• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] How to keep an ISTP

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It may sound stupid but to keep us you must let us go, we may get distracted, busy, etc. But when you need us we will do everything possible to be there and help you.

When we are let go that is the only time we can know for sure that the decision we make is what we want. The thing with letting us go is that you do not push us away.

When you let me go I will make sure I do not go far.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*notes down 'collar+ 8 meter leash' on grocery list*

Check ;)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is it that suddenly I feel like a dog? :huh:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why is it that suddenly I feel like a dog? :huh:

I am trying to figure out whats wrong with a dogs life? Chasing butterflies, then realizing they dont taste good. Constant petting, loving. Please throw a frisbee for me to catch, not at me. Knows how to play fight and be rough, without actually biting or scratching.

Or it could just be your avatar ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
You can't keep one.

You have to exhibit enough traits that one finds consistently appealing so they continue to come back, stay and play.

:)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
malamute.jpg

Awwhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooo *pants* :devil:

:wubbie: :wubbie: :wubbie:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*notes down 'collar+ 8 meter leash' on grocery list*

Check ;)

Dogs always start out on leashes, some people feel like when trained they can let the dog be freed from the leash while others are based on trust which can only be built by letting them free.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They need obedience training first though.

Then again, most dogs come running when they see their owner get out of line of sight, so it might work...

exception: malamutes and huskies.. they cannot resist the call of the wild, as much as they love people.

Where's the 'What dogbreed are you?' test when you need it???? :alttongue:

A very long leash tends to work for both parties as well, if need be. Just a matter of never pulling it tight, as it'll only result in a struggle ;)

Hence my purchase :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They need obedience training first though.

Then again, most dogs come running when they see their owner get out of line of sight, so it might work...

exception: malamutes and huskies.. they cannot resist the call of the wild, as much as they love people.

Where's the 'What dogbreed are you?' test when you need it???? :alttongue:

A very long leash tends to work for both parties as well, if need be. Just a matter of never pulling it tight, as it'll only result in a struggle ;)

Hence my purchase :D

Yes it will result in a struggle and a dislike of leashes. Wise purchase :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tell me something..why is it you guys feel the need to leave, and do you think twice of re-initiating contact? Or is it something that just...comes naturally?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hehe, it would be to Js yes :)
As a fellow P, I work the same way though. It's nothing to worry about. If we like you, and you're consistent (as a J) in the traits we like about you...we'll be back, don't worry ;)

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It may sound stupid but to keep us you must let us go, we may get distracted, busy, etc. But when you need us we will do everything possible to be there and help you.

When we are let go that is the only time we can know for sure that the decision we make is what we want. The thing with letting us go is that you do not push us away.

When you let me go I will make sure I do not go far.

Agreed 100%. But I don't like the title of the thread. I think we should change it to "How to get an ISTP to keep you."

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Tell me something..why is it you guys feel the need to leave, and do you think twice of re-initiating contact? Or is it something that just...comes naturally?

You jane, me tarzan:D I will let you build your house in my jungle:yes:

I will initiate contact if you really mean something to me, but it has to be for a reason. Always let me find that reason and I will never lose touch.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not ISTP, but I don't like the "leash like" nature of this topic because I can relate to ISTP behavior. INFP's have the same need for space, time to think, and freedom to do our own thing.

I will only be put on a leash by my choice so the topic really doesnt bother me. Look at Amars response. I never felt a leash growing up, it doesnt mean it was not present.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not ISTP, but I don't like the "leash like" nature of this topic because I can relate to ISTP behavior. INFP's have the same need for space, time to think, and freedom to do our own thing.

Hence the very very loose, possibly elastic leash :D

You jane, me tarzan:D I will let you build your house in my jungle:yes:

I will initiate contact if you really mean something to me, but it has to be for a reason. Always let me find that reason and I will never lose touch.

LOL..yeah..you are ISTP :D
It's just that to me, I enjoy people coming to me coz I enjoy my space, but don't mind them tapping on my shoulder if something's on their mind or they just want some fun. I'll keep from initiating convo's though if I can help it, coz I don't wanna be pushy and force people into a convo out of politeness (I know, I know).

So...I'm kinda wondering how that works with you guys, I guess. Ime, ISTPs tend to leave a convo very abruptly and..when intrigued enough, seem not to have a problem initiating one either.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ohhh come on, you won't even know it's there ;) :devil: