• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFPs and extroversion

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
okay, so I'm pretty sure you guys know about ISFPs and how they can be unnecessarily extroverted sometimes. I was wondering if that was a trait shared with all types or if it was exclusive to ISFPs (or SPs in general)?

also, I noticed that when I get extroverted like that, I seem more ESTP than anything. is this true with anyone else?

wolfy

awsm
When I am very extroverted I think I am very much putting on a show, performing. So maybe esfp.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
David Keirsey says "Artisans (SPs) yearn for social impact." So, even those of us who are introverted still want to make an impact on people. We're just smaller-scale impacters.

wolfy

awsm
David Keirsey says "Artisans (SPs) yearn for social impact." So, even those of us who are introverted still want to make an impact on people. We're just smaller-scale impacters.

Rather than smaller scale I'd say it is more individualistic. More an expression of self.

Maya Z

MBTI Type
ISFP
When I am very extroverted I get silly and crazy. I am easily excitable! I'm a goof. :laugh:

It doesn't feel to me like putting on a show, but it probably looks that way.

Rather than smaller scale I'd say it is more individualistic. More an expression of self.

Yes! That is what extroversion feels like to me more than performing - an overflowing expression of myself.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My ISFP claims to actively avoid her co-workers and volunteers in doing the more solitary activities. We're both socially awkward recluses. The majority of our communication is over Skype.

Having said that, she is very self-confident and has no qualms in initiating conversations, as long as they are on her terms. When she does come out of her shell she's very bubbly and talkative. She really is well-liked, yet she has no idea why. Meanwhile I'm in the background, hands in pockets.

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP

I actually agree with that, but according to MBTI ISFPs may lack the desire to impress people.

...I sometimes get that desire :cry:

B

brainheart

My ISFP claims to actively avoid her co-workers and volunteers in doing the more solitary activities. We're both socially awkward recluses. The majority of our communication is over Skype.

Having said that, she is very self-confident and has no qualms in initiating conversations, as long as they are on her terms. When she does come out of her shell she's very bubbly and talkative. She really is well-liked, yet she has no idea why. Meanwhile I'm in the background, hands in pockets.

What you say about her sounds a lot like me.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being social and outgoing isn't an extrovert trait, anyone can do it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True, but which one is going to get the most rewards from it?

Good way of putting it. :yes: Now you're getting into what being E/I actually entails...

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think an introvert has the most to gain.

How do you mean? In terms of personal development perhaps but in terms of enjoyment in the moment I don't think so.

wolfy

awsm
How do you mean? In terms of personal development perhaps but in terms of enjoyment in the moment I don't think so.

I really just wanted to see what you and others would say. I do get a lot of enjoyment from being social and performing but I don't want to do it all the time. It comes and goes. I think if I had a core skill and used it every day to entertain that would be great.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When I'm extroverted I'm either very well liked or I sound annoying to myself. I have to try a bit harder to be extroverted so it does feel like I'm putting on a show a bit. Its like all of a sudden I'm trying to kind of outshine the others around me...but then when I realize this, I quickly jump back into my introverted ways and just sit there all quiet. I can't tell you how many people ask me "whats wrong" when this happens.
I honestly see myself as an annoying extrovert.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What really makes the difference between extroversion and introversion?

I used to think I knew? But reading through not so sure anymore.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What really makes the difference between extroversion and introversion?

I used to think I knew? But reading through not so sure anymore.

Well I thought that extroverts get they're energy from being with people and introverts get they're energy by being to themselves. But thats an observation for me.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I don't see why though. Everybody needs to express themselves in the world. And that takes extroversion.

No. You can express yourself without being extroverted. Typing messages in a forum is one way.