• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP Messin' With Peeps

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've noticed choosing friends is somewhat automatic. Like the ones that stick for a while, are people I'd initially just f* k with to see what they'd do or say back.

It's worked that way with a few relationships too, and come to think of it...those were the most fun. Otherwise I tend to make crappy dating choices, well attractive chicks that *shudders*

Just curious if other ISTP's tend to f* k with people they initially like too?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
hmm ya...I'm a prick haha. I can be mean and blunt at times, especially when someone is getting on my nerves. Then when it's someone I like I can open up too much.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ja, I remember the first day I posted on the board telling jixmixfix he's an I**J or some other silly nonsense. :yes:

jixmix is like wtf, you don't even know me. :laugh:

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
The very first time I met my girlfriend's sister she immediately launched into the whole 'don't F with my sister' talk. I had barely any time to speak, she just yammered on for a good three or four minutes about how 'she doesn't hold back' and she 'speaks her mind' It annoys me when people much younger than I talk down to me, like in her 19 years of life she has had so much more experience... *grumble*

Anyhow, I reply "Alright, cool, it's a violation of my parole to beat my girlfriend anyways."

I think it was a little too dark, but I think it got my point across.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The very first time I met my girlfriend's sister she immediately launched into the whole 'don't F with my sister' talk.

I've never understood the "If you hurt her I'll kill you" talk. Really, it reminds me of a little yappy dog trying to bite at your ankles. Highly ineffectual and just plain annoying.

My dad's an ISTP. He doesn't do the speech, he does The Glower, which communicates that if anyone messes with his baby girls that the police will never find your body.

Really, it works much better that way. :cheese:

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I've never understood the "If you hurt her I'll kill you" talk. Really, it reminds me of a little yappy dog trying to bite at your ankles. Highly ineffectual and just plain annoying.

It was weird. I'd barely said anything at all to her and right from the getgo she has to explain to me that treating people like shit isn't ok with ther. Oh ok, thanks for straigtening that out. :rolli:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you need to move a dead body, and you need to keep it quiet...call an ISTP :popc1:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have shovels and bags of lime in the garage, don't you?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've noticed choosing friends is somewhat automatic. Like the ones that stick for a while, are people I'd initially just f* k with to see what they'd do or say back.

It's worked that way with a few relationships too, and come to think of it...those were the most fun. Otherwise I tend to make crappy dating choices, well attractive chicks that *shudders*

Just curious if other ISTP's tend to f* k with people they initially like too?

I agree. It is pretty automatic. If I like someone I will mess with them. It's a sign of endearment and means that I know they can hold their own with me.

Sometimes I do it when I'm on the fence about someone. If they can banter back with me then I know they're good and it's a pretty quick bond. But when they can't then I sort of lose respect for the person. :thumbdown:

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I think the best way to mess with people are the subtle ways, where the person never even realizes what is going on...

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was weird. I'd barely said anything at all to her and right from the getgo she has to explain to me that treating people like shit isn't ok with ther. Oh ok, thanks for straigtening that out. :rolli:

You should have pat her on the head, told her to get you a beer and walked away.

LEGERdeMAIN

yes, I also do this. I also like to push other people's emotional buttons in order to create conflict, which I quickly resolve with my soothing oratorical skillz.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree. It is pretty automatic. If I like someone I will mess with them. It's a sign of endearment and means that I know they can hold their own with me.

Sometimes I do it when I'm on the fence about someone. If they can banter back with me then I know they're good and it's a pretty quick bond. But when they can't then I sort of lose respect for the person. :thumbdown:

About eight years ago I met an ISTP dude. Two months later guy asked me to be in his wedding, four months later I was asked to plan the bachelor party by his brother.

At the time, to me it didn't seem strange... But I did think to myself? ok, I've known this guy x to nothing. He's social director for his fraternity, and well...why me?

So eight years after driving that dude to his wedding, he could ask again tomorrow and there'd be not even a question. Thought of that when you mentioned "quick bonds."

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
My dad's an ISTP. He doesn't do the speech, he does The Glower, which communicates that if anyone messes with his baby girls that the police will never find your body.

My girlfriend's dad is an ISTP, he opted for cleaning his pistol on the kitchen table conveniently when he knew he'd be first meeting me. I immediately knew the exact gun and rounds he had from one look, which was enough for him to like me, and we've been good since.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
hahahaha

that's awesome. great mental imagery i'm getting imagining this.