• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP Messin' With Peeps

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seeing individual reply's is awesome to me.

Like my dad was an ISTP and I didn't get him. omfg...now I do.

My N shift is a ton stronger than his, and I write more and well, sometimes I remember him saying chit that totally blew me away. like ok, my dad thinks about that crap?

My granddad was also an ISTP. The man was very quiet unless among his friends. He loved fishing more than almost anything, and didn't have much education but designed conveyors to move coal that are still in use in West Virginia today.

Seeing bamboo's observance of appreciation for the gun story. Reminded me of an afternoon when my granddad returned from hunting.

I was a "city" kid and always felt like my gramps liked me, but didn't quite respect me? or know quite what to make of me?

So the birds were in a bag on the table. I didn't say a word. I went to the kitchen and got a knife and started cleaning those birds.

yeh, I'd been taken hunting before, I had my own bow and arrow...but I'd never cleaned jack nor shat before.

My grandpa kept watching TV, but I noticed he'd look over from time to time.

I got to the last bird and he walked over.

He picked up the first bird.

Man says, 'First bird looks like the last bird, where'd you learn to clean like that?"

I didn't have an answer for him. Just sat there and smiled. old dude, just went on to bed. Wasn't even quite dark yet.

From then on, he still didn't say much...but I could feel his respect.

uh, I need to stay away from these g* damn forums. I'm typing crap that I wouldn't say to anybody else...and it's not like it's the first forum ever. :blush:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My girlfriend's dad is an ISTP, he opted for cleaning his pistol on the kitchen table conveniently when he knew he'd be first meeting me. I immediately knew the exact gun and rounds he had from one look, which was enough for him to like me, and we've been good since.

My dad did this!!!!!!

My sister had a date come over to pick her up and my dad sat on the front porch cleaning his shotgun. The guy came up, said hello to my dad, and dad just looked up, made Very Purposeful Eye Contact, then proceeded to ignore him.

When they were getting into the car, dad was loading the shells into the shotgun and doing his serial killer stare.

The guy was so scared, lol.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
uh, I need to stay away from these g* damn forums. I'm typing crap that I wouldn't say to anybody else...and it's not like it's the first forum ever. :blush:

Internet anonymity, wouldn't post here without it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Internet anonymity, wouldn't post here without it.

Since we are on the subject of messin with peeps and internet anonymity. I was playing an online game and someone started messing with me, imitating my user name, constantly asking me questions. So I responded and placed a blank image from a tracking site and asked him how he liked surfing the web on his Wii from the city that he lived in:D

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hippie you are an ESFP just admit it...don't be ashamed. :D

:doh: oh, you are just sooo funny

OK, there are some similarities. I do have an extroverted and gregarious side, but that's something that more fully developed with age and experience. Which I've read is pretty normal for an ISTP.

F? Well, I'm good with animals and kids, a big kid at heart. I also don't have any patience with meetings at work, and am very assertive in stopping unproductive conversations and pressing for a point and action.

Hearing a bunch of techs drone on about this or that bores the f* piss out of me. I'd rather go hang out with a salesperson.

I'm pretty sure an ESFP would call a meeting just because they're feeling bored and lonely. :thelook:

Looked at common examples of ESFP's. I read the list and laughed my butt off. Who comes up with that crap?

i.e. Ronald Reagan a.k.a the "Great Communicator" The man was a freekin' Introvert!, he is not an ESFP. He wrote extensively, took naps and "retired" to recharge and was very private. Ronald Reagan and Extrovert, laughs at anyone being stupid enough to think that.

Bill Clinton on the other hand, very well may be. n' yeah, I've always been able to easily attract hotter chicks than he can. With much less effort.

:tongue10:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
a good ol' istp friend of mine messes with peeps at work all the time. I find it amusing, and quite risky. I'm usually too surface-tact with strangers/customers to do what he does sometimes, but I live vicariously through him since we have a near identical sense of humor.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:cheese:
a good ol' istp friend of mine messes with peeps at work all the time. I find it amusing, and quite risky. I'm usually too surface-tact with strangers/customers to do what he does sometimes, but I live vicariously through him since we have a near identical sense of humor.

Do people the friend messes with always notice? or, sometimes is there something subtle about the messing with only you might notice and "get"?

One of my all time favorite hits, was receiving a call from a manager asking a question.

I said, "Well, **** I'm afraid you're going to have to give me a moment to really think about how I can explain this; in such a way as you won't feel stupid in having picked up the phone."

:cheese:

There was a brief pause. The person on the other end of the line dropped the phone and said "you won't believe what he just said to me." They repeat to the people in their office what I just said and the room burst into laughter.

:happy:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
lol. It can be blunt like that or more subtle. Mainly it's just through his vocal tone or gestures he makes. It's really obvious to me since I pay attention to that stuff anyway, but a lot of people don't get it for some reason. He usually doesn't mock them unless they provoke it though. Usually... :D

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol. It can be blunt like that or more subtle. Mainly it's just through his vocal tone or gestures he makes. It's really obvious to me since I pay attention to that stuff anyway, but a lot of people don't get it for some reason. He usually doesn't mock them unless they provoke it though. Usually... :D

That's cool to learn... I like saying crap that's funny someone else standing there might get, kind of like the earlier episodes of Sponge Bob.

Sponge Bob says something the adult watches gets, but goes right over the kids heads. :)

only ISTP I'm aware of having made friends with at work, messed with an NT by arranging their Star Wars figurines into ludacrist sexual positions.

weakshadeofblue

MBTI Type
INFJ
My husband is an ISTP. He does this too. When I first met him, he would always play devil's advocate on certain issues and I was always like, "Does he REALLY believe this?!"

Now, I don't see him do it too often. The last couple times I remember him doing it were to people he didn't like :p

sLiPpY said:
If you need to move a dead body, and you need to keep it quiet...call an ISTP

Haha, true! I especially like the popcorn-eating emoticon you used :p.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I've noticed choosing friends is somewhat automatic. Like the ones that stick for a while, are people I'd initially just f* k with to see what they'd do or say back.

It's worked that way with a few relationships too, and come to think of it...those were the most fun. Otherwise I tend to make crappy dating choices, well attractive chicks that *shudders*

Just curious if other ISTP's tend to f* k with people they initially like too?

My husband does this with me. Then he realized that I usually took it the wrong way so he stopped until I realized that he was just playing. He still teases but will stop when I'm not in the mood.

ubiquitous1

I can totally relate to the practical joking ISTPs. For example, after the first Gulf War, my current-husband-then-boyfriend came home from a dental exam. Upon arriving home, completely serious, looks at me and says:

"The dentist said I have Dog Jaw".

He told me to feel his jaw, and I as I reached for his jaw, he started barking and scared the hell out of me.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I pulled a good prank on my dentist. He'd just completed a filling and asked if everything were ok.

I said yes and then spit a realistic tooth out into my hand.

You should have seen his face.