would enjoy some other form of co-ordinated movement like karate or something.

hmm...maybe ISFP's too.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always thought I'd be a good bartender... except for that whole A.D.D., not liking unfamiliar people, forgetfulness thing. ... Oh wait, this is off topic.

Um... it seems like y'all have covered a lot of ground, and I feel like I'm a broken record in all of these relationship/ISTP threads lately. -And- I'm not really the person to get advice on for this topic. But just FYI, silence from us could mean anything. We frequently use it as a universal answer to everything. So you shouldn't automatically take it as a negative thing. We use actions more than words/absence of words. Such as simply running/walking away from you. :shock:

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I always thought I'd be a good bartender... except for that whole A.D.D., not liking unfamiliar people, forgetfulness thing. ... Oh wait, this is off topic.

Um... it seems like y'all have covered a lot of ground, and I feel like I'm a broken record in all of these relationship/ISTP threads lately. -And- I'm not really the person to get advice on for this topic. But just FYI, silence from us could mean anything. We frequently use it as a universal answer to everything. So you shouldn't automatically take it as a negative thing. We use actions more than words/absence of words. Such as simply running/walking away from you. :shock:

I've been on Ritalin for years. ISTP, ADD.
But agree with the bartender thing...not only forgetting how to make drinks but wanting to change em up all the time....and trying to remember names...oy! Waiter MUCH better....more performance art.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Hadn't thought of it quite like that, "performers at heart."

Myself included, I'd guess male ISTP's are among the few Introverts that like to dance. Although I'm not sure it's universal?

But I'd wager the one's that don't would enjoy some other form of co-ordinated movement like karate or something.

Absolutely.

And we ROCK at racquetball!

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Absolutely.

And we ROCK at racquetball!

racquetball was a favorite pass time for several years...

I don't even know where a court is now...doesn't seem to be as many of them around these parts at least anymore.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
racquetball was a favorite pass time for several years...

I don't even know where a court is now...doesn't seem to be as many of them around these parts at least anymore.

I miss it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I would love to bartend. I could see myself as the one who does all the tricks with the bottles and glasses. But yes the talking part and the banter would get draining.