• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP... What're your time killers?

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Time killers? Internet searching for topics I get interested in and/or things I'm curious about. I have a love/hate relationship with technology.

I love not having to write checks for bills, and being able to read product reviews before purchasing. All kinds of stuff, but at the same time I hate getting myself sucked into the "black box" vacuum.

Thinking of all the things I could be doing with that time. Such as being with and/or around people, hitting a golf club, strumming my guitar...etc.

I used to play video games like TFC and Half Life, and Splinter Cell. That's been several years ago, and enjoyed it but just kind of stopped.

Sometimes I'll turn off my internet connection at home for a period of months, to find other things to do with that time. Right now I have to have one due to being in an oncall situation at work.

But for right now, enjoying reading post by other ISTP and thinking darn it feels good not to feel so different from many people. :)

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
But for right now, enjoying reading post by other ISTP and thinking darn it feels good not to feel so different from many people. :)

Amen!

I play some video games.
I watch a few tv shows - Dexter, The Office... Instant Play on Netflix is amazing!
I waste a bunch of time on Facebook (altho as a general rule I don't play any FB games...I went thru a phase of Roller Coaster Kingdom and Farmville, but that's over with now).
Lately I've been looking for a house, so browsing all of that online is a HUGE time waster.
Sleep is excellent on the weekends when I have nothing to do. I try not to nap during the week anymore 'cause it totally screws up my sleep schedule for work. :(
Sometimes I just lie down and think.
I can kill a bunch of time on this site.

I waste time by being a bum :)

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Yeahhhh.... I had to get rid of my systems too and uninstall all the games on my computers. It was becoming an issue. I prefer to get rid of things at the source and not have to deal with the temptation.

Edit: To the above post: ^ :ohmy: That is... phenomenal. Where has this been all my life.

It's been waiting for you to find it.

Well, looks like we're never going to hear from her again.

They say that wandering minds eventually come back to where they started.

In this case, emphasis is on wandering and eventually. :newwink:

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I don't see it as time wasted, but as time spent not doing something I hate. I spend the vast majority of my free time on the computer, playing games (mostly first person shooters and flash games), programming, IMing people, organising things and browsing the internet for as much information as I can find. There are some sites that utterly consume me for hours, like Wikipedia, TV Tropes (for a short while), Everything2 and various forums (although I usually just lurk).

This is me: Tab Explosion

zark

MBTI Type
istp
My current favorite time killer is to be with my girl. Watch movie with her, discuss my interests/hobbies with her, and after that, you know what happens next :)

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
Main time killers for me:

> Researching various topics of interest (e.g. sports, health/fitness/nutrition, psychology, music, self-help) on the internet on forums (spend way too much time on them - school/uni marks have really gone downhill since I discovered them - have tried blocking the one's I spend most time on with LeechBlock, but I either end up cancelling the block or find another forum! LOL), youtube, wikipedia, articles etc. - always have a ton of tabs and windows open at the same time.
> TV - pretty much any show can interest me, but mostly sports (cricket, AUS football, soccer, tennis, athletics, Olympics) comedy/comedy-drama (favourites include Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, Seinfeld, Who's Line, Just Shoot Me, Becker, My Name Is Earl, Drew Carey Show), also enjoy some reality TV shows based on animals (Dog Whisperer, ), health science (What's Good For You?, Body And Brain Overhaul) , talent searches (Football Superstar, AUS Next Top Model, Idol etc.) - don't watch all these TV shows religiously, generally when procrastinating from uni work or doing some other activity - eating, warming up for exercise, ironing, folding clothes etc.
> Exercise - weight training, sprinting, running, rowing (ergo), boxing
> Cleaning/Housework/errands - as part of living with a single parent and 2 other bros, although I hate having to do it and typically put it off till the end of the day!

I used to burn a lot of time gaming too (mainly sports game) - but have stopped over the past few years - get way too addicted to them, plus my bro hogs the PS3 most the time.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
1. Browsing, reading and researching stuff on the internet.
2. Video Games (dam these are an addiction, any advice on how to quit?)

And yes, spreadsheets are awesome.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This site. Crossword puzzles. Driving around aimlessly. I'm not much for video games. They frustrate me. I'd rather shoot a gun than play someone who is shooting. Although, I like watching other people who are good play them.