• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] me: "i love you" istp: <<silence>>

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I wholly agree with this. :yes:

I mean, didn't people always say those perfect couples can understand each other without exchanging words? Why get hung up on four letters when there are so many other ways to express love.

Of course there are many ways to express love. Some people need a verbal expression rather than one of action.

To the OP: There is a book, I believe, called 'Love Languages' that might be worth looking into.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It really depends: if his actions are saying that he cares, and you feel content in the relationship outside of "saying those words" and can live without it, then I say stay in the relationship.

However if you feel like your emotional needs aren't being met and you constantly have to stifle who you are or feel "crazy" around your ISTP, then yeah I would say this relationship is unhealthy.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Non-sense. If you don't feel crazy, then you obviously don't care enough.

I mean "crazy" in a negative sense. Not "crazy in love" as you seem to be implying, but crazy like he's making her feel as though he's saner or more sensible than she is, causing her to feel bad about herself in an unecessary way.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I mean "crazy" in a negative sense. Not "crazy in love" as you seem to be implying, but crazy like he's making her feel as though he's saner or more sensible than she is, causing her to feel bad about herself in an unecessary way.

I don't think craziness can inherently be positive or negative. All it shows is a conflict. The way you approach this conflict is what gives it a "good" tag or a "bad" tag.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think craziness can inherently be positive or negative. All it shows is a conflict. The way you approach this conflict is what gives it a "good" tag or a "bad" tag.

If he's making her feel bad about herself, that's not healthy. That's my point.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
If he's making her feel bad about herself, that's not healthy. That's my point.

It's only bad when you continue to dwell on it and let it consume you. And that does not necessarily have to be the case.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah, it's a shame he's so gosh darn amazing or i'd cut him loose.

i think i'm just going to sit on it and not do anything. maybe it'll go away on its own cause i can trick myself into thinking it's unrequited.

How did you trick yourself? What makes you think its unrequited other then he wont say.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's only bad when you continue to dwell on it and let it consume you. And that does not necessarily have to be the case.

oh what ever. if someone makes you feel bad about yourself on a regular basis, that isn't a good partner or significant other.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
oh what ever. if someone makes you feel bad about yourself on a regular basis, that isn't a good partner or significant other.

I don't think that is the case for Rachelinpa, however. In fact it is quite the contrary, based on what is revealed.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
i love what you wrote here. very insightful. thank you.

How do you know that you love it? What does that word even mean? :newwink:

i guess i am wondering that since he has been in love once before... why he wouldn't just reference those previous feelings and know if he did or not?

Well, I don't actually know why he can't "reference" those feelings. Perhaps he had no way of really systematizing them, so there's nothing really for him to reference. I'm not sure if most Ts are particularly capable of referencing their past emotions and determining if something in their present makes them feel the same way as something in their past. Personally, it's pretty hard for me to operate in a system if I don't have a way to logically define that system, and emotions are something I've not really been able to make sense of. Maybe that's why he can't adequately reference his past love? I don't really know though; we are encroaching upon a topic with which I'm not all too familiar. I find this whole love thing quite silly to be honest ;)

i feel like he is really bent up on the time frame thing and knowing when it is appropriate to say certain things. i don't really understand that since the connection is so intense.

Him being "bent up on a time frame" wouldn't be too hard to believe. Time is an easy thing to quantify, and perhaps it's one of the factors that he uses to logically and concretely quantify love. Ti users want things to make sense, so it's definitely possible that he is attempting to apply arbitrary, measurable factors to a thing that is as nonsensical to him as love is.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think that is the case for Rachelinpa, however. In fact it is quite the contrary, based on what is revealed.

I gave a hypothetical suggestion of two possible situations. I cannot determine what is the true nature of the relationship based soley on the information given.

Stop trying to pick apart and rationalize my answer in some petty little way. It wasn't directed toward you, but for her contemplation based upon how she feels, which is something we cannot ultimately determine.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I understand the unrequited side. That his actions could possibly be because he likes the way you love him, but he may not feel the same thing. Which makes me wonder that it may not have been love for his ex, but him missing the way she loved him.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Stop trying to pick apart and rationalize my answer in some petty little way.

I thought when people ask for advices they want to narrow down choices, not add to them. I guess that just isn't the case for some.

Also, it is only petty when the intend is petty, you are so superficial.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
CAT FIGHT!!!!!! :girlfight:

Who is in the pink leotard and who is in the purple? I will give Heinel the choice, marmalade would look good in either;)

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I'm pink.

<-- Look.

Who is in the pink leotard and who is in the purple? I will give Heinel the choice, marmalade would look good in either;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought when people ask for advices they want to narrow down choices, not add to them. I guess that just isn't the case for some.

Also, it is only petty when the intend is petty, you are so superficial.

:huh:

I said to stay in the relationship if she felt her needs were being met, and to leave if they weren't. If she's content without him saying "I love you" - great. If ultimately she feels like she isn't getting what she needs - leave.

How is that adding choices? To me that is plain common sense. Pretty straight forward, black and white. You were the one adding all of the embellishment.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

:laugh: