• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Trust an ISTP

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I need those around me to trust me. Trust me and listen to me in what I need, what I think, what I say.

For a person that is in the moment we act alot on what is concrete without always digging into the why. We know what works, but when you ask why, we dont know why, just what is needed to reach what you want, what I want. I dont have explanations or reasons, its just something that works on the outside. If you fight it, do not blame me for what happens as you went against what I need. While it does not get to the root it does buy time to allow us to get to the root of the problem.

Sorry, but some people dont try to understand cause and affect. If I tell you what I need and you go against it dont blame me for my actions or next time I will not go against what I need. What you have just done is put into concrete form what happens when I do that and it will be done to protect you from my actions. So if you cant handle the response dont go against what I need. If you can handle it then feel free to go against what I need and deal with the outcome. It will then put into concrete form that you know what I need better than I do.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
That sounds like you want it your way irregardless of what people around you may feel or want? Am I understanding you correctly?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That sounds like you want it your way irregardless of what people around you may feel or want? Am I understanding you correctly?

Not really. I know what I can handle and what I cant. I will push myself to the edge and bend as much as I internally can. So when I speak about what I need I do not have lots of room left to wiggle. This generally does not happen often, but when it does understand that I do it because i dont know any other way.

Basically, I dont cry wolf unless I need to. When I do dont push buttons unless you know what your doing. Trust that when I hit this point I cannot physically/mentally bend internally any more and I will make things bend externally.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I is suspicious there is something occurring for poki.

Just underneath the radar? hmm...wonder what it could be?

:whistling:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I is suspicious there is something occurring for poki.

Just underneath the radar? hmm...wonder what it could be?

:whistling:

Have fun, I can hug the terrain like there is no tomorrow;)

Of course in my nature I will always dart in and out of range and send up false messages. I mean you gotta make it fun. Its like connect the dots, but there is just way to many ;) If you connect those it looks like a hippo, but if you connect these it looks like a banana. If you connect these....:doh: get your mind outta the gutter.

or this could be just to mislead you:whistling:

oh and most of what I try to deal with or understand is something in the past that I am starting to understand better, hindsight is 20/20. <-- and this is not meant to mislead.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So...do ISTPs return this trust?

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
always search for truth beyond what you know, trust yourself enough to learn who to trust and how much, but expect nothing of others except human nature.

trust is the only solution to gaps in accountability, it is up to you to determine how big these gaps ought to be. nobody should be entirely free of accountability, and so nobody can be trusted entirely.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have fun, I can hug the terrain like there is no tomorrow;)

Of course in my nature I will always dart in and out of range and send up false messages. I mean you gotta make it fun. Its like connect the dots, but there is just way to many ;) If you connect those it looks like a hippo, but if you connect these it looks like a banana. If you connect these....:doh: get your mind outta the gutter.

or this could be just to mislead you:whistling:

oh and most of what I try to deal with or understand is something in the past that I am starting to understand better, hindsight is 20/20. <-- and this is not meant to mislead.

Ah, poki been cold busted! :cheers:

Quick someone go find an NF who can perform the "Feeling heimlich manuever" on an ISTP!

Yeh, I had a inkling and sometimes it's not until years later that 20/20 kicks in and I'm like, ok now I get it...at least a little bit better.

This is about the point where the thread should change subjects. :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So...do ISTPs return this trust?

I try to. When another person lies to me I try to understand why. Until I do I trust that they did it for a reason. If someone hides something or just cant explain something I trust that they know what they are doing. If me and someone else are working hard on a project and they decide they need to change, I may try and understand why, but if they just say its something I need to do I would trust them without a fight or a reason from them. I will go so far as to make up a reason that they can just agree with to agree with.

Call me niave, an enabler, etc. I know we all have limits, we all have things we need to work through. Things we cant deal with. I trust that people are working through things. I even go so far to trust that people dont always know what they are working through either. This is my gentleness. I try to back down when someone is on the edge without leaving them hanging. i just need to know which direction they need me to go, which is what advice I offer others when I am on that edge.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah, poki been cold busted! :cheers:

Quick someone go find an NF who can perform the "Feeling heimlich manuever" on an ISTP!

Yeh, I had a inkling and sometimes it's not until years later that 20/20 kicks in and I'm like, ok now I get it...at least a little bit better.

This is about the point where the thread should change subjects. :D

Im trying to get stuff out there so people can understand an ISTP and it is revealing which is strange and hard for an ISTP. My 20/20 is kicking in a little faster these days. I think I am down within a few months. Maybe its something with age, or maybe its these NF types showing interest. Any sooner and I am gonna have to back off, cant have everyone knowing my immediate business.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I try to. When another person lies to me I try to understand why. Until I do I trust that they did it for a reason. If someone hides something or just cant explain something I trust that they know what they are doing. If me and someone else are working hard on a project and they decide they need to change, I may try and understand why, but if they just say its something I need to do I would trust them without a fight or a reason from them. I will go so far as to make up a reason that they can just agree with to agree with.

Call me niave, an enabler, etc. I know we all have limits, we all have things we need to work through. Things we cant deal with. I trust that people are working through things. I even go so far to trust that people dont always know what they are working through either. This is my gentleness. I try to back down when someone is on the edge without leaving them hanging. i just need to know which direction they need me to go, which is what advice I offer others when I am on that edge.

I like :yes:

cooliogirly1000

If I tell you what I need and you go against it dont blame me for my actions or next time I will not go against what I need.

So no, second chances poki? No benefit of the doubt, no they may not have fully understood me...blah blah. :) This is such an ISTP thing to say.

We dont know why, just what is needed to reach what you want, what I want. I dont have explanations or reasons, its just something that works on the outside. Sorry, but some people dont try to understand cause and affect. .

Why don't you have explanations/reasons? For example, I eat cos i am hungry, and I also know I have to have food inorder to feed that hunger. You're saying ISTPs only know the latter?!:huh:

Sorry but isn't knowing the reasons why you want something simple, especially for Ts?

Also Amar asked a good question, if you want others to trust you, do you trust them in return...or do different rules apply for you guys. :duel:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I don't know what this thread is about, but I trust myself to figure it out.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeh, I know... Hope you didn't mind a little "self/type" recognition teasing.

We're just funny like that. :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So no, second chances poki? No benefit of the doubt, no they may not have fully understood me...blah blah. :) This is such an ISTP thing to say.

Why don't you have explanations/reasons? For example, I eat cos i am hungry, and I also know I have to have food inorder to feed that hunger. You're saying ISTPs only know the latter?!:huh:

Sorry but isn't knowing the reasons why you want something simple, especially for Ts?

Also Amar asked a good question, if you want others to trust you, do you trust them in return...or do different rules apply for you guys. :duel:

If I told you what I needed, you went against it and then blamed me for my response how do you want me to respond?

Simple example, I cant handle it when you do XYZ, you do XYZ and I get frustrated, you then jump on me for getting frustrated.

And in return if you try to meet what I ask and you change from who I believe you are I will do what it takes to allow you to be yourself and something else external will change.

Just be warned that if I dont like XYZ and it is part of who you are there is only so much change that can happen outside of me and you before we become so far apart the relationship just wont work.

When its simple things yes the reasons are simple.

The strange things about NFPs are the things that I ask them to change are because I am married and I am working to keep a distance.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah. I think this is a case of NFP boundary pushing and STP line drawing.

Been there. Done that.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah this actually got me thinking a bit. It seems like the only sure fire way to get to an ISTP is indeed to do a leap of faith. It stabilizes us, and allow us to proceed at our own pace.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It is a case of one of 2 things that I can figure. Lack of Te which causes us to have problems organizing our thoughts into something coherent and inferior Fe which causes us to be unable to organize the reasons behind our feelings.

They are both very draining things for us to do and takes a tremendous amount of energy. The result though is a very deep understanding of what is concrete.

Se though doesnt affect me one bit. I live for external perception, to understand what I see. It can even feed me with energy like in the case of concerts, driving, etc.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah. I think this is a case of NFP boundary pushing and STP line drawing.

Been there. Done that.

I will push the boundaries also, just in different ways. I grew up with alot of NFP types, I understand the boundary pushing and I am used to it. Its interesting to watch because its completely new to my wife and she doesnt know how to handle it. I can shut things off when I want to and decide what I choose to let out. I know what a healthy NFP looks like vs an unhealthy one.