• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] How to take an ISTP and figure out every aspect of how they function - PERFECTLY

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Hey I was just wondering if you guys could tell me the specifics of my situation based on a generalized system made up of people with widely disparate personal beliefs but have a few traits in common. It's a small request, I'm really just looking to take a reserved, private, individualistic person and figure out everything there is to possible to know about them, without actually having to go through the tiresome task of talking to them about it. Especially everything involving their love life and emotions. Once I have all these details I'm not gonna obsess or anything, I'm just really really curious, and maybe I need to have some fail-proof plans to make sure he loves me, because people are easy to predict like that.

Help, please? I'm a damsel in distress, come to my rescue :wubbie: :wubbie: :wubbie:.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I propose the damsel's should embark on the study of Quantum Beer Theory.

"The experience of beer is flavor, and I find the essential experience of beer flavor arises from conflict. Within each and every real beer, two sides of taste struggle for supremacy: Hops and Malt. The malt side represents the sweet Earth: that dark, base smell coyly hinting at the sweet secrets within; the alluring, elemental color. By contrast, the sharp hops add the bitterness, the definition-- they give your taste buds something to focus on, they bring the malt flavor into sharp relief. The hops remind us that nothing is simple, and everything has its price. When you enjoy a beer these two sides wage a war to dominate your palate, and the best beers happen when the two sides become entrenched in defensible positions, protracting the battle into epic proportions."

And apply it to ISTPs.

The experience of ISTP is flavor, and I find the essential experience of ISTP flavor arises from conflict. Within each and every real ISTP, two sides of taste struggle for supremacy: Thinking and Sensing. The Sensing side represents the sweet Earth: that dark, base smell coyly hinting at the sweet secrets within; the alluring, elemental color. By contrast, the sharp Thinking add the bitterness, the definition-- they give your taste buds something to focus on, they bring the Sensing flavor into sharp relief. The Thinking remind us that nothing is simple, and everything has its price. When you enjoy a ISTP these two sides wage a war to dominate your palate, and the best ISTP happen when the two sides become entrenched in defensible positions, protracting the battle into epic proportions.

Yes, Quantum Beer Theory is the key to understanding an ISTP.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey I was just wondering if you guys could tell me the specifics of my situation based on a generalized system made up of people with widely disparate personal beliefs but have a few traits in common. It's a small request, I'm really just looking to take a reserved, private, individualistic person and figure out everything there is to possible to know about them, without actually having to go through the tiresome task of talking to them about it. Especially everything involving their love life and emotions. Once I have all these details I'm not gonna obsess or anything, I'm just really really curious.

Help, please? I'm a damsel in distress, come to my rescue :wubbie: :wubbie: :wubbie:.

Your a woman?

Its called perception ;) A person has a mask and they have who they display to the world. When you talk to them how do you know if your talking to the mask or to them? Either way do you really learn anything unless they themselves want to open up?

Talking just to talk is overrated IMHO. Everything you do affects how that person is gonna respond. Thats life. Being perceptive is more than just talking and listening. Its watching how they respond to things in their life other than you. All they show to you is what they want to, all they show to Joe Shmoe down the street is what they want to. How can you truly know someone unless you actually piece it all together?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you not feeling very ISTPish?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey I was just wondering if you guys could tell me the specifics of my situation based on a generalized system made up of people with widely disparate personal beliefs but have a few traits in common. It's a small request, I'm really just looking to take a reserved, private, individualistic person and figure out everything there is to possible to know about them, without actually having to go through the tiresome task of talking to them about it. Especially everything involving their love life and emotions. Once I have all these details I'm not gonna obsess or anything, I'm just really really curious, and maybe I need to have some fail-proof plans to make sure he loves me, because people are easy to predict like that.

Hahaha... you crack me up, Bamboo. :happy: I sense only a slight bit of exasperation.

