• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP Quirks

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In attempt to derail the romantic and/or deep threads regarding ISTPs lately, I figured I'd make a silly one.

What are some of your quirks, guys and gals?

Here's one that was brought to my attention yesterday... I have a tendency to stop whatever it is I'm doing in order to investigate any curiosity immediately on my mind. I noticed this when I was hanging out with a friend at his place yesterday. We were having a pretty in-depth conversation when a song I really like came on. He paused and asked what I thought it meant. That's when my thought process diverged and I suddenly remembered: "Crap! I've been meaning to Google that for ages!" ... and then completely forgot the conversation I was having to investigate the meaning of this song.

That's when he goes: "Hm... why do you do that [Generally referring to said quirk]?" I responded: "Because I know I'll forget to do it later, and then I'll be in a place where I can't look it up next time I hear it, and think, 'CRAP! I keep meaning to look it up!' ... and forget till the cycle repeats itself." His response: "But why now?" Me: "Because you brought it to my immediate attention and I figure I have all the available resources I need to solve it, so I don't see why not now." He paused then says, "But why don't you just write down a list? .... Oh wait, that's too much effort (He understands my constant weighing of effort vs. benefits)."

... I suppose I should work on that... at least when in mid conversation. Anyways. Humor me! I need more quirks brought to my attention. :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I drive my wife nuts because I derail things so often then I forget what I was doing in the first place. I have a serious problem with getting side tracked and distracted. If I dont do it now I will forget later. This causes me to do things at the most random times because I thought about it.

I honestly think this is how a person who is in the moment learns to deal with it and work around it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One of my quirks is that I am a big kid not only at heart, but in person. I got yelled at list night because me and me niece were chunking stuffed animals at each other and she hit the blinds. Also me and my wife were sitting there contemplating which nerf guns to get because I wanted to have a nerf gun war with the same niece. Which you know what, leads to throwing things at each other and getting yelled at because we hit something or someone. Adults always seem to ruin fun, lol.

Life is fun, live it up.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Big kids...lol

Yup

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One of my quirks is that I am a big kid not only at heart, but in person. I got yelled at list night because me and me niece were chunking stuffed animals at each other and she hit the blinds. Also me and my wife were sitting there contemplating which nerf guns to get because I wanted to have a nerf gun war with the same niece. Which you know what, leads to throwing things at each other and getting yelled at because we hit something or someone. Adults always seem to ruin fun, lol.

Life is fun, live it up.

Dude! My wife and I are getting the NERF swords. Go to Wal-Mart and buy two of them as they are only $10 a piece. They even sell a huge two hander (its a one hander if you're a big guy, Heh!) for only $20. Much fun in NERF barbarism! :yay:

3899391701_b309022c93.jpg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude! My wife and I are getting the NERF swords. Go to Wal-Mart and buy two of them as they are only $10 a piece. They even sell a huge two hander (its a one hander if you're a big guy, Heh!) for only $20. Much fun in NERF barbarism! :yay:

Have you ever found nunchucks. I would go for NERF ninjitsu:ninja:

They need to bring out a NERF - Bruce Lee line of toys.