• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP Faces.

The_Matrix

So, the pattern here, is basically:

- Default expression being neutral, serious, and possibly slightly angry.
- "Intense" eye expression

Now we're talking. Bravo for realizing this is about systematic classification!

"ISTps normally have a very characteristic passionless facial expression, indeed their whole appearance shows a lack of emotion which may be interpreted as calmness, mystery or inaccessibility. Some ISTps hide their lack of emotion behind the slightly artificial smile of a person who is seeking sensible pleasures. Their facial expressions often show scepticism or mistrust."

"Their mouth line is often calm, straight and turned slightly downwards at the corners. ISTps have a characteristic one sided smile which when combined with their scepticism can sometimes be interpreted as self-satisfaction. Their teeth are often of equal width and their mouth is usually kept tightly shut even when relaxed."

(from a socionics profile)

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
@The Matrix, I'd agree with all of that, especially your bolded parts for us ISTPs.

I'd also say that many of us are not easily moved, especially moved far, from our default expression. And that goes for both positive and negative expressions. I've been asked why I'm not happy when something good is happening and why I'm not sad/unhappy when something bad is happening, more times than I can count.

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
104745-7.jpg

tank1.jpg

40585-24459.gif

krisrq0.jpg

val-kilmer-20060626-140085.jpg

No_Country_for_Old_Men___s_Josh_Brolin_is_Goonie_3.jpg

dc79b304432eaa7a91d029bbb710.jpeg

Speed-15.jpg

Why ISTPs are hot.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"ISTps normally have a very characteristic passionless facial expression, indeed their whole appearance shows a lack of emotion which may be interpreted as calmness, mystery or inaccessibility.

...Some ISTps hide their lack of emotion behind the slightly artificial smile of a person who is seeking sensible pleasures. Their facial expressions often show scepticism or mistrust."
I switch between both of these depending on the scenario. The bolded is... uh... very insightful.

"Their mouth line is often calm, straight and turned slightly downwards at the corners. ISTps have a characteristic one sided smile which when combined with their scepticism can sometimes be interpreted as self-satisfaction. Their teeth are often of equal width and their mouth is usually kept tightly shut even when relaxed."

Lol. I used to do this constantly before my ESFJ mother beat me into submission after ruining so many of her pictures with the one-sided smirk when I was a teenager. Thus the interchangeable expressionless face, mischievous smirk, and "artificial smile." Although I don't like to think it's -always- artificial.

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
facefm.png

whoever can guess which one is ISTP gets invisible money!