... But just for kicks and giggles, I'll agree with SLiPpY's Quantum Beer Theory.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The experience of ISTP is flavor, and I find the essential experience of ISTP flavor arises from conflict. Within each and every real ISTP, two sides of taste struggle for supremacy: Thinking and Sensing. The Sensing side represents the sweet Earth: that dark, base smell coyly hinting at the sweet secrets within; the alluring, elemental color. By contrast, the sharp Thinking add the bitterness, the definition-- they give your taste buds something to focus on, they bring the Sensing flavor into sharp relief. The Thinking remind us that nothing is simple, and everything has its price. When you enjoy a ISTP these two sides wage a war to dominate your palate, and the best ISTP happen when the two sides become entrenched in defensible positions, protracting the battle into epic proportions.

Ok, im having some serious problems now. ISTP tasting. Enjoy an ISTP, complications this tasting causes because of enjoyment. Must supress ESTP tendencies, must..................escape...................gutter.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I is suspicious there is something occurring for bamboo.

Just above the radar? hmm...wonder what it could be?

:whistling:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I sense only a slight bit of exasperation.

Who me?

... But just for kicks and giggles, I'll agree with SLiPpY's Quantum Beer Theory.

Tangents nicely to:

I propose the damsel's should embark on the study of Quantum Beer Theory.

This is very wise. :D

Your a woman?
Are you not feeling very ISTPish?

You have a strength poki. It's taking things as they present themselves to you.

Perhaps you are a little too strong. Just to make sure: it's satire.
:D

Still I like this:

Its called perception ;) A person has a mask and they have who they display to the world. When you talk to them how do you know if your talking to the mask or to them? Either way do you really learn anything unless they themselves want to open up?

Talking just to talk is overrated IMHO. Everything you do affects how that person is gonna respond. Thats life. Being perceptive is more than just talking and listening. Its watching how they respond to things in their life other than you. All they show to you is what they want to, all they show to Joe Shmoe down the street is what they want to. How can you truly know someone unless you actually piece it all together?

Solid advice.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have a strength poki. It's taking things as they present themselves to you.

Perhaps you are a little too strong. Just to make sure: it's satire.
:D

:doh:

I was trying to avoid the satire. Protection mode coming out as a peacemaker. Answering the seriousness of the post avoiding the satire portion.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I swear I am 50% E and 50% I.

I feel that way sometimes. But I think it's because ISTPs are one of the more Extroverted Introverts in some ways. Except that we're painfully private about things that have meaning to us in real life. Places like forums and such are where we can cut loose and not give a #$@!. I can be pretty open and loud about impersonal things around strangers as long I have someone there I'm comfortable with. Still doesn't mean you're gonna get to know me on a personal level right off the bat. That's rare.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah, all is illuminated.

Good job team :)

Hold on. What did you illuminate? That we all dont fit in a box? I still stand behind my did you not fit in question. So you instead tried to take everyone out of the box. The woman thing was a joke and I tried to sidestep the satire as you basically slammed the way NFs come across that post on here.

Your type 5 is showing ;)

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Differences between individuals notwithstanding, the general similarities ARE uncanny. I rejoice when I see a new ISTP in the boards. To me, this just means there's more to understand, more to broaden what's already there. I love seeing discrepancies and individual nuances, but they're more like sub-points to a common theme (like breeds to a cat). Seeing these sub-points just makes me appreciate the variety out there, but it hasn't yet given me reason to think that the advice ISTPs give here are irrelevant to my specific situation. On the contrary, whether from girl ISTPs or boy ISTPs, it's all been fascinating and helpful!

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Differences between individuals notwithstanding, the general similarities ARE uncanny. I rejoice when I see a new ISTP in the boards. To me, this just means there's more to understand, more to broaden what's already there. I love seeing discrepancies and individual nuances, but they're more like sub-points to a common theme (like breeds to a cat). Seeing these sub-points just makes me appreciate the variety out there, but it hasn't yet given me reason to think that the advice ISTPs give here are irrelevant to my specific situation. On the contrary, whether from girl ISTPs or boy ISTPs, it's all been fascinating and helpful!

Are you calling me an animal? If yes, then thanks.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I feel that way sometimes. But I think it's because ISTPs are one of the more Extroverted Introverts in some ways.

in my experience, I__Ps have [seemingly] arbitrary lapses of extroversion, which are usually short lived. for a relatable example ISTP might be lost in the crowd, but very suddenly burst into view with a daring stunt [or more] and disappear back as quickly as they appeared.
as i see it, there's very little need for the I/E digit for P types.

that might be what you're talking about.