• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP scared of love!!

toast

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Well thank god everyone's telling you to go with the flow. I was initially worried you'd get the "take some time to reflect..." advice. You get scared when you think you're losing yourself because you need to have some independence to feel secure. Fear like that probably comes from the part of you that knows no matter how close you are to people, you are still potentially alone. I'm not saying you were even considering pulling away, but its so amazing to think a person can actually want something so much that they choose not to have it in order to never have to go through losing it. I always tell myself love is scary because it matters.

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
Rational logical advice would be awesome :)
Enjoy it. This is one of those times you don't need to decide or will anything. Let love surprise you. Let love be good to you, and it will.

What you wrote was what I thought the first time I fell hard for someone. It was hard for an INTP to let go and accept that reason and logic would do no good in this situation, but I did, and I'm happier for it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nah, man, that's a hydraulic fluid leak. There's a kit stored in their rears to fix that.

um....Can you go grab it for me, I gotta use pressure till you get the kit. No way im digging in the rear. I mean those NTs have the theory down of wiping, but I dont know if I can trust them to actually do it successfully.:glasses:

FeatheredFrenzy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Let love be good to you, and it will.

Yes, chances are, you're in good hands. :)

You may even want to consider mentioning some of these issues to her that are on your mind like the unease/confusion you've been having and your worries about hurting her. When we know what's going on, we can be very understanding.

That said, you don't want to just assume she'll know your tendency for impersonal decision-making isn't meant to be hurtful. Those things need a bit of explaining sometimes